Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ciarmer View Post
    If that is true, that doesn't leave us in a very good spot.

If it is a verizon issue you'd think there would be a much more significant level of activity on this forum as well as the Logitech forum about the inability to connect. Verizon is a very large provider. I don't see much activity in either forum today.
    I know. What are you using for your DNS Server? Are you using the default DNS servers provided by Verizon or a third party DNS Server? I am using a third party DNS server with verizon but not with T-Mobile.

ISPs do a lot of complicated things to route and prioritize traffic. Something was reconfigured yesterday at Verizon or maybe with my DNS server vendor, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by elvtpgfiz View Post
    I know. What are you using for your DNS Server? Are you using the default DNS servers provided by Verizon or a third party DNS Server? I am using a third party DNS server with verizon but not with T-Mobile.

ISPs do a lot of complicated things to route and prioritize traffic. Something was reconfigured yesterday at Verizon or maybe with my DNS server vendor, IMHO.
    I think my answer is the default since I wouldn't know how to use anything other than the default.

Quote Originally Posted by ciarmer View Post
    I think my answer is the default since I wouldn't know how to use anything other than the default.
    You can specify or change your DNS server several different places. I did it in the Verizon router so that my entire home uses a different DNS Server. You can also do it at an individual device such as a PC or phone. I don't think Squeezebox lets you do it but I am not sure.

I had chosen a third party DNS Server because if its attention to blocking sites for phishing and allowing me to whitelist and blacklist sites. You are fine with the default DNS servers, but if you want to learn more about DNS Servers, here is a good link:

https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-pu...ervers-2626062

Neither of my Squeezebox Radios can connect to mysqueezebox.com

Suddenly over the past two days both of my Squeezebox radios stopped connection. Red indicator. I reset modem and router, ran an antivirus scan. Reset both radios to factory settings. Turned completely off then back on. Nothing works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I even tried connecting hardwire to my router. Still nothing

Same Problem

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Last night, 4/15 PM, while the time was displaying I did get the Boom
    > streaming a station. While it continued to stream the audio the display
    > showed the station data...however it was for a different station! While
    > streaming the audio, the display switched to showing... "can't
    > connect...left to go back, push knob to" That eventually went away and
    > the display started showing the wrong station again on display. Very
    > unusual behavior. Pressing the Pwr Button, took about 30 seconds and
    > then switched off. My phone APP "SB Player" still shows about every 20
    > seconds, "command stream error".."reconnecting". The Squeeze Connect APP
    > used with SB Player no longer works due to loss of connection. So, not
    > just my BOOM radio issue.

Thank you very much for these details! It kind of matches what we're
    seeing: that service instances is handling the slimproto connection for
    your device. Controllers (such as the SB Player) would use a different
    protocol, and rely on the database to tell what slimproto service
    instance the player was connected to. Now that particular service
    instance is complaining about requests for players which it believes are
    not connected to it. As if the database was out of sync. Or the player
    was actually connected to some other server/instance.

--

Michael
    I am having the same trouble with my SqueezeBox Radio. The Radio will not connect to mysqueezebox. I have powered off and restarted. I even did a factory reset. Nothing has worked. Please help!

Two Radios behaving in a very strange way. HELP!

One radio shows a connected WIFI symbol in lower right hand corner of screen. Very limited menu options which include Now Playing, My Music, Settings, Networking, and that's it. If I click My Music, it tries to connect to LMS on my W10 computer but cannot connect.

My other radio has a red WIFI symbol in the lower right hand corner with menu options which include Now Playing, My Music, Radio, Search, My Apps, App Gallery, Favorites and Settings. Clicking any one of these will cause it to try to connect to LMS on my computer but cannot connect.

If I turn of LMS and use my computer to go to www.mysqueezebox.com, both radios appear as connected! Each radio can be controlled from the Remote Control capability on the mysqueezebox.com website. The remote control capability on mysb.com allows me to select Pandora stations, podcasts, etc. However, I cannot control the volume, nor can I turn the radios off. That is so bizarre. Especially that one of the radios is showing a RED WIFI symbol, which is supposed to mean that it is not connected to mysqueezebox.com and yet I can control it from the mysqueezebox.com's remote control capability.

I'm not sure where to go with any of this because I've never seen behavior like this.

Even a simple thing like connecting to LMS (the new 7.9.1 version) is not possible but this may be just an odd firewall issue. Fact remains, I don't know how to fix even this simple issue.

Happy to answer any questions in trying to explore the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I am having the same trouble with my SqueezeBox Radio. The Radio will not connect to mysqueezebox. I have powered off and restarted. I even did a factory reset. Nothing has worked. Please help!
    I have the same issue when my Squeezebox is connected via Verizon, but not when it is connected with a WIFI hotspot from T-Mobile. Who is your ISP?

Quote Originally Posted by diannabill View Post
    Suddenly over the past two days both of my Squeezebox radios stopped connection. Red indicator. I reset modem and router, ran an antivirus scan. Reset both radios to factory settings. Turned completely off then back on. Nothing works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I have the same issue when my Squeezebox is connected via Verizon, but not when it is connected with a WIFI hotspot from T-Mobile. Who is your ISP?

Quote Originally Posted by elvtpgfiz View Post
    It is Verizon