Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > Both radios connected (White WIFI symbol, full main menu, show up as
    > "connected" on the mysqueezebox.com website).

Oh, it's white now?!?

--

Michael
    Yes. Yesterday: White WIFI, both show up as connected on mysb.com, both provide a full menu selection but selecting any app generates a spinning thing like attempting to connect.
    And the most disturbing thing is during these recent outages, players could not cannot connect to LMS (7.9.1). Why is this disturbing? Because I've always taken comfort that if mysb.com is taken down permanently, I'd still be able to utilize LMS.

But as of this morning, radios seem to be back to normal working condition.

Two Radios Working Now!!!

May I ask those of you who haven't done so, to please PM me your players' MAC addresses? Thanks!
    Michael - Thank you so much for your help. I PM'd my Mac address information yesterday evening, and by this morning, my two radios are working again. I can't thank you enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ciarmer View Post
    Yes. Yesterday: White WIFI, both show up as connected on mysb.com, both provide a full menu selection but selecting any app generates a spinning thing like attempting to connect.
    And the most disturbing thing is during these recent outages, players could not cannot connect to LMS (7.9.1). Why is this disturbing? Because I've always taken comfort that if mysb.com is taken down permanently, I'd still be able to utilize LMS.

But as of this morning, radios seem to be back to normal working condition.
    My two radios are working again too. Thank you!

Very disturbing that the menus and favorites are not cached on the radios and need to connect to the mothership. More disturbing still is that the PRESETS don't work and are not even accessible by mysb.com. I am very disappointed that Logitech bought the company that made the Squeezebox, more disappointed that they ran the product into the ground but to still require connection to the mothership to gather data on our listening habits long after the product has been discontinued is hard to forgive.

Quote Originally Posted by elvtpgfiz View Post
    My two radios are working again too. Thank you!

Very disturbing that the menus and favorites are not cached on the radios and need to connect to the mothership. More disturbing still is that the PRESETS don't work and are not even accessible by mysb.com. I am very disappointed that Logitech bought the company that made the Squeezebox, more disappointed that they ran the product into the ground but to still require connection to the mothership to gather data on our listening habits long after the product has been discontinued is hard to forgive.
    Unless you use Music services that require mysb.com (I don't), then you do not need mysb.com. I've run LMS without mysb.com integration for the last 5-ish years, no problem with Radio stations or local music or plugins like BBC iPlayer, Spotty, etc..

Pictures below show one button press to run LMS without mysb.com (piCorePlayer OS), LMS settings page has no mysb.com tab.

Name:  nomysb01.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  14.8 KB

Name:  nomysb02.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  28.1 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 4.1.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 4.1.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Where is MAC address?

May I ask those of you who haven't done so, to please PM me your players' MAC addresses? Thanks!
    Where would I find the MAC address? I don't see anything in the menu.
    -----
    Follow-up: Oh, now I see it's printed on the bottom of the device -- in case anyone is trying to figure this out.
    Last edited by space8; 2018-04-25 at 05:41.

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Unless you use Music services that require mysb.com (I don't), then you do not need mysb.com. I've run LMS without mysb.com integration for the last 5-ish years, no problem with Radio stations or local music or plugins like BBC iPlayer, Spotty, etc..

Pictures below show one button press to run LMS without mysb.com (piCorePlayer OS), LMS settings page has no mysb.com tab.

Name:  nomysb01.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  14.8 KB

Name:  nomysb02.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  28.1 KB
    This is great to know.

I can't find that button press on my LMS 7.9.1 installation. How do I find it or set mine up so I have the option?

Quote Originally Posted by ciarmer View Post
    This is great to know.

I can't find that button press on my LMS 7.9.1 installation. How do I find it or set mine up so I have the option?
    Which OS is LMS running on?
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 4.1.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 4.1.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Which OS is LMS running on?
    Windows 10

...and another duo of Squeezebox Radio's not working.

> I posted earlier, but I am still having trouble with my 2 squeeze box
    > radios. Both have the wifi logo in red but says it is connected to the
    > network. I have rebooted my router and the units. I have also done a
    > reset to factory settings. Nothing has worked. I have seen in here a
    > lot of these problems are coming from Verizon service providers but I do
    > not have Verizon.

Ok, could everybody having problems connecting their device to mysb.com
    please tell me:

- what continent (EU vs. US)
    - what kind of player(s)
    - PM me the affected player's MAC address
    --

Michael
    Hi, first post..hello everyone! I'm glad i'm not the only one having this connection/sync issue with Squeezebox Radios.

--> Michael, i did not see any buttons on this forum thread to Private Message you. Perhaps you can PM me and i'll reply with MAC addresses of BOTH of my Squeezbox Radios?

Details:
    Continent: US
    Player: SqueezeBox Radios (2 of them)
    Firmware versions: 7.7.3 r16676
    Hardware versions: 5
    Uptimes of both Radios: 2+ weeks or more

Problem description:
    Time of Problem: has happened in last 24 hours on both of my two Radios. Yesterday at this posting time i was able to awaken to the sound of my SqueezeBox Radio alarm i had set.

cannot play any Favorites
    Alarms are not available
    cannot play any apps (spinning wheel)
    Both ethernet and wifi icons are RED

Troubleshooting performed
    - powered OFF radios, leaving OFF for 20 mins , then power both radios ON again.
    - rebooted home router
    - verified home router issued IP to each Squeezebox Radio
    - Run network diagnostics on each Squeezebox Radio successfully
    - disconnected wifi on one Radio, and connected via Ethernet cable to home router
    - read this thread

I hope there's a chance i can get my awesome SqueezeBox Radios both working again.

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by space8 View Post
    Where would I find the MAC address? I don't see anything in the menu.
    -----
    Follow-up: Oh, now I see it's printed on the bottom of the device -- in case anyone is trying to figure this out.
    It is. It is scratched on the bottom of one of my radios, so I logged into my Verizon router and went to the list of devices. Most routers will show you the MAC address of each device connected.