Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Streaming Remotely LMS files won't play but streaming services work

I know this has probably been covered before, but I have found that I cannot stream music from MyMusic to a remote player (squeezelite) if I am on my works network, I can connect to the players just fine, I can play radio stations and streaming services fine, but MyMusic doesn't work. I have verified that it is my works network because everything works fine when I connect via my phones Internet connection though WiFi. It appears to start playing but there is no sound when this happens.

I am not using VPN or SSH yet, so I am wondering is this is a port issue (do I need port 9090) or will SSH work, or what else.

Best to see this thread and close off the port forwarding until you have VPN working
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...o-the-internet!
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

It plays internet radio/streams because:

1. local player is connecting to MySB.com (no LMS)
    -or-
    2. even if connected to LMS, player doesn't doesn't need or use LMS once internet stream starts, stream goes directly to player

My guess is #1. You'll have to configure network access and settings to get LMS to play your music library remotely.

I'm well aware of the risks involved and I only have LMS listening for specific IPs, plus I don't keep anything super important on my network and I backup often. (I'm a bit of a techno Luddite, if the whole Internet went down I wouldn't give a rats a**)

I think is my work's firewall blocking MY mp3 streams only. Everything else works correctly except streams from my home computer to players at work. I work along side the IT guy, and I am not aware of any mp3 filters, but who knows.

VPN is a possibility, but I don't want to VPN my whole work computer to my home computer, just Sqeezelite would be great.