Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    It usually look like this.

But if you double click the track in the right pane songinfo comes up showing that dash url

It's odd that the first link Live > Radio 6 has the hls URL. Then once song info is clicked by clicking the track the URL actually shows dash.

Quote Originally Posted by atca View Post
    It's odd that the first link Live > Radio 6 has the hls URL. Then once song info is clicked by clicking the track the URL actually shows dash.
    I've been clicking on song info but don;t get what you have.

Do you not get the "Skip back" and "Skip foward" sub menu in song info ? If not then you are playing HLS.

edit:

if you drill down the BBCiPlayer > Listen Live > BBC Radio 6 Music menu on the LHS pane before playing you'll get the iplayer:// menu as that the URL to be played and the option to play.

The "hls://" and "dash://" URLs are transient within the plugin to get around LMS display of info - so I don't know where they are coming from.

I think leave things as they are and I'll have to look into why JSON doesn't like iplayer:// DASH URLs as that is the proper solution - I hope it is somehgting small.
    Last edited by bpa; 2018-04-08 at 12:38.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    I've been clicking on song info but don;t get what you have.

Do you not get the "Skip back" and "Skip foward" sub menu in song info ? If not then you are playing HLS.

edit:

if you drill down the BBCiPlayer > Listen Live > BBC Radio 6 Music menu on the LHS pane before playing you'll get the iplayer:// menu as that the URL to be played and the option to play.

The "hls://" and "dash://" URLs are transient within the plugin to get around LMS display of info - so I don't know where they are coming from.

I think leave things as they are and I'll have to look into why JSON doesn't like iplayer:// DASH URLs as that is the proper solution - I hope it is somehgting small.
    Does this help:
    https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5aca711d...408_204116.mp4

Exactly what I did - maybe it's a bug a fixed as I'm on 1.5.4 which was needed last year to play R3 Dash/Flac and a few bugs were fixed on the way.

Still the original issue is JSON and iplayer URLs - I haven't used JSON to do player control so I won't be able to examine it for a few days.

How do I get 1.5.4? LMS isn't showing an update.

How do I get 1.5.4? LMS isn't showing an update.
    The update depends on what URL you use for the repository. 1.5.3 is the stable repo whereas 1.5.4 was a test repo - it was 1.5.3 with experimental supprt for BBC test broadcasts of DASH / Flac & spatial stereo - plus a few minor bug fixes.

The URLs was http://downloads.sourceforge.net/pro...lease-repo.xml - however at some point in near future when I get time I'll migrate the current stable repo to 1.5.4.* and then kill that repo URL off - so for a quiet life leave things as they are.

Thanks I just have your repo:

Code:
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/bpaplugins/betarelease-repo.xml
    Thanks for looking at this, this weekend. It all works for me, even if technically it's a bodge. Will leave be for now.
    Last edited by atca; 2018-04-08 at 13:35.

I just tested JSON with full URL icons etc using curl (it is non-UK Radio 4) and it played OK.
    Code:
    curl -s -d '{"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["Squeezebox Receiver",["playlist","play","iplayer://live?dash=http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/dash/nonuk/dash_low/ak/bbc_radio_fourfm.mpd&icon=http://radio-service-information.api.bbci.co.uk/logos/bbc_radio_fourfm/600x600.png&radiovis=fm/ce1/c204/09320&onair=bbc_radio_fourfm" ]]}' localhost:9000/jsonrpc.js
    So your problem is either something in 1.5.3 and fixed in 1.5.4.* or in the application you are using to send the JSON request. I'll try with 1.5.3 later.