Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Problems getting Bluetooth speaker working

Hi,
    Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I cannot get Bluetooth to work on two RPis - a Model 3 and a Model 3B+ - which makes me think I'm missing something fundamental.

Basically I disable built-in Wi-Fi and enable built-in Bluetooth. No problem. Reboot when done.

But when I go to enable Bluetooth Audio and save/reboot I get Squeezelite not running and when I click Card Control I see BT Controller is Off, Connect Daemon is not running and BT Device is Not Connected. Additionally Show Logs is greyed out.

I've tried wiping the card and starting from scratch with PiCorePlayer 3.5.0 (non audio), but the same problem persists.

It's as if the built-in Bluetooth isn't being switched on or detected - have I missed a fundamental step in the process or is it something deeper?

Many thanks for any advice you can offer me.

Keep losing server connection

System:
    FLAC library / Qobuz streaming on IMac running LMS v7.9
    Raspbery Pi3 / Allo Digione running Picoreplayer v3.5 (with Edimax wifi dongle)
    Ipad used as controller via Squeezepad

Every day I have no problems playing music with this set up.
    Everyday, at some point in late afternoon / evening (I cannot pin the time down) the system loses its link with the server.
    The Imac is internet connected. (Its ethernet cabled to the router with its own internal Wifi off).
    I can access the IP addresses of Picoreplayer, the router, and other equipment.
    I cannot access the IP address of the Imac (eg 192.18.1.111:9000 for LMS
    The RPi shows its power light, the Wifi indicator continues to flash.
    The only solution seems to be a repeated hard reboot of the Pi.

I have tried using (and not) wake on LAN
    I cannot see any sleep settings that would interfere (ie turn the Imac off)
    It makes no sense with the system working fine, and then not, with no changes being made anywhere.

Any clues where to look ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    There were patches to flac for slimserver - these may not be in the version of flac from another repo.
    Good reading from klaus re: slimserver sox binaries vs generic ones from your favourite distro vs self-compiled ones.

https://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.co...-steroids.html

Quote Originally Posted by mcduman View Post
    Good reading from klaus re: slimserver sox binaries vs generic ones from your favourite distro vs self-compiled ones.
    Without the flac patches some functionality will be lost - IIRC transcoding stream will stop after 2hrs30mins.

Nickdanp,

You are missing pressing the install button on on the card control page
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Liffy99,

Which Edimax device are you using? Some of them are a bit finicky. You mention not being able to connect to the lms web interface. What device and how are you trying to connect.

Paul
    Last edited by paul-; 2018-06-13 at 13:52.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Nickdanp,

You are missing pressing the install button on on the card control page
    Hi Paul,
    D'oh - many thanks. As you can probably guess, I never thought to switch the Beta tab on! All set up and paired, although no audio output (but definitely paired and everything running as it should). However, I'm sure I can troubleshoot that on my own.

And thank you for PiCorePlayer - a brilliant and really user-friendly tool.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    For what it is worth, the jsonrpc interface is quite a bit faster.
    In the next release of pCP, we have converted most of our builtin commands to use this interface.
    When I used the jsonrpc PLAYERNAME power off command the player keeps playing but in the web-interface http://LMS-IP:9000 the icon does change to gray to indicate that it is powered off. Am I doing something wrong?

I have no idea what or how you are doing it foxsam. This is really off topic for this thread. I would make a new thread for yourself, explaining in detail what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by nickdanp View Post
    Hi Paul,
    D'oh - many thanks. As you can probably guess, I never thought to switch the Beta tab on! All set up and paired, although no audio output (but definitely paired and everything running as it should). However, I'm sure I can troubleshoot that on my own.

And thank you for PiCorePlayer - a brilliant and really user-friendly tool.
    I need to fix the beta mode thing.....your not the first person hung up on that. What I find on bluetooth, is that sometimes you need to power both devices down.....Start the pCP device, then start the speaker once the system begins to boot. Then check for the other obvious things like volume control.