Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jbraveman View Post
    I have multiple pi's running picoreplayer 3.2 and have had this problem in the past. I'm currently trying to setup a new pi3 model B with a Hifiberry DAC+ with a 5v 2.5A power adapter (canakit). LMS is running on a dedicated windows 10 machine and player is connected via ethernet. After I flash the microSD card with 3.5 (and I've tried 3.22 and 3.2) I am able to access the GUI and change to the hifiberry dac as audio. The player reboots quickly. After I change the settings in squeezelite -- changing the name of the player and putting in the lms address, I can no longer get back into the gui after a reboot or restart. I should say the sometimes the pages do load, but it takes 5-10 minutes or longer. I have unplugged and replugged the device. The player is visible on LMS and does play music. I have tried to access the setup menu via putty. When I type in the picoreplayer command after logging in I get the error message "tc@piCorePlayer:~$ -sh: picoreplayer: not found".

Any idea why this is happening? Last time I think it was related to a weak power adapter.
    How do I access the setup options via SSH?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I changed the LMS address from a dyndns address to a regular ip on my local network and this fixed the problem (at least on 3.2). I still would like to know how access the settings menu via the ftp. Thanks.
    hi jbraveman,

I think this is a network (or wifi?) issue. You normally don't need to assign the LMS IP address.

If it initially works, then only change one setting at the time to determine what you are doing wrong and don't do it!

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    I've thought about where to post this and I think this is the correct forum. I have two pCP's. One on a RPI3B and one on a RPI3B+. I don't think this makes any difference, but what do I know. Ill answer that. Nothing.

On the RPI3B, using the command "pcp rand" in the tweaks page of pCP, the player starts playing a random mix of songs when it reboots. The behavior is the same if it's just a reboot or a hard start.

On the RPI3B+, it does not, in either type of start up.

Both are running pCP 3.50 and the latest LMS software. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling "Random Mix" and if it was acting the same on both players/servers I would say it was in the LMS.

Any thoughts on why or how to track it down?

P.S. did notice in the config.cfg file on the SB3B+ that AUTOSTARTLMS="randomplay+tracks". I deleted it in the .cfg file and made sure it wasn't in the backup file. For some reason it comes back. That seems to be the only difference in the two pCP players.

Thanks,

Howard
    Hi Howard,

I am a little confused reading your post so I'll just make a couple of points.

"pcp rand" generates a random playlist for the player. It doesn't need a restart or reboot maybe just a play command. ie. "pcp rand; pcp play". In fact if you shutdown and leave it off for 10 or 15 minutes LMS will forget the player, including the playlist.

"pcp rand" has nothing to do with AUTOSTARTLMS="randomplay+tracks". This feature means the player will generate and play a new random playlist when rebooted.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve. I play random all the time, I don't using use any autostart features. By default, if you are playing a random playlist, and reboot pCP, it will just continue playing the random playlist.

Are you running multiple instances of LMS on your network? This can be very confusing.

Use the web interface for settings as much as possible. Doing it manually only adds to the problem. If you do decide to manual changes you need to do a "backup" to make the changes persistent. Remember that piCorePlayer is mainly in RAM, changes vanish after a reboot unless you backup.

regards
    Greg

Hi Greg,

What I've been trying to do is use a pCP in my car, so the APmode was a god send. But, no matter if you use the LMS settings or the Tweaks, the player will not reboot and start playing a playlist. It always looses the previous playlist I'm assuming because it looses power from the car.

However, what I found from just trying this in the house is it behaves the same way. If APmode is on none of the commands from Tweak or LMS do anything.

I did another post explaining that a little while ago. I may be confusing the matter.

Thanks,

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Hi Howard,

I am a little confused reading your post so I'll just make a couple of points.

"pcp rand" generates a random playlist for the player. It doesn't need a restart or reboot maybe just a play command. ie. "pcp rand; pcp play". In fact if you shutdown and leave it off for 10 or 15 minutes LMS will forget the player, including the playlist.

"pcp rand" has nothing to do with AUTOSTARTLMS="randomplay+tracks". This feature means the player will generate and play a new random playlist when rebooted.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve. I play random all the time, I don't using use any autostart features. By default, if you are playing a random playlist, and reboot pCP, it will just continue playing the random playlist.

Are you running multiple instances of LMS on your network? This can be very confusing.

Use the web interface for settings as much as possible. Doing it manually only adds to the problem. If you do decide to manual changes you need to do a "backup" to make the changes persistent. Remember that piCorePlayer is mainly in RAM, changes vanish after a reboot unless you backup.

regards
    Greg

Arh AP mode. That explains it.

I wasn't keeping track...

Jivelite Visualisations Autostart

Hi pCP Team,
    This might be a question better asked in the Jivelite thread, but i thought I'd start here first. Sorry if i'm in the wrong thread.
    I have a playlist of internet radio stations set to auto start and all is working well there, but I'd love it if the VU meter visualisations page was the default screen.
    I currently have the playlist on the screen as default.
    Is there any little CLI magic that can be added ?
    rPi 3 + rasPi 7" LCD + HiFiBerry DiGi+ | rPi 2 + IQaudio DAC+ |rPi 2 + HiFiBerry DAC+ | Squeeze Box Touch | LMS + XPenology on HP Gen 8 |

Hi Greg,

Was this response for me??

Thanks,

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    Arh AP mode. That explains it.

I wasn't keeping track...

That makes sense, in 3.5.0, the code to pickup the address of the LMS server didn't always work for the local instance. I'm working on this for the next version.....

Your best bet is to hard code the command to the cli.

( echo "12:34:56:78:90 randomplay tracks"; echo exit ) | busybox nc 10.10.10.1 9090 > /dev/null

*Note you need to set the mac address of your player, and the ip address of the server.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by huxmut View Post
    Hi pCP Team,
    This might be a question better asked in the Jivelite thread, but i thought I'd start here first. Sorry if i'm in the wrong thread.
    I have a playlist of internet radio stations set to auto start and all is working well there, but I'd love it if the VU meter visualisations page was the default screen.
    I currently have the playlist on the screen as default.
    Is there any little CLI magic that can be added ?
    You can set it in the jivelite menus.....I forget the path, and I don't have it in front of me right now. If you don't find it, I can look when I get home.

HI Paul,

Sorry, where do I hard code the command?

Thanks for your help on this.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    That makes sense, in 3.5.0, the code to pickup the address of the LMS server didn't always work for the local instance. I'm working on this for the next version.....

Your best bet is to hard code the command to the cli.

( echo "12:34:56:78:90 randomplay tracks"; echo exit ) | busybox nc 10.10.10.1 9090 > /dev/null

*Note you need to set the mac address of your player, and the ip address of the server.

Wherever you are trying to use "pcp rand". Replace it with the above command there. Make sure to check the player mac address and the IP address of the LMS server.