Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post

Update. PcP works smoothly with Macbook pro as controller. I tried squeezepad and it worked instantly, starting on the last song played and control options being simple and intuitive. The problem now is that when I disconnect the test setup ie. Ethernet, HDMI keyboard and mouse, and connect the pi3 etc into my stereo, it wont connect with the ipad or macbook. At boot up with hdmi to monitor, wlan tests are successful and show as connected! But Neither the Ipad nor the macbook can connect wirelessly!?!!!

I tried going into pcp wireless setup and turning off the wireless and rebooting. But although wireless does turn on at boot up, there is still no connection ie pcp does not show up on the ipad or macbook screen?

Quote Originally Posted by nuryev View Post
    Update. PcP works smoothly with Macbook pro as controller. I tried squeezepad and it worked instantly, starting on the last song played and control options being simple and intuitive. The problem now is that when I disconnect the test setup ie. Ethernet, HDMI keyboard and mouse, and connect the pi3 etc into my stereo, it wont connect with the ipad or macbook. At boot up with hdmi to monitor, wlan tests are successful and show as connected! But Neither the Ipad nor the macbook can connect wirelessly!?!!!

I tried going into pcp wireless setup and turning off the wireless and rebooting. But although wireless does turn on at boot up, there is still no connection ie pcp does not show up on the ipad or macbook screen?

Find the wireless ipaddress of your pi (it's different to the ipaddress used when connected by etherenet) then point your ipad & macbook browsers to that ipaddress.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b9 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by Peppi View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum trying to find an answer to the following:
    What is the difference between the audio optimized version of picoreplayer and the standard one.

Could someone explain.

Thanks
    Peppi

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hey Peppi,

The optimised version has some tweaks to the tiny core kernel and audio components in the software that reduce latency and some other tricky bits.
    You'd need a particularly good setup and have a DAC that assumes the master clock of the Pi and DAC and resamples the stream into something approaching perfection before you'd hear the differences.
    adding to that is the optimised version has a number of issues/limitations, like doesnt play well with wifi, that make it not suitable for the beginner.
    Stick to the standard version, you wont be disappointed
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ | rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on pCP
    https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by huxmut View Post
    Hey Peppi,

The optimised version has some tweaks to the tiny core kernel and audio components in the software that reduce latency and some other tricky bits.
    You'd need a particularly good setup and have a DAC that assumes the master clock of the Pi and DAC and resamples the stream into something approaching perfection before you'd hear the differences.
    adding to that is the optimised version has a number of issues/limitations, like doesnt play well with wifi, that make it not suitable for the beginner.
    Stick to the standard version, you wont be disappointed
    Make this a sticky!
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b9 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by nuryev View Post
    ... The problem now is that when I disconnect the test setup ie. Ethernet, HDMI keyboard and mouse, and connect the pi3 etc into my stereo, it wont connect with the ipad or macbook. ...
    Glad the first issue is fixed.
    as kidstypike has written, the ethernet and wifi get different IP addresses.
    you'll see them on your router or I use "Fing".
    it will list every device on the network and what address it has.
    I see it is available on apple - https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/fing...430921107?mt=8
    Last edited by huxmut; 2018-12-30 at 04:11.
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ | rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS on pCP

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Make this a sticky!
    Thanks

I've been thinking for a little while now that pCP (on this forum) needs a FAQ type thread for questions like the standard vs optimised version differences, that and the ethernet vs wifi IP one too.
    I know the team did some great work on the help pages, but this forum gets a lot of repeat business too
    Just a thought

as Man in a van has written, the ethernet and wifi get different IP addresses.

Nowt to do wiv me guv'nor

kidstypike gets the kudos

I'll settle for a beer

ronnie

Whoops !

Sorry

edit - get your own beer Ronnie, I probably owe kidstypike though
    Last edited by huxmut; 2018-12-30 at 04:13.

Thanks for the description guys.

If anyone wants to throw a FAQ together in HTML, we can add things to our FAQ page.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Whoops !

Sorry

edit - get your own beer Ronnie, I probably owe kidstypike though

Name:  food-smiley-005.gif
Views: 285
Size:  9.8 KB

ronnie