Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Problem with Picoreplayer, LMS, Audiophonics power switch

I have a pi2b with Allo DigiOne DAC with PiCorePlayer 3.5. This is fitted in an Audiophonics RaspTouch case and has an Audiophonics on/off switch and power management module fitted. LMS is running on a different pi (a pi3) with PiCorePlayer 3.5.

If I use as described I cannot get any music to play. Pressing play on either the RaspTouch screen or on iPeng App just results in the pause button changing to the play button for a fraction of a second and then back to the pause button. The Audiophonics on/off button operates correctly (I have installed the Audiophonics power button script in PCP).

If I disconnect the Audiophonics power button and power management module and power the pi/Digione/touchscreen from a normal 5V power source everything works as it should and music blasts out of my speakers.

Anyone any idea what is going on?
    Luxman L550aii, MA PL300, SB Touch, MDAC

Quote Originally Posted by killie99 View Post
    I have a pi2b with Allo DigiOne DAC with PiCorePlayer 3.5. This is fitted in an Audiophonics RaspTouch case and has an Audiophonics on/off switch and power management module fitted. LMS is running on a different pi (a pi3) with PiCorePlayer 3.5.

If I use as described I cannot get any music to play. Pressing play on either the RaspTouch screen or on iPeng App just results in the pause button changing to the play button for a fraction of a second and then back to the pause button. The Audiophonics on/off button operates correctly (I have installed the Audiophonics power button script in PCP).

If I disconnect the Audiophonics power button and power management module and power the pi/Digione/touchscreen from a normal 5V power source everything works as it should and music blasts out of my speakers.

Anyone any idea what is going on?
    Is the "Audiophonics on/off switch" using GPIO ? If so is it using one that the Allo One uses ?

Why bother with the "Audiophonics on/off switch" anyway with piCoreplayer ? It is designed just to have the power cut from it.

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

The Allo digione uses GPIO 17 internally for the card. Make sure the power switch board is not connected to that GPIO.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    The Allo digione uses GPIO 17 internally for the card. Make sure the power switch board is not connected to that GPIO.
    Ah, that will be the problem , it's using GPIO 4, 17, 22. Is there a way around this or just junk the switch?

Ah, that will be the problem , it's using GPIO 4, 17, 22. Is there a way around this or just junk the switch?
    Seems a lot of IO's for a switch ! Do you mean IO's or Pin No ?

Edit: Forgt that question, I've found the schem !

If you want to crack a nut I've got a few nuclear warheads hanging around !!

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2018-04-25 at 12:37.
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups

Seriously though, You could ask on the Audiophonics forum whether the PSU can be used without the Pi interacting just to provide power On/Off from the switch

If not ditch the switch (or find a latching type to switch the Pi power directly) Switches on Ebay

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2018-04-25 at 13:02.

Think I've found the workaround for it:

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/blog/...atibility.html

and it looks like I need to use GPIO 27 instead of 17?

Hmm, think it's probably easier just to junk the switch.

It would be nice if all of the audio card guys would use the same GPIO's, but they don't. There is no standard, every card is different......and most don't document it, other than the driver/overlay source.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer