Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by jemhayward View Post
    Just realised I posted this in the old thread, so here I go again:

I've just build a PiCorePlayer on an old RPi 2 to use as a music player while we are on holiday. I am going to use a 64GB usb stick as my music repository, and run PcP in access point mode and control it from my phone.

All my music is on the server at home, but there isn't a free USB socket on the server, and it's not easily accessible anyway, so I thought I'd just set up Samba on the PcP and connect my Win2008(Home Server) to the share and push the albums I want onto the stick.

But I cannot get the windows machine to authorise on the share though the share is visible. I'm sure I've done this before, and it should be simple, surely? I'm obviously doing something stupid, but what?

The windows machine says network path not found, and / or bad username or password.

samba by Jem Hayward, on Flickr
    Have you set USB mount, same page higher up than your picture?

Reboot?

Name:  mount.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  33.8 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Yes, it was something stupid... I'd not mounted the disc - well, I had, but it seems to have got unmounted by accident!

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    LMS development just moved to 7.9.2. Just a reminder if you want to keep getting nighties, you will need to follow this procedure.

http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/...rade_lms.shtml
    just migrated to 7.9.2 and tidal gives 400 connection error. anybody can replicate the problem?

Yes, it was something stupid... I'd not mounted the disc - well, I had, but it seems to have got unmounted by accident!
    BUT... I've just fitted a larger USB stick, mounted it, and reset the share name, and I cannot authorise from windows or Mac again...

this time, I've tried everything, and even ssh in ald tried ls /var/log/%m.log which I think is the location of the samba log file, but it says that there is no such file or directory 8-(

this was supposed to be a time saving exercise!
    Last edited by jemhayward; Today at 05:30.

BUT... I've just fitted a larger USB stick, mounted it, and reset the share name, and I cannot authorise from windows or Mac again...

this time, I've tried everything, and even ssh in ald tried ls /var/log/%m.log which I think is the location of the samba log file, but it says that there is no such file or directory 8-(

this was supposed to be a time saving exercise!
    Lol.....mixing Unix and windows machines is not always eazy. What format is the usb stick? Fat32 works best for music storage. Ntfs works too, but you can run into Unix permission issues.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Lol.....mixing Unix and windows machines is not always eazy. What format is the usb stick? Fat32 works best for music storage. Ntfs works too, but you can run into Unix permission issues.
    I started with FAT but when that didn't work, I went to NTFS, and got it to work on the 8GB stick, but not on the 64GB, which I also formatted to NTFS.

I've removed a USB backup disk from my server, and have plugged the stick into the server and I am now transferring the files that way, but on principle, I'd like to get the samba stuff working, so I can update the stick later...

I started with FAT but when that didn't work, I went to NTFS, and got it to work on the 8GB stick, but not on the 64GB, which I also formatted to NTFS.

I've removed a USB backup disk from my server, and have plugged the stick into the server and I am now transferring the files that way, but on principle, I'd like to get the samba stuff working, so I can update the stick later...
    Jem,

Earlier this year I tested a pCP set up with Samba.

It did work (I had to try the configuration routine about three times or so before I did everything in the correct order ).

But don't hold your breath whilst waiting

Ronnie

Just like to thank the team for the ability to use the Wolfson/Cirrus Logic Audio Card.

The set-up is a lot simpler than using the standard Squeezelite package

Ronnie