Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi cibibikeru,

Adding plugins to LMS is part of LMS, nothing to do with piCorePlayer.

What device is LMS installed?

regards
    Greg
    LMS is part of picoreplayer installed on RPI, I want to send audio from iphone to speakers through RPI. In the meantime, I switched back to volumio, everything works out of the box, maybe Iĺll try picoreplayer some other time, too time consuming for now, thank you very much!

hi cibibikeru,

There are lots of good software packages out there, I am glad you found one that is suitable!

Logitech Media Server (LMS) plugins work the same on all platforms as far as I know.

regards
    Greg
    Last edited by Greg Erskine; 2018-08-09 at 22:38.

Distorted sound when using hdmi out

Hello,
    I've setup piCorePlyer 3.5.0 on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B using standard hdmi output with my Denon AV receiver and have noticed the sound is distorted. I've tried to keep settings default. Is this normal? Do I need an additional card like hifiberry for high quality digital audio out?
    Many thanks

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong thread.
    I'm not sure if this is a picireplayer/jivelite issue or if it is touchscreen related.
    As of recently, i only get a response when selecting either line one or two of the display , tou ching anywhere on lines 3 and below is unresponsive.
    I am on most current picore and using official RPi display.
    Power supply is fine. Never had an issue before. I don't think I have changed any settings.
    Any suggestions or a link if this has been addressed before?

I have had something like this before and it was hardware related. It worked ok with the IR remote I had set up, or from a phone controller but not the screen. To be sure, I booted up the pi with another sd card with Raspbian and the screen was equally hit and miss. Got a new screen and repurposed the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    Apologies if I am posting in the wrong thread.
    I'm not sure if this is a picireplayer/jivelite issue or if it is touchscreen related.
    As of recently, i only get a response when selecting either line one or two of the display , tou ching anywhere on lines 3 and below is unresponsive.
    I am on most current picore and using official RPi display.
    Power supply is fine. Never had an issue before. I don't think I have changed any settings.
    Any suggestions or a link if this has been addressed before?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kingswindsor View Post
    I have had something like this before and it was hardware related. It worked ok with the IR remote I had set up, or from a phone controller but not the screen. To be sure, I booted up the pi with another sd card with Raspbian and the screen was equally hit and miss. Got a new screen and repurposed the old one.
    Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that. Yeah, I can control it from the app or web site. I'll do some more troubleshooting before I buy a new display.

Doing some research, I see that there is an 'overscan' option for the display. I tried using the 'raspi-config' command to check, but I suppose that command is not available on the distro used by piCoreplayer? Any other suggestions to troubleshoot the touchscreen? Again, if this belongs in another thread please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by stereoptic View Post
    Doing some research, I see that there is an 'overscan' option for the display. I tried using the 'raspi-config' command to check, but I suppose that command is not available on the distro used by piCoreplayer? Any other suggestions to troubleshoot the touchscreen? Again, if this belongs in another thread please let me know.
    Overscan is about how the display presents the image, nothing to do with the touchscreen IMHO

If you have tried burning a new SDCard and the PSU etc then it is likely a harware issue.

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting ALL cables to the touchscreen and Pi and while doing so inspecting them for cleanliness and damage ?

Jeff
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLite-X,PiCorePlayer x3
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7.5 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U2 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLite-X
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Overscan is about how the display presents the image, nothing to do with the touchscreen IMHO

If you have tried burning a new SDCard and the PSU etc then it is likely a harware issue.

Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting ALL cables to the touchscreen and Pi and while doing so inspecting them for cleanliness and damage ?

Jeff
    Thanks for that. I've avoided burning a new card, but there is always that option! It's solved other issues before. I've re-seated the ribbon cable to the display board. Some areas of the screen are more responsive than others. Even scrolling is unpredictable.

Disappearing Music and Playlists Folders

I'm setting up a Raspberry PI 3 to be a LMS server and client, and I want to connect an external USB drive with iTunes music files to it. I've got Tidal and JazzRadio.com streaming working.

I configured the USB drive following the "How-to setup Samba and an USB HDD on your piCorePlayer - by nowhinjing" instructions on the picoreplayer site. For some reason, the "music" and "playlist" folders I create using Extfs for Windows disappear. By that I mean, they do not show up in the mnt folder and I cannot see them in the iTunes plugin. When I browse to the //mnt/LMSfiles folder, the only sub-folder showing is slimserver.

I've been using LMS since the Squeezebox Duet days, and have two still going strong - along with another Raspberry PI 3 DAC+ client and a Innous Zenith LMS server and client. I'm having no problem with them! I'm trying to make a small standalone LMS system for my Goddaughter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    --------------------------------------------------
    SB Players: Duet (x2), Raspberry PI DAC (x2), Innous Zenith MK2
    LM Servers: Synology DS216+II, Innous Zenith MK2 Media Streamer
    Amps: Mc MC2600, Pioneer SPEC4, NAD M22 v2
    Pre-Amps: Mc 31v, Soundcraftsman SP 4001, NAD M12
    Speakers: Tannoy 8 dcti, DCM TimeWindow 3, Boston L1000, Polk LC 80i, Riva WAND Festival, Riva WAND Arena (x3)
    Other stuff: Teac X10R Reel-to-Real, Techniques SL-1600MK2 Turntable