Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Ridiculously pleased - big thanks to Michael H & SqueezeBox community

Have always had random glitches when streaming from Internet - Spotify, radio stations, etc. Generally once or twice a day. Took some time to update all the firmware on my firewall and APs a couple weekends ago, updated to LMS 7.9.2 and everything has been rock solid. Currently running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1524136933 on RPi3 with MaxPlay hardwired to router. Music and OS on a microSD card.

Interesting that after I updated the firmware on my Ubiquiti APs the Auto setting for power is no longer full strength and the WiFi signal strength at most of my SqueezeBoxen is lower by 10-40%, however, syncing 5 or 6 is no problem.

Running Spotty and ShairTunes2, both working flawlessly.

Wanted to say many thanks to Michael for his continued work and support for LMS, along with all of the other contributors and plug in developers, and everyone here on the forum that’s always helpful when I’ve run into issues - Thanks!!!
    "You know, I'm all for progress. It's change I object to."
    Mark Twain

LMS 7.9 on Raspberry Pi3 w/200GB SD
    5 Receivers, 1 Boom, 2 Radios, 1 Controller, 1 iPhone & 1 iPad w/iPeng, 1 Android phone w/Squeezer

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHart View Post
    Wanted to say many thanks to Michael for his continued work and support for LMS, along with all of the other contributors and plug in developers, and everyone here on
    the forum that’s always helpful when I’ve run into issues - Thanks!!!
    +1!
    LMS: SGC microJukebox • Players: Duet, Touch (two), ultraRendu, Mac SqueezePlay, Win Squeezelite-X • Control apps: Android Squeezer, Win Squeezelite-X

Yes,
    Michael helped me big time, when I bought a used SB3 off E-bay. I was having issues with it, and someone told me to have Michael H "de-register " the previous owner, which he did, then he helped walk me through resetting the MAC address. After that I registered it (again) to my account, and all is fine now..

Yesss!

Great thanks to Michael, Erland, Philippe, tcutting, the PiCore-team and all others who posted in this forum. They gave me unvaluable hints which kept my Logitech systems working to my pleasure over all the years.

Karl
    Odroid U3+m2p+LMS | Pi3-7"+pCP+LMS | Transporter | 2x Touch | 2x Classic | 2x Boom | 2x Radio | iPeng

This forum was a lifeline from me when I ditched my Netgear MP101 and went the Squeezebox route. It wasn't always a smooth journey but I could rely on getting help here (even when the problems were my own stupid fault).

I'm back today to ask a question, but its only the second time since November 2015. That's because my Classic, Duet and Boom all continue to do sterling service and I spend my time listening to music rather than tinkering with the setup.

Thank you to everybody that has made this forum a key part of using these players successfully. Long may they continue!

Mark.

Fabulous group here - couldn't enjoy much of this w/o the dedication of all involved in project ... ditto on the big thanks..

Just another Fan Boy

I remember browsing this form in 2008 and reading all the problems people were having with their routers etc.. A lot of "I am throwing this thing in the trash." And I wasn't sure if I wanted to get involved but bought a new Duet and had so few problems that I bought 2 more units. And I will be honest if there was something better ( for my purposes) I would move on. But obviously I am still here and it's working better than ever for me. This forum is great and I appreciate the work of people like Michael, the piCore group & others that make it so.

Many thanks to all!
    (1) Pi 3 w/ HifiBerry Digi + Pro, piCorePlayer 4.0.0, LMS 7.9.2, WD usb drive for Music files
    (1) Touch, (1) Transporter, (1) Duet