Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 570
  1. #551
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post

    Update. PcP works smoothly with Macbook pro as controller. I tried squeezepad and it worked instantly, starting on the last song played and control options being simple and intuitive. The problem now is that when I disconnect the test setup ie. Ethernet, HDMI keyboard and mouse, and connect the pi3 etc into my stereo, it wont connect with the ipad or macbook. At boot up with hdmi to monitor, wlan tests are successful and show as connected! But Neither the Ipad nor the macbook can connect wirelessly!?!!!

    I tried going into pcp wireless setup and turning off the wireless and rebooting. But although wireless does turn on at boot up, there is still no connection ie pcp does not show up on the ipad or macbook screen?

  2. #552
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by nuryev View Post
    Update. PcP works smoothly with Macbook pro as controller. I tried squeezepad and it worked instantly, starting on the last song played and control options being simple and intuitive. The problem now is that when I disconnect the test setup ie. Ethernet, HDMI keyboard and mouse, and connect the pi3 etc into my stereo, it wont connect with the ipad or macbook. At boot up with hdmi to monitor, wlan tests are successful and show as connected! But Neither the Ipad nor the macbook can connect wirelessly!?!!!

    I tried going into pcp wireless setup and turning off the wireless and rebooting. But although wireless does turn on at boot up, there is still no connection ie pcp does not show up on the ipad or macbook screen?

    Find the wireless ipaddress of your pi (it's different to the ipaddress used when connected by etherenet) then point your ipad & macbook browsers to that ipaddress.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b9 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

  3. #553
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Peppi View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I am new to the forum trying to find an answer to the following:
    What is the difference between the audio optimized version of picoreplayer and the standard one.

    Could someone explain.

    Thanks
    Peppi


    Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

    Hey Peppi,

    The optimised version has some tweaks to the tiny core kernel and audio components in the software that reduce latency and some other tricky bits.
    You'd need a particularly good setup and have a DAC that assumes the master clock of the Pi and DAC and resamples the stream into something approaching perfection before you'd hear the differences.
    adding to that is the optimised version has a number of issues/limitations, like doesnt play well with wifi, that make it not suitable for the beginner.
    Stick to the standard version, you wont be disappointed
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ | rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on pCP
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml


  4. #554
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    3,471
    Quote Originally Posted by huxmut View Post
    Hey Peppi,

    The optimised version has some tweaks to the tiny core kernel and audio components in the software that reduce latency and some other tricky bits.
    You'd need a particularly good setup and have a DAC that assumes the master clock of the Pi and DAC and resamples the stream into something approaching perfection before you'd hear the differences.
    adding to that is the optimised version has a number of issues/limitations, like doesnt play well with wifi, that make it not suitable for the beginner.
    Stick to the standard version, you wont be disappointed
    Make this a sticky!
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b9 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

    Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

  5. #555
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by nuryev View Post
    ... The problem now is that when I disconnect the test setup ie. Ethernet, HDMI keyboard and mouse, and connect the pi3 etc into my stereo, it wont connect with the ipad or macbook. ...
    Glad the first issue is fixed.
    as kidstypike has written, the ethernet and wifi get different IP addresses.
    you'll see them on your router or I use "Fing".
    it will list every device on the network and what address it has.
    I see it is available on apple - https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/fing...430921107?mt=8
    Last edited by huxmut; 2018-12-30 at 04:11.
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ | rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on pCP
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml


  6. #556
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Make this a sticky!
    Thanks

    I've been thinking for a little while now that pCP (on this forum) needs a FAQ type thread for questions like the standard vs optimised version differences, that and the ethernet vs wifi IP one too.
    I know the team did some great work on the help pages, but this forum gets a lot of repeat business too
    Just a thought
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ | rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on pCP
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml


  7. #557
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by huxmut View Post
    as Man in a van has written, the ethernet and wifi get different IP addresses.

    Nowt to do wiv me guv'nor



    kidstypike gets the kudos

    I'll settle for a beer

    ronnie

  8. #558
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    203
    Whoops !

    Sorry

    edit - get your own beer Ronnie, I probably owe kidstypike though
    Last edited by huxmut; 2018-12-30 at 04:13.
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ | rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on pCP
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml


  9. #559
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,773
    Thanks for the description guys.

    If anyone wants to throw a FAQ together in HTML, we can add things to our FAQ page.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  10. #560
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by huxmut View Post
    Whoops !

    Sorry

    edit - get your own beer Ronnie, I probably owe kidstypike though

    Name:  food-smiley-005.gif
Views: 285
Size:  9.8 KB

    ronnie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •