Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

pCoreplayer 3.5, WIFi, BT & other questions

Hello All,

my scope is to build a reliable WiFi Raspi3 LMS headless client to work as alarm radio clock, connected to a BT speaker.

I have tried Max2Play, it works for a while, and then stops for no reason (apparent), so the chances to oversleep and be late at the office are high!

I had ruled out PCP before, but now I see it supports BT audio.

I know it must not be on at the same time, but I have a USB BT dongle, and so I do not need the on-board BT.

The onboard WiFi should connect to another Raspi acting as AP with hostapd.

Is this setup supposed to work?

Last question, what is the difference between the standard install and the Audio Optimized one?

thanks for reading,

-Gian
    town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), Squeezebox Radio, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

It should work, but alot of wifi devices/drivers are not bluetooth compatible. Even if both are external devices.

Which rpi board are you using? The new 3B+ would be preferred, if you can get a 5Ghz AP running that would be ideal. Then you could use internal wifi and internal bluetooth.

These features that you are using is not for the Audio kernel.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    These features that you are using is not for the Audio kernel.
    Paul,

thanks for your kind reply.

You mean I should avoid using the Audio Optimized version, or only that I have no gain using it?

-G
    town: Musical Fidelity Dr.Thomas, Preamp II, Infinity 7K, Squeezebox Classic (2), Squeezebox Radio, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Ubuntu 18.4 LTS server
    country: Musical Fidelity A-5, Infinity Renaissance 90, Musical Fidelity A120, Sonus Faber Concertino, Squeezebox Classic, SB Touch, Raspberry Pi 2 with HiFiBerry, Raspberry Pi 3 server with Debian Jessie on Arm7

The audio version will decrease stability in a wifi environment.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer