Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alarm Feature request

In my system I use several different methods of "powering up" amplifiers connected to squeeze devices, all of these work on the "Power" state of the players.

The problem I'm having is that I now have a valve (tube) power amplifier for my bedroom system this takes nearly a minute to warm up after power on this gives me two problems:-
    The volume has ramped up quite a bit in the time the amp has taken to warm up and is loud and very distorted (due to the valves not being warm enough).

I have the same problem (to a far less extent) with my solid state amps which take a couple of seconds to un mute after power on

Is it possible to modify the alarm plugin to have a setting to switch player "power" on x seconds before the alarm is triggered ?

A time of 0 (or 1) to maybe 300 or 600 seconds to allow for some stabilization of amp parameters (whether SS or valve)

So there is no confusion when I say "Power" I mean the equivalent of clicking the power button Name:  2018-03-04 12_37_19-Squeezelite-X.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  2.8 KB in the Web GUI

Thanks
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezeLiteX,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: Latest Nightly on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups
    Remotes: iPeng9/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite/SqueezeLiteX
    Music: 522GB,1660 albums with 23087 songs by 5204 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Simple: set a silent alarm two minutes before the real one...

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post

Thanks Matt

I think tried that and it didn't work, can't remember why, I'll try again.

But is rather inelegant having to have two alarms for every one

Jeff
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud/Spotty/Player Groups

It's inelegant, but it's an astonishingly specific requirement to support inelegantly slow to start amplifiers too.

You could also use a single alarm but add a two minute silent track to the playlist that gets loaded when it starts.

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0

It's inelegant, but it's an astonishingly specific requirement to support inelegantly slow to start amplifiers too.

You could also use a single alarm but add a two minute silent track to the playlist that gets loaded when it starts.

It is specific but then so was the request for a power control extension in squeezlite, but its there now and lots of people use it.
    BTW Its not the amplifier that's inelegantly slow its the physics that's inelegantly slow.
    If it is a simple "one line of code" then specific or not it removes the inelegance.

I have now tried both suggestions:-

This does not work, you lose the fade in

This does not work, player stops after first alarm and does not start the second concurrent one

Jeff

I guess you could always create a track with two minute silence then a fade in... (getting increasingly obtuse here..)

--

I guess you could always create a track with two minute silence then a fade in... (getting increasingly obtuse here..)

I'm not sure how you would create a fade in to BBCiPlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    It is specific but then so was the request for a power control extension in squeezlite, but its there now and lots of people use it.
    BTW Its not the amplifier that's inelegantly slow its the physics that's inelegantly slow.
    If it is a simple "one line of code" then specific or not it removes the inelegance.
    Changes to squeezelite was limited and optionbal.

Changes to LMS code will affect all LMS users and the alarm code is so messy all developers would prefer not to touch it.

edit:
    For example, there are already timers to deal with delays in internet stations starting to play alarm so to add another timer would be asking for trouble.
    Last edited by bpa; 2018-03-04 at 10:48.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Changes to squeezelite was limited and optionbal.

Changes to LMS code will affect all LMS users and the alarm code is so messy all developers would prefer not to touch it.

edit:
    For example, there are already timers to deal with delays in internet stations starting to play alarm so to add another timer would be asking for trouble.
    I'm not sure how that is the case, If the player was already "On" would that affect the alarm and the other timers ? If not I don't see how turning them on before an alarm affects them either ?

Edit:- Although I can see that the Alarm code does not work as one would expect, if it did Matts suggestion should/would work
    Last edited by Jeff07971; 2018-03-04 at 10:56. Reason: Added Caveat