Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
    formerly known as Fletch

Power Off All Players?

Maybe this exists already and I'm not aware of it...

Is there a plugin that will provide a "master off" function? In other words, if I have multiple players going, synced or not, it would be nice to be able to turn them all off with a single click. I'm not sure where this would go in the menu structure, but ideally it would be available from both the web UI and any mobile app.

Ipeng is pretty good for this albeit you have to ‘touch’ each player - but they are in one screen. I think the watch app has the function to switch off all players with a single touch. Presume you have skimmed the plugins page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote a shell script for this that I activated from an internal web page via CGI. I leave them running these days though to confuse the dog..

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Here's one I found and once used. Copy to a batch file named as you please. You have to find a way to call that file from within LMS. I think this capability exists within "Server Power Control" plugin which I was also using at that time. IIRC, it showed up in both web GUI and mobile app.

Code:
    @echo off

::adapt the following set statements
    set netcat=C:\Progra~1\Netcat\nc.exe
    set lmsip=127.0.0.1
    set lmsport=9090

::send the commands via netcat using a timeout of 1 second
    ::replace "ip.ad.dr.es.s#" with ip address of each player
    echo ip.ad.dr.es.s1 power 0 | "%netcat%" -w1 -vv %lmsip% %lmsport%
    timeout /t 1
    echo ip.ad.dr.es.s2 power 0 | "%netcat%" -w1 -vv %lmsip% %lmsport%
    timeout /t 1
    echo ip.ad.dr.es.s3 power 0 | "%netcat%" -w1 -vv %lmsip% %lmsport%
    timeout /t 1
    echo ip.ad.dr.es.s4 power 0 | "%netcat%" -w1 -vv %lmsip% %lmsport%
    timeout /t 1
    echo ip.ad.dr.es.s5 power 0 | "%netcat%" -w1 -vv %lmsip% %lmsport%
    timeout /t 1
    echo ip.ad.dr.es.s6 power 0 | "%netcat%" -w1 -vv %lmsip% %lmsport%
    timeout /t 1
    echo ip.ad.dr.es.s7 power 0 | "%netcat%" -w1 -vv %lmsip% %lmsport%

Quote Originally Posted by yeomanspc View Post
    Ipeng is pretty good for this albeit you have to ‘touch’ each player - but they are in one screen. I think the watch app has the function to switch off all players with a single touch.
    The main iPeng app has this, too.
    First, if players are synchronized the main power button always acts on all of them (unless you disable this in settings).
    And second, long-pressing the main power button lets you power off all players, synchronized or not.
    This works in the widget, too.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Miksis View Post
    Maybe this exists already and I'm not aware of it...

Is there a plugin that will provide a "master off" function? In other words, if I have multiple players going, synced or not, it would be nice to be able to turn them all off with a single click. I'm not sure where this would go in the menu structure, but ideally it would be available from both the web UI and any mobile app.
    You can also use Group Players plugin and create on virtual player whose role is just power off/on
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

formerly known as Fletch
    Quote Originally Posted by yeomanspc View Post
    Ipeng is pretty good for this albeit you have to ‘touch’ each player - but they are in one screen. I think the watch app has the function to switch off all players with a single touch. Presume you have skimmed the plugins page?
    Thanks. I'm an android user and I can do something similar in Orange Squeeze. Still hoping to find something that also works on the web UI.

formerly known as Fletch
    Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    You can also use Group Players plugin and create on virtual player whose role is just power off/on
    Interesting. That sounds like it might do the trick. I'll check it out, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Here's one I found and once used. Copy to a batch file named as you please. You have to find a way to call that file from within LMS. I think this capability exists within "Server Power Control" plugin which I was also using at that time. IIRC, it showed up in both web GUI and mobile app.
    For unix based players this will send the pause command to all players (and no need to know the player IPs).. You could adapt this to send poweroff instead.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    ##
    ## Slightly Intelligent script to pause all playing squeezebox players.

LMSHOST=<lms server IP>

# Get number of players
    PLAYERS=`/bin/echo -e "player count ?\nexit\n" | nc ${LMSHOST} 9090 | awk '{print $NF}'`

while [ $(( PLAYERS-- )) -gt 0 ] ; do

ID=`/bin/echo -e "player id "$PLAYERS" ?\nexit\n" | nc ${LMSHOST} 9090 | awk '{print $NF}'`
    	MODE=`/bin/echo -e $ID" mode ?\nexit\n" | nc ${LMSHOST} 9090 | awk '{print $NF}'`

if [ $MODE == "play" ] ; then
    		/bin/echo "Forcing pause on player ID "$ID
    		/bin/echo -e $ID" pause 1\nexit\n" | nc ${LMSHOST} 9090
    	fi

done
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..