Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    23

    What additional Plug ins have you installed?

    Hello,

    I'm new to the world of Logitech Music Server and I am loving it!

    I got everything set up yesterday, and haven't stopped listing to music or the radio streams via the iPlayer Plug in.

    I am now looking for recommendations for other plug is to install.

    I was wondering what are your favourite plug ins to extend the functionality of Logitech Music Server?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    3,079
    Quote Originally Posted by 1uke_ View Post
    Hello,

    I'm new to the world of Logitech Music Server and I am loving it!

    I got everything set up yesterday, and haven't stopped listing to music or the radio streams via the iPlayer Plug in.

    I am now looking for recommendations for other plug is to install.

    I was wondering what are your favourite plug ins to extend the functionality of Logitech Music Server?

    Spotty
    BBC iPlayer
    Lastmix - used in conjunction with Don't Stop the Music (which is built in to 7.9.x)
    Playlist Manager
    Music & Artist Information - gives lyrics on iPeng amongst other things
    What Was That Tune
    Chromecast Bridge - turns a Chromecast into an SB player
    AirPlay Bridge - turns an AirPlay receiver into an SB player
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

  3. #3
    Senior Member pippin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    14,447
    A lot of plugins are of course about streaming services (Spotty for Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud, TIDAL, Bandcamp are just a few I use).
    Others are about integrating other hardware (AirPlay bridge, CastBridge for ChromeCast).

    But apart from that there are a few that improve the core functionality of the server. The most important ones for me because they essentially add functionality I regard as irreplaceable are:
    • Music and Artist Information - adds artist pictures, missing album artwork, biographies and lyrics.
    • Playlist Manager - easily add tracks to stored playlists
    • TrackStat - add ratings management


    There are also a few that come with LMS but need to be enabled:
    • Additional Browse Modes
    • Don't Stop The Music


    And since I use Last.fm also the Audioscrobber and LastMix (for Don't Stop The Music).
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jeff07971's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by 1uke_ View Post
    Hello,

    I'm new to the world of Logitech Music Server and I am loving it!

    I got everything set up yesterday, and haven't stopped listing to music or the radio streams via the iPlayer Plug in.

    I am now looking for recommendations for other plug is to install.

    I was wondering what are your favourite plug ins to extend the functionality of Logitech Music Server?
    AutoRescan - Automatically rescans music collection on change (Needs support availible on linux (Inotify), not sure about other OS'es (Never used LMS on anything but Linux))
    BBCiPlayer
    BBCiPlayer Extras
    Group Players - Groups of players acting as one player
    Powersave - Switches "Off" players etc after a given time of being stopped or paused usefull for players with automatically powered power amplifiers
    PowerSwitchIII - Plugin to allow SB3's to control power amplifiers (Needs simple hardware as per https://github.com/motske/PowerSwitch3 or Solid State Relay(SSR))
    Reset Volume - Sets (resets) volume on power on usefull for players with automatically powered high power amplifiers
    Mixcloud
    SoundCloud
    Spotty
    SyncOptions - Extended options for synching
    What Was That Tune ?
    Volumelock - Locks or sets maximum or constant volume on players
    YouTube
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2018-04-06 at 13:49.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

    Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    d6jg
    BBC iPlayer
    Lastmix - used in conjunction with Don't Stop the Music (which is built in to 7.9.x)
    Playlist Manager
    Music & Artist Information - gives lyrics on iPeng amongst other things
    What Was That Tune
    Chromecast Bridge - turns a Chromecast into an SB player
    AirPlay Bridge - turns an AirPlay receiver into an SB player
    Thank you for the reply @d6jg

    Could you edit your post, or reply and say a little more about what each plug in does, I would love to learn more about each one and find it if it might be useful for me.

    Thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by 1uke_; 2018-04-06 at 13:39.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    AutoRescan
    BBCiPlayer
    BBCiPlayer Extras
    Group Players
    Powersave
    PowerSwitchIII
    Reset Volume
    Mixcloud
    SoundCloud
    Spotty
    SyncOptions
    What Was That Tune ?
    Volumelock
    YouTube
    Thank you for the reply @Jeff7971

    You have lots of interesting plug ins there! Please could you edit your post, or reply and say a little more about what each plug in does, I would love to learn more about each one and find it if it might be useful for me.

    Thanks in advance for your help

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    A lot of plugins are of course about streaming services (Spotty for Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud, TIDAL, Bandcamp are just a few I use).
    Others are about integrating other hardware (AirPlay bridge, CastBridge for ChromeCast).

    But apart from that there are a few that improve the core functionality of the server. The most important ones for me because they essentially add functionality I regard as irreplaceable are:
    • Music and Artist Information - adds artist pictures, missing album artwork, biographies and lyrics.
    • Playlist Manager - easily add tracks to stored playlists
    • TrackStat - add ratings management


    There are also a few that come with LMS but need to be enabled:
    • Additional Browse Modes
    • Don't Stop The Music


    And since I use Last.fm also the Audioscrobber and LastMix (for Don't Stop The Music).
    Thanks for the reply @pippin I will take a look at the ones you are using in more detail.

    Can you tell me more about the streaming services?

    - What's involved for setting each one up? (Do you have to have an account to use each one?)

    - Do they restrict you in any way? E.g limited features because you aren't using their service directly?

    - Are there any costs involved if I would like to use the streaming services?

    I have a Chrome Cast, but it is the old style HDMI Stick version, is this any use and can it be integrated with my system using the 'bridge'? What might it be useful for if it does work?

    Thank you for helping me in my quest to get the perfect setup

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    3,079
    Ok I will expand my post but first I will say that the most important add on imho is iPeng.

    Spotty - if you have a Spotify premium account it allows you to play Spotify tracks as if they were in your own library. Best used with DSTM - see later
    BBC iPlayer & Extras - should be self explanatory
    Lastmix - inside 7.9 is Don’t Stop The Music (DSTM) which is configured on a per Player basis. Essentially it will auto add stuff to your playlist if you forget to do so. Lastmix uses the Last.fm system to help select what to play next which can be from your own library, any streaming service you have eg Spotty and from your favourites. Without Lastmix DSTM can produce odd unrelated results. With it you get very sensible selections that match what you were previously playing.

    The other plugins I mentioned are self explanatory.
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

  9. #9
    Senior Member left channel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    111
    Favorite plugins
    • Band's Campout
    • Music and Artist Information
    • Radio Paradise
    • Tidal
    • Qobuz

    Favorite Favorites
    • SomaFM - Lush
    • SomaFM - Groove Salad
    • KCSM Jazz 91

    Also considering playing with Groups and Spotty.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Ok I will expand my post but first I will say that the most important add on imho is iPeng.

    Spotty - if you have a Spotify premium account it allows you to play Spotify tracks as if they were in your own library. Best used with DSTM - see later
    BBC iPlayer & Extras - should be self explanatory
    Lastmix - inside 7.9 is Don’t Stop The Music (DSTM) which is configured on a per Player basis. Essentially it will auto add stuff to your playlist if you forget to do so. Lastmix uses the Last.fm system to help select what to play next which can be from your own library, any streaming service you have eg Spotty and from your favourites. Without Lastmix DSTM can produce odd unrelated results. With it you get very sensible selections that match what you were previously playing.

    The other plugins I mentioned are self explanatory.
    Thanks for the reply @d6jg

    Can I use Spotty with a free account? Or do you need a pay account to use it?

    I already have the iPlayer plug in running and I love it!

    I like the sound of an auto adding playlist. I used to use Last.fm so I'd love to get a playlist based on my last.fm plays. Thank you for letting me know about this

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •