Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Yes it can, Sdiesel77 used a USB FLirc becuase he did not want to do any soldering etc.

Its done in a different way though, using lirc in PiCoreplayer

EDIT: Its done with an IR Receiver though

Jeff
    FYI - adding an IR receiver via GPIO pins to RPi does not necessarily need soldering (assuming it is not a headerless RPi Zero).
    I have done a couple just using push-on cables.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Great, thnx!
    SqueezeBoxes: 1x Transporter (Living room) 1x SB2 (shed), 1x Radio (Kitchen), 1x Boom (Dining room), 1x piCorePlayer (jacuzzi), 1x piCorePlayer (Garden) 1x OSMC + Squeezelite (Movie room), 1x Touch (Study 2), few spare unit's (SB2, SB3, Boom, Touch)
    Server: LMS on Pi3B+ 8.1.2 on PcP 7.0.1
    Network: Draytek, Netgear Smart Switch 24p, Ubiquiti PoE, 3x Ubiquity

Quote Originally Posted by sdiesel77 View Post
    Exact. On my new config, I replaced pop up menu remote button by Favourites on the same button.
    And changes Stop on mute button by Pause
    Flirc arrived, all done, no problems, easy when you know how, thanks to all.

I programmed the Flirc with my Squeezebox Touch remote, as it was actually designed for the jivelite interface. Now I can control my pCP/LMS with any SB remote I choose (I have a few).

It works perfectly from where I need to operate it without having it on the end of a USB extension lead.

I've cancelled the JustBoom remote, I don't need it now, and it doesn't have enough buttons for me.
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi4/pCP 8.0.0/Topping E30 DAC/Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 8.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP/Bluetooth/Echo Show 8
    Garage - DAC32 > Edifier speakers

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB Radio. 1xSB3, 6xRPi

I've got a Chord Qute EX, I currently have it on a j1900 based fanless system running Daphile, could not be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by sdiesel77 View Post
    To program the FLIRC IR USB receiver, here are the steps to follow:
    • Go to your computer and go to https://flirc.tv/downloads
    • Download the version of FLIRC programing software depending on your OS
    • Launch the software
    • Plug the FLIRC into a USB port of your computer (wait for the computer to install the drivers if necessary)
    • In the FLIRC software, click on FILE and CLEAR Configuration
    • CLick on the Controllers Tab and select Full Keyboard
    • Take your JusBoom IR Remote and start programming as follow: (pls make sure to respect capital format)

Remote Key To Press --- Virtual Full Keyboard Key to press
    Power Button ----------------------------- Q
    Home ------------------------------------- [
    MUTE ------------------------------------ C
    UP ------------------------------------ Up Arrow
    Left ----------------------------------- Left Arrow
    OK ------------------------------------ l (this is a small L)
    Right --------------------------------- Right Arrow
    Down --------------------------------- Down Arrow
    Menu ------------------------------------ A
    Back ------------------------------------ Esc
    Vol Down --------------------------------- - (this is minus sign)
    Vol Up ------------------------------------ + (this is plus sign)

• Next step is to click on FILE in your FLIRC software and SAVE configuration in order to save the program file (wherever you want) if one day you want to reprogram the remote
    • Close the FLIRC software and open the NotePad on your computer
    • Click into the notepad in order to see the cursor flashing
    • Take your JustBoom remote, aim at the IR USB receiver
    • Start testing the remote by pressing Mute or volume + or - button
    • It should write in the notepad the command (ie: C or +)
    • Check that you entered correctly all the commands
    • Remove the USB receiver from the computer and insert it into the PCP player
    • You should be all set
    I've bought a Flirc USB dongle to enable me to control my piCorePlayer using the original remote controls that came with the Logitech Squeezebox Touch and also the little 13-button remote that came with the Squeezebox Radio accessory pack. I don't have a clue how to set it up in my PC with the Flirc software. Anyone using either of these two Squeezebox infrared remotes that can provide advice, or - ideally - the configuration files so I can just load one or both straight into the Flirc software on my PC?

Thanks

Andy
    • Synology D218+ running LMS 8.1.1 in Docker container
    • 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox Receiver, Squeeze Player & Squeeze Ctrl apps on Galaxy Tab S5e & Galaxy A40
    • Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB (with 7" Touchscreen in case & Flirc USB IR dongle) & Pi 4B 8GB in Flirc case, both running piCorePlayer 8.0.0 & LMS 8.1.1, connecting over Wi-fi to DS218+, or LMS library copy on 2TB USB hard drive plugged into Pi when no Wi-fi available
    • LMS library of ALAC, ACC/M4A and MP3 files

Quote Originally Posted by AndyTwizzle View Post
    I've bought a Flirc USB dongle to enable me to control my piCorePlayer using the original remote controls that came with the Logitech Squeezebox Touch and also the little 13-button remote that came with the Squeezebox Radio accessory pack. I don't have a clue how to set it up in my PC with the Flirc software. Anyone using either of these two Squeezebox infrared remotes that can provide advice, or - ideally - the configuration files so I can just load one or both straight into the Flirc software on my PC?

Thanks

Andy
    Dropbox link to the config file I exported when I set my Flirc dongle up using an SB Touch remote.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmpp9rkbpf...nfig.fcfg?dl=0
    Server - LMS 8.3.0 Pi4B 4GB/Argon one case/pCP 8.0.0 - 75K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Dropbox link to the config file I exported when I set my Flirc dongle up using an SB Touch remote.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmpp9rkbpf...nfig.fcfg?dl=0
    Brilliant - many thanks for that. I understood the gist of how to do it from this post, but I was thinking it didn't work because a few of the buttons on my Squeezebox Touch remote have got slightly perished/sticky and don't actually work any more, or are very hard to push - so I couldn't push them to program them! Just tried this out with my Squeezebox Touch and the smaller Squeezebox Radio accessory pack remote, and they work as expected (apart my the buttons I either have to push really hard, or that don't work any more)!

Many thanks, much appreciated!

Andy
    • 1 x Squeezebox Touch, 2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 x Squeezebox Receiver, Squeeze Player & Squeeze Ctrl apps on Galaxy Tab S5e & Galaxy A40
    • Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB (with 7" Touchscreen in case & Flirc USB IR dongle) & Pi 4B 8GB in Flirc case, both running piCorePlayer 8.0.0 & LMS 8.1.1, connecting over Wi-fi to DS218+, or LMS library copy on 2TB USB hard drive plugged into Pi when no Wi-fi available

Brilliant - many thanks for that. I understood the gist of how to do it from this post, but I was thinking it didn't work because a few of the buttons on my Squeezebox Touch remote have got slightly perished/sticky and don't actually work any more, or are very hard to push - so I couldn't push them to program them! Just tried this out with my Squeezebox Touch and the smaller Squeezebox Radio accessory pack remote, and they work as expected (apart my the buttons I either have to push really hard, or that don't work any more)!

Many thanks, much appreciated!

Andy
    That's great - happy that it worked for you.

Following on from this, the Flirc USB IR dongle works perfectly on my piCorePlayer with touchscreen in a case, but when moving the dongle to another piCorePlayer in the Raspberry Pi 4 Flirc case (no touchscreen, but using same Logitech Squeezebox remote), it doesn't work. I assume the Flirc USB IR interacts directly with Jivelite as opposed to Squeezelite or piCorePlayer itself?

Both piCorePlayers have identical settings. Any idea why it works in one and not the other?

Thanks

Following on from this, the Flirc USB IR dongle works perfectly on my piCorePlayer with touchscreen in a case, but when moving the dongle to another piCorePlayer in the Raspberry Pi 4 Flirc case (no touchscreen, but using same Logitech Squeezebox remote), it doesn't work. I assume the Flirc USB IR interacts directly with Jivelite as opposed to Squeezelite or piCorePlayer itself?

Both piCorePlayers have identical settings. Any idea why it works in one and not the other?

Thanks
    Well yes of course, you need Jivelite / screen.