Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    134

    MPRIS support via slimpris2

    slimpris2 is an implementation of the Media Player Remote Interfacing Specification for Logitech Media Server, originally written by Bart Lauret based on mpDris2. It allows player controls to be integrated into your favourite desktop.

    It's been abandoned for a number of years, but I've updated it to work with Python 3, and I intend to fix a few bugs if I find the time.

    I’m using it with Gnome’s Media Player Indicator extension, but I expect it should work with your choice of MPRIS client.

    You can find it on GitHub. If you find any issues or have any contributions, please file them there.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    134
    I've created slimpris2 RPM packages for Fedora.

    Installation is as simple as:

    Code:
    sudo dnf copr enable mavit/slimpris2
    sudo dnf install slimpris2

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    134
    This is still a thing, and I made a new release today.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    122
    Thanks for your work! Nice to see that you have picked it up. I wanted to do a rewrite to support multiple players and then googled slimpris2 and then found your fork.

    To get it to work I needed to do the following after building:
    Code:
    systemctl --user enable slimpris2.service
    systemctl --user start slimpris2.service
    Is that something useful to add to the README? Also maybe something about adding the mac-address of the player you want to control in the config file.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by lauret View Post
    Thanks for your work! Nice to see that you have picked it up.
    Thanks for doing most of the work!

    Quote Originally Posted by lauret View Post
    To get it to work I needed to do the following after building:
    Code:
    systemctl --user enable slimpris2.service
    systemctl --user start slimpris2.service
    Hmm. If I run:

    Code:
    systemctl --user status slimpris2
    I get:

    Code:
    ● slimpris2.service - Squeezebox MPRIS remote control
         Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/user/slimpris2.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    ...
    If the vendor preset is enabled then I don't think it should be necessary to re-enable. Did you try logging out and back in again instead?

    Quote Originally Posted by lauret View Post
    Also maybe something about adding the mac-address of the player you want to control in the config file.
    Yes, that certainly sounds helpful. Pull requests welcome!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by mavit View Post
    If the vendor preset is enabled then I don't think it should be necessary to re-enable. Did you try logging out and back in again instead?
    It is hard to check what was wrong after fixing it. I will try again on another system.

    Quote Originally Posted by mavit View Post
    Yes, that certainly sounds helpful. Pull requests welcome!
    I will!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •