Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hijacked threads? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    Or you could have just bought another original PS. The remote not working on the Touch is one of the first symptoms of PS failure. (But, hey, at least you didn't replace the IR module like a lot of others have)
    For some reason this was the 4th original PS. Enough... Remote is working like a charm! :-)

...p
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 16.04 + LMS 7.9
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado PS500e/Shure 1540

Just another datapoint from an occasional forum user... I've had no trouble with the Touch wallwart but my Classic has burned through about 5 thanks to the current-hungry florescent display. I gave up on switching supplies and have been using a $70 "Zero Zone" linear PS off eBay and I've been very happy with it.

It does run warm but my needs are way under the max rating. If it fails at least it's repairable--unlike all the plastic wallwart & inline switching supplies I've tossed.
    Last edited by Guy48065; 2018-04-15 at 12:06.
    Squeezebox Touch (Classic in system #2)
    Notebook serving .3T library
    Control:
    Samsung phone or tablet + OrangeSqueeze,
    Duet remote

I also believe in the clean power theory, but I choose the full power of a power conditioner, I have put one in each of my systems in my home.
    Pioneer Elite N50 main HT rig hardwired to router connected

1st Touch Wirelessly connected (Master Bedroom)

2nd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

3rd Touch Wirelessly connected (bedroom)

4th Touch Wirelessly connected (livingroom)

5th Touch Wirelessly connected (downstairs bedroom)

Server (In garage)
    running on Duo Core P4 3.0 GHz 8 gig ram
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit
    350 Xternal gigHD
    1.5 TB backup
    Verizon Fios wireless router w/HG antana

Quote Originally Posted by Recoveryone View Post
    I also believe in the clean power theory, but I choose the full power of a power conditioner, I have put one in each of my systems in my home.
    I should note my standard PS ran off a power conditioner, always. None of my stuff runs off the regular wall. But my power conditioning isn't exotic.

It's an AudioPower product that is significant in heft, ultra 102 or something I forgot.
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 14 Pro) running Ubuntu 16.04 + LMS 7.9
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado PS500e/Shure 1540

That's crazy that you've gone through 4 PS's with the same result. That's not typical for the Touch. At first I thought it could be a dirty power issue (since you require a power conditioner) but I don't think dirty power would be a direct cause of a remote not working.

Anyway, maybe your Touch is a tad off spec, who knows. At least you got it working.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbin View Post
    That's crazy that you've gone through 4 PS's with the same result. That's not typical for the Touch. At first I thought it could be a dirty power issue (since you require a power conditioner) but I don't think dirty power would be a direct cause of a remote not working.

Anyway, maybe your Touch is a tad off spec, who knows. At least you got it working.
    None of my Touch had issues during all these years. I burnt Boom, Radio and Duet PS (I burnt a remote charging stand last week - I know a lot here don't like the duet's remote, but although totally outdated today by iPeng and al, I still do think that was an amazing remote for its time), but no Touch so far. I've a lot of spare PHIHONG PS with all sort of ratings, so there is always an extra one and I use them for my multiples electronic home projects. They are good enough for my uneducated ears.
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5