Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    I'm not sure how that is the case, If the player was already "On" would that affect the alarm and the other timers ? If not I don't see how turning them on before an alarm affects them either ?
    It's just it took a long time to get alarm code which most users didn't complain about - so most developers don't want to go near it even for the smallest change.

I have found an extremely inelegant way to do it;

I run

Code:
    (echo "b8:27:eb:xx:xx:xx power 1"; sleep 1; echo "exit") | nc localhost 9090
    via cron a minute or two before the alarm is due.

How easy is it write plugins ?

Jeff

Edit:- Its so inelegant I feel dirty
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2018-03-04 at 11:48.
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

And you could script the play action and script the volume ramp up too. Writing a plugin you'd need to learn some perl.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Simple: set a silent alarm two minutes before the real one...
    This does not work, player stops after first alarm and does not start the second concurrent one

Jeff
    I believe this is inaccurate.
    I think what happens is the second alarm triggers in the server while the 1st one is still running. When this happens, the 2nd alarm has the effect of stopping the running one.

So the quite inelegant but, I think, effective solution is to pile up 3 alarms:
    1- Silent at t-3
    2- False start at t-1
    3- Real alarm at t0
    (perhaps t-2, t0 and t0 would also work, I'm not sure)

I have no doubt the alarm function is very complicated, as bpa mentions.

Recently I needed an alarm launched from cron and not from LMS, I used the squeezy perl CLI in a shell script. The script was a bit complicated but I managed to regroup players and make them fade-in over 5 minutes by directly stepping the volume controls, all via the LMS CLI. A plugin would have been better, of course.
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.