Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
    I have not being able to connect my Squeezebox radio for about 8 weeks, red icon (both Ethernet and wireless)
    I have done a factory reset and restarted the router
    Turned off for a week, no change
    MAC 00:04:20:++:ad:++

Are you trying to connect the Squeezebox Radio to mysqueezebox.com from the Radio itself?

Can you connect and log in to mysqueezebox.com from a web browser? If you can, is your Radio showing as a Player and with what status.

Do you have LMS installed on a computer and have you tried to connect the Radio from the LMS web gui, under "Extras > Music Source > mysqueezebox.com"

Your location may help if others have the same problem.

It might be a good idea to disguise your MAC

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Are you trying to connect the Squeezebox Radio to mysqueezebox.com from the Radio itself?

Can you connect and log in to mysqueezebox.com from a web browser? If you can, is your Radio showing as a Player and with what status.

Do you have LMS installed on a computer and have you tried to connect the Radio from the LMS web gui, under "Extras > Music Source > mysqueezebox.com"

Your location may help if others have the same problem.

It might be a good idea to disguise your MAC
    Thank you for replying.
    Yes I can login to mysqeezebox.com
    The radio shows as a player and “not connected”
    I am in Australia
    I do not have the LMS on my PC
    I didn’t know the MAC was a sensitive issue. No one has ever told me that before
    Last edited by GeorgeS; 2018-07-21 at 19:54. Reason: Adding something

@ GeorgeS

Well, exposing your MAC might expose you to folk messing around with the player.

Have you only used the Radio with mysqueezebox.com?

You don't say if you have LMS installed elsewhere, so I would suggest first trying the radio with LMS just to see if it still works.

If it does, then follow my previous suggestion of using the LMS web gui to connect to mysqueezebox.com

ronnie

Oh, and welcome to the forum

@ GeorgeS

Well, exposing your MAC might expose you to folk messing around with the player.

Have you only used the Radio with mysqueezebox.com?

You don't say if you have LMS installed elsewhere, so I would suggest first trying the radio with LMS just to see if it still works.

If it does, then follow my previous suggestion of using the LMS web gui to connect to mysqueezebox.com

ronnie

Oh, and welcome to the forum
    Ronnie,
    I have used the Radio for years. I used to use it with LMS but haven’t for about 2 years (I also used 2 classics)
    I have changed broadband (isp) suppliers recently but still use the same router (same one for last 2 years, but no classics) and wireless connection.
    There maybe a linkage here, but I don’t know what it is and none my other devices have had an issue
    George

Ronnie,
    I have used the Radio for years. I used to use it with LMS but haven’t for about 2 years (I also used 2 classics)
    I have changed broadband (isp) suppliers recently but still use the same router (same one for last 2 years, but no classics) and wireless connection.
    There maybe a linkage here, but I don’t know what it is and none my other devices have had an issue
    George
    Hi George, if you have changed broadband (isp) suppliers recently then I suggest to check the firewall settings on the ISP router. I learnt a lesson that the settings on that router may block some ports that are used by the SB Radio. You should have received a username and password to manage these settings on the ISP router. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by bioss View Post
    Hi George, if you have changed broadband (isp) suppliers recently then I suggest to check the firewall settings on the ISP router. I learnt a lesson that the settings on that router may block some ports that are used by the SB Radio. You should have received a username and password to manage these settings on the ISP router. Hope this helps.
    This is a good sugestionfrom bioss

I recently had a small problem and reset my router but the problem remained.

I solved it by returning the router to its factory setting, performed the the initialisation routine again and was good to go.

On a further note, I have also experienced the problem of a web site not being available through any of my installed browsers (I knew the site was up and running). Tried cache clearing and all sorts and then changed the DNS setting on the router to Google and was able to connect.

This is a good sugestionfrom bioss

I recently had a small problem and reset my router but the problem remained.

I solved it by returning the router to its factory setting, performed the the initialisation routine again and was good to go.

On a further note, I have also experienced the problem of a web site not being available through any of my installed browsers (I knew the site was up and running). Tried cache clearing and all sorts and then changed the DNS setting on the router to Google and was able to connect.
    First up, the issue is solved, thank you.

The router was not the issue and I had already reset it to factory defaults previously.

But I did install the LMS, I logged in to mysqueezebox ok. This did not initially work and the Radio was still not seen.
    What did work was going back into the setup for the Radio. I have not being able to switch libraries (I was seemingly beholden to my old one in a PC in storage).
    However, having installed the LMS, when I went to switch libraries, it found the newly installed LMS and switched. Immediately the red wireless icon went white and I was away.

Many thanks for helping

The router was not the issue and I had already reset it to factory defaults previously.

But I did install the LMS, I logged in to mysqueezebox ok. This did not initially work and the Radio was still not seen.
    What did work was going back into the setup for the Radio. I have not being able to switch libraries (I was seemingly beholden to my old one in a PC in storage).
    However, having installed the LMS, when I went to switch libraries, it found the newly installed LMS and switched. Immediately the red wireless icon went white and I was away.

Many thanks for helping
    Glad to hear you can enjoy listening to your SB Radio again
    However, I believe you are using the 'workaround' to connect via the LMS to the mysqueezebox.com server.
    When you log in to mysqueezebox.com from a web browser you should see the status of the player. If it is disconnected, your router may still block the ports.
    Anyway, the importance is that you found a way to make use of your device. Enjoy.

👍

Quote Originally Posted by bioss View Post
    Glad to hear you can enjoy listening to your SB Radio again
    However, I believe you are using the 'workaround' to connect via the LMS to the mysqueezebox.com server.
    When you log in to mysqueezebox.com from a web browser you should see the status of the player. If it is disconnected, your router may still block the ports.
    Anyway, the importance is that you found a way to make use of your device. Enjoy.
    Yes you are quite correct, it is ‘not connected’. My firewall section says Normal and that’s it. I have no idea where to find Ports or what to do to ‘open’ them or what numbers to open, 9000 from memory, but not sure why I know that.
    Maybe it’s all too hard, but as you say at least I am enjoying it again.