Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Results 211 to 218 of 218
  1. #211
    Senior Member kidstypike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brindle
    Posts
    2,513
    Quote Originally Posted by jemhayward View Post
    Just realised I posted this in the old thread, so here I go again:

    I've just build a PiCorePlayer on an old RPi 2 to use as a music player while we are on holiday. I am going to use a 64GB usb stick as my music repository, and run PcP in access point mode and control it from my phone.

    All my music is on the server at home, but there isn't a free USB socket on the server, and it's not easily accessible anyway, so I thought I'd just set up Samba on the PcP and connect my Win2008(Home Server) to the share and push the albums I want onto the stick.

    But I cannot get the windows machine to authorise on the share though the share is visible. I'm sure I've done this before, and it should be simple, surely? I'm obviously doing something stupid, but what?

    The windows machine says network path not found, and / or bad username or password.

    samba by Jem Hayward, on Flickr
    Have you set USB mount, same page higher up than your picture?

    Reboot?

    Name:  mount.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  33.8 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

  2. #212
    Yes, it was something stupid... I'd not mounted the disc - well, I had, but it seems to have got unmounted by accident!

  3. #213
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    LMS development just moved to 7.9.2. Just a reminder if you want to keep getting nighties, you will need to follow this procedure.

    http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/...rade_lms.shtml
    just migrated to 7.9.2 and tidal gives 400 connection error. anybody can replicate the problem?

  4. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by jemhayward View Post
    Yes, it was something stupid... I'd not mounted the disc - well, I had, but it seems to have got unmounted by accident!
    BUT... I've just fitted a larger USB stick, mounted it, and reset the share name, and I cannot authorise from windows or Mac again...

    this time, I've tried everything, and even ssh in ald tried ls /var/log/%m.log which I think is the location of the samba log file, but it says that there is no such file or directory 8-(

    this was supposed to be a time saving exercise!
    Last edited by jemhayward; Today at 05:30.

  5. #215
    Senior Member paul-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,128
    Quote Originally Posted by jemhayward View Post
    BUT... I've just fitted a larger USB stick, mounted it, and reset the share name, and I cannot authorise from windows or Mac again...

    this time, I've tried everything, and even ssh in ald tried ls /var/log/%m.log which I think is the location of the samba log file, but it says that there is no such file or directory 8-(

    this was supposed to be a time saving exercise!
    Lol.....mixing Unix and windows machines is not always eazy. What format is the usb stick? Fat32 works best for music storage. Ntfs works too, but you can run into Unix permission issues.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

    Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

  6. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Lol.....mixing Unix and windows machines is not always eazy. What format is the usb stick? Fat32 works best for music storage. Ntfs works too, but you can run into Unix permission issues.
    I started with FAT but when that didn't work, I went to NTFS, and got it to work on the 8GB stick, but not on the 64GB, which I also formatted to NTFS.

    I've removed a USB backup disk from my server, and have plugged the stick into the server and I am now transferring the files that way, but on principle, I'd like to get the samba stuff working, so I can update the stick later...

  7. #217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    2,129
    Quote Originally Posted by jemhayward View Post
    I started with FAT but when that didn't work, I went to NTFS, and got it to work on the 8GB stick, but not on the 64GB, which I also formatted to NTFS.

    I've removed a USB backup disk from my server, and have plugged the stick into the server and I am now transferring the files that way, but on principle, I'd like to get the samba stuff working, so I can update the stick later...
    Jem,

    Earlier this year I tested a pCP set up with Samba.

    It did work (I had to try the configuration routine about three times or so before I did everything in the correct order ).

    But don't hold your breath whilst waiting

    Ronnie

  8. #218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    2,129
    Just like to thank the team for the ability to use the Wolfson/Cirrus Logic Audio Card.

    The set-up is a lot simpler than using the standard Squeezelite package

    Ronnie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •