Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Adding ReplayGain tags

I am looking for ideas on the best way to add ReplayGain (album & track) tags to a library of 30,000 mostly FLAC & 320kbps MP3 files.

I am aware that Foobar2000 has tools to do this but it seems to be a two stage process whereas I am looking for a point, click and leave solution.

EDIT Some files already have RG tags
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    I am looking for ideas on the best way to add ReplayGain (album & track) tags to a library of 30,000 mostly FLAC & 320kbps MP3 files.

I am aware that Foobar2000 has tools to do this but it seems to be a two stage process whereas I am looking for a point, click and leave solution.

EDIT Some files already have RG tags
    I've had good results with Mediamonkey, but it still uses the "true" replaygain algorithm, whereas Foobar uses EDU R128 since several years already. If you're at all uncertain of the origin of your existing RG tags, I'd advise Foobar, as it gives you the option to just ignore what's in place and recalculate. The two stage process is actually rather simple and logical:
    • It first calculates all values and shows them in a table, indicating possible anomalies.
    • You then have the option to write all (or selected) values to the tags

Doing it this way will ensure all your RG tags are consistently calculated, not having mixed reference levels or algorithms.
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

Thanks
    I guess my next thought is whether Foobar can handle 30000 tracks at one go?
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

You may want to have a look at rgain, specifically the collectiongain tool:

This program is designed to apply Replay Gain to whole music collections, plus the ability to simply add new files, run collectiongain and have it replay-gain those files without asking twice.
    Note: I've never used this, so no idea how well it works...
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Thanks
    Funny you should ask today !
    I was lying in the bath yesterday when I noticed a BIG difference in gain between albums so I set out to find out why. Replaygain was the answer (or rather lack of it)

I use EZ CD Convertor for ripping to FLAC (and then converting to VBR MP3s for the car)
    I found that EZCD has the ability to scan down directories and then recalculate all replay gains.
    23000 Tracks takes a few hours to recalculate and then a few hours to re save the files (at about 130MB/s)

EZ CD is not free though (30 Euros for "lifetime" subscription) but there is a 30 Day trial
    I like it a lot and have used it for many years

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 8.0 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U3 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1.5K albums with 25K songs by 5K artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Thanks
    Yes, I used it once on 50,000+ tracks, writing album/track RG values to my files.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Yes, I used it once on 50,000+ tracks, writing album/track RG values to my files.
    Same here, on 100K+ tracks ...
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    Same here, on 100K+ tracks ...
    I my case Foobar2000 is on a W10Pro client machine (i5 with 8GB Ram) and the files are on a NAS - you still don't see any issue ?
    Dining Room -> SB Boom

I've used the batch converter in dbpoweramp to convert the files to a different directory and after the conversion I replace the old directory with the new.

I my case Foobar2000 is on a W10Pro client machine (i5 with 8GB Ram) and the files are on a NAS - you still don't see any issue ?
    None at all, I'm running it on a similar machine.