Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by marflao View Post
    Quick ones:
    i) can insitu be used if LMS is located on a NAS (or has LMS nothing to do with this)?
    ii) in case insitu will be used to which version of pCP will be upgraded (normal or audio optimized)?
    i) LMS has nothing to do with this.
    ii) You have the option to choose at step 3.

Name:  21.23.35.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  71.8 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 4.1.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 4.1.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 4.1.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    i) LMS has nothing to do with this.
    ii) You have the option to choose at step 3.

Name:  21.23.35.jpg
Views: 1413
Size:  71.8 KB
    Many thanks for the swift response. Much appreciated.

Will give it a try.
    Thanks pCP team

I had a brief play earlier today, installing from scratch as my Pi has been temporary repositioned for another use. I had one problem - I couldn’t get an exFAT formatted USB drive to show files when mounted. In addition my NTFS drive was showing double capacity in the web interface when mounted.

I’ll play with it further when I acquire a second Pi - hopefully the parcel will turn up on Monday.

Bluetooth

So I tried the Bluetooth speaker support.
    Quirky but it works, and most importantly it auto-magically reconnects if you cycle the power on your bluetooth device

Quirks;

Built-in Wifi and Bluetooth cannot be on at the same time, YET it allows you to proceed with 'trying' to use Bluetooth without warning or any built-in messages to prevent the inevitable failure. This can and probably will lead to frustrations as people think something is wrong, but just don't happen to check the WiFi tab to turn the internal bluetooth on....only at that moment will you get a message that wifi and bluetooth can not be on at the same time.

Suggestion: Give a message that tells users BTHeadset can not be used when enternal WiFi is enabled...As Soon As they select BTHeadset [if wifi is enabled] don't have to get so smart as to do it only when internal wifi is on. A user will read the message and either stop if they have the enternal wifi on or proceed if they don't.

So next step, get a bluetooth dongle to connect...nope, ain't happening as the RPi won't power it on.

So next next step, get a wifi dongle to connect to wifi and use the internal bluetooth. Great it works! Wifi connected and Bluetooth on. Now power up the bluetooth headset and hit scan. First run, nothing...okay second attempt and it shows up. Select 'pair' and wait, it paired and for some reason disconnected the pairing. Okay, second run, scan again....sees the headset and select pair...boom, done! Works great from that point. Powered off the headset and back on to test, reconnected without a hitch.

Something else I noticed. When/If I return back to USB or some other output, everything resets to factory settings.

Quote Originally Posted by JQW View Post
    I had a brief play earlier today, installing from scratch as my Pi has been temporary repositioned for another use. I had one problem - I couldn’t get an exFAT formatted USB drive to show files when mounted. In addition my NTFS drive was showing double capacity in the web interface when mounted.
    Confirmed, not sure why the fuse kernel module is refusing to automatically load. I'll have to dig into why this broke.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by edwardthern View Post
    So I tried the Bluetooth speaker support.

Built-in Wifi and Bluetooth cannot be on at the same time, YET it allows you to proceed with 'trying' to use Bluetooth without warning or any built-in messages to prevent the inevitable failure. This can and probably will lead to frustrations as people think something is wrong, but just don't happen to check the WiFi tab to turn the internal bluetooth on....only at that moment will you get a message that wifi and bluetooth can not be on at the same time.
    Yes it can....if you use external wifi or use the RPi3B+ on a 5GHz channel, or if you use an usb bluetooth device. There is a message on where to look regarding the internal bluetooth.

Name:  Screenshot from 2018-03-24 23-15-06.png
Views: 1367
Size:  22.8 KB

So next step, get a bluetooth dongle to connect...nope, ain't happening as the RPi won't power it on.
    What external bluetooth did you try. It has to have HCI support. The one I tested works just fine.

Something else I noticed. When/If I return back to USB or some other output, everything resets to factory settings.
    There is alot of things that get modified with bluetooth, some of that is on purpose.

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Yes it can....if you use external wifi or use the RPi3B+ on a 5GHz channel, or if you use an usb bluetooth device. There is a message on where to look regarding the internal bluetooth.

Name:  Screenshot from 2018-03-24 23-15-06.png
Views: 1367
Size:  22.8 KB

What external bluetooth did you try. It has to have HCI support. The one I tested works just fine.

There is alot of things that get modified with bluetooth, some of that is on purpose.

Your post seems very defensive. My post was not meant to be an attack.

Thank you for your comments.

Your post seems very defensive. My post was not meant to be an attack.

Thank you for your comments.
    Im sure you appreciate Pauls hard work giving us bluetooth. So along with your notes and comments perhaps a small thank you is in order ?
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |

Iīm currently a bit stuck.

Insitu didnīt work for me (but this is not 3.5 related, it didnīt work for earlier version, too). Havenīt digged deeper why this doesnīt work hence I flashed the image.
    Filled out "Audio Output device" (USB Audio), saved and filled out the "Output settings" which I then saved, too.

But after a Reboot, Squeezelite doesnīt start again (although it was running before i rebooted).

Not sure what I can do here? Another image flashing?
    Your thoughts are as always much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: flashed another image. Apparently I didnīt choose the "Advanced mode", just the "Basic" hence I did only enter the USB Audio and the output settings.

So squeezelite is running BUT:
    after choosing the "advanced mode" and enter -D in the "Various Options" field (in pPC v2.00 I used this to be able to play dsf files), squeezelite is stopping.
    Once I delete -D squeezelite is running again but then there is no sound when dsf files are played.

Since my Dac (Aune S16) should be able to handle native DSD or DoP I assume I need to change something else somewhere else in the Squeezelite settings, or?

Question from my side is where?
    Last edited by marflao; 2018-03-25 at 01:51.

Please report the content of the config.cfg file - you can see the content on the "About" page.
    I would also help if you could provide us with the content in the marked red square.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Please donate if you like piCorePlayer