Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Would love Bluetooth INPUT to piCorePlayer

I see plenty there's been a maturing capability to stream Bluetooth audio *from* the piCorePlayer. But I would love the ability to stream Bluetooth *to* the piCorePlayer from my phone.

I have several piCorePlayers in my home, and I'm adding one to the back yard, wired to a couple of self-powered speakers. I would love the ability to occasionally pair my phone to the piCorePlayer and stream audio from my phone through the piCorePlayer.

Any chance this could be added to piCorePlayer?
    Really, it was like that when I got here.

Good news for you - it already can!
    In pCP 6 choose "streamer" in the Bluetooth page.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Good news for you - it already can!
    In pCP 6 choose "streamer" in the Bluetooth page.
    Thanks! I didn't realize that.

Running pCP 6 on a RPi3B+, I've the enabled the onboard Bluetooth, installed and started up the pCP Bluetooth support, and enabled Streamer for Audio Input under Tweaks.

I set the pCP to be discoverable on the Bluetooth page. I paired my phone with it. Both the phone and the Bluetooth page on the pCP indicate they're successfully paired.

05-14 16:49 EDT INFO ---- Caught Connect signal ----
    05-14 16:49 EDT DEBUG /org/bluealsa/hci0/dev_D4_C9_4B_06_D8_69/a2dpsnk/source
    05-14 16:49 EDT DEBUG HCI:hci0
    05-14 16:49 EDT INFO MAC4:C9:4B:068:69
    05-14 16:49 EDT INFO TRANSPORT:a2dpsnk

But nothing I play on my phone can be heard through the pCP.

You have to think of your Bluetooth source as an internet radio stream and ask LMS to play that stream URL (from the Tweaks page) on one of your LMS players.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    You have to think of your Bluetooth source as an internet radio stream and ask LMS to play that stream URL (from the Tweaks page) on one of your LMS players.
    Tried that. Still no sound.

But I did find while searching through the threads here a reference to a pCP Patch Update. Applied that.

Now I've got my phone streaming directly to the player without having to use the stream in LMS. Cool!
    Last edited by byKnight; 2020-05-14 at 17:17.

Remote Control

Hi! What remote control unite can you recommend to use with piCorePlayer? I prefer one side RCU and something from Aliexpress.

Auto mount USB disk on Pi reboot/start?

Hi all,

Apologies if this is user error/dumb question, but I'm trying to figure out how I can get pCP to automatically refresh the USB mount when it starts.

I've noticed that if I reboot the Pi (it's a Pi4 that I'm using as a LMS server) and then try to play music, it starts to screw up the music DB - i.e. files that are on the disc seem to disappear from the LMS library/can't be played etc.

This results in me having to do a full rescan (remove and add everything) in order to correct things.

I take this to be because the ID/information about the mount point has changed on reboot?

If so, can I get pCP to refresh this automatically on restart?

Thank you...

Please use the appropriate thread....you are not using pCP 3.5.0

Let this thread die.

Your usb device is taking too long to become ready at boot. You need to add some delay. On the extras menu, there is a bootcodes screen. Increase the value of waitusb.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Please use the appropriate thread....you are not using pCP 3.5.0

Let this thread die.

Your usb device is taking too long to become ready at boot. You need to add some delay. On the extras menu, there is a bootcodes screen. Increase the value of waitusb.
    Thank you, that seems to have done the trick - and sincere apologies for posting in an old thread...