Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

2 i2c Dacs, 1 pi?

Hi guys,

I have been working under the assumption that it is only possible to ever run one i2C GPIO dac per pi... is this correct?

I'd love to find a way to run 2, rather than having to use a USB dac for the 2nd player on a pi. So I thought I'd ask.

I have seen a thread only where apparently two pimoroni dacs were run together for 4 channel outputs... but no instructions on how they achieved this or how I should wire such a setup.

Any ideas if this is even possible? I've been assuming not possible given the pins needed but I'm the first to admit I'm at the limit of my knowledge here so any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by s2kiwi View Post
    Hi guys,

I have been working under the assumption that it is only possible to ever run one i2C GPIO dac per pi... is this correct?

I'd love to find a way to run 2, rather than having to use a USB dac for the 2nd player on a pi. So I thought I'd ask.

I have seen a thread only where apparently two pimoroni dacs were run together for 4 channel outputs... but no instructions on how they achieved this or how I should wire such a setup.

Any ideas if this is even possible? I've been assuming not possible given the pins needed but I'm the first to admit I'm at the limit of my knowledge here so any help appreciated.
    I seem to remember that it is possible to run two squeezelite instances on a pi using pCP.

One usb and one hat.

A forum search should give further information

how's the silver fern today?

ronnie