Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Accessing network share on raspberry pi and Raspbian

Hi,

Just bought a raspberry Pi 3 b+. I would like to run LMS and a few other programs on it. I succesfully installed LMS on the Pi and I can access the LMS through the browser.

But there is no way I can add my media files, located on my network drive. I have a netgear R7000 router with a 4tb harddrive connected to its usb port. This would be the path to the music in windows: \\READYSHARE\USB_Storage\SERVER_Backup\0\E\Mp3
    I am able to access the files through the file browser on the pi.

Also tried the things on this webpage: http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2012/0...ows-share.html

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by CypherMK View Post
    Hi,

Just bought a raspberry Pi 3 b+. I would like to run LMS and a few other programs on it. I succesfully installed LMS on the Pi and I can access the LMS through the browser.

But there is no way I can add my media files, located on my network drive. I have a netgear R7000 router with a 4tb harddrive connected to its usb port. This would be the path to the music in windows: \\READYSHARE\USB_Storage\SERVER_Backup\0\E\Mp3
    I am able to access the files through the file browser on the pi.

Also tried the things on this webpage: http://www.stuffaboutcode.com/2012/0...ows-share.html

Does anyone know how to solve this?
    You need to 'mount' the network share on the router usb. This is then actioned via the fstab file when raspian starts.

You then need to reference the mount point in LMS.

To do this you'll find it easier if you have WinSCP installed on your windows PC, and be able to use PuTTY to login to raspian as a root user.

Contact me via PM and I'll try to help out.
    LMS server: Pi Zero

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Home Mini, Pioneer WX-SMA1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    You need to 'mount' the network share on the router usb. This is then actioned via the fstab file when raspian starts.

You then need to reference the mount point in LMS.

To do this you'll find it easier if you have WinSCP installed on your windows PC, and be able to use PuTTY to login to raspian as a root user.

Contact me via PM and I'll try to help out.
    Ok, I will send you a message.

I am currently using PiCore player 3.5, and LMS is built-in, plus SAMBA support ... all with a little RPI .. mounting and sharing the drive is all done through the GUI ... so far, so good...

Name:  SAMBA-PiCore.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  113.0 KB