Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Receiver has Died

Have had issues for a few days with receiver, the colour led kept changing colour, and when trying to play a track it produces strange noises for a few seconds then silence. I kept repowering the controller which only brought on the same cycle as above. So i pulled the power lead to the receiver for a few minutes hoping it would reset but now its dead, no colour leds at all. I have tested the power supply which is fine, outputting a steady 9.1v and when the power lead is in the receiver you can see red lights behind the optical port so I reckon power is not the problem. Have read other posts and tried to reset the receiver by holding down the front button before powering on but nothing produces and led response. Have you got any suggestions or had experience of similar issues?

What happens if you pull the wifi card and apply power while holding the front button?
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    What happens if you pull the wifi card and apply power while holding the front button?
    I have not taken the receiver apart yet, I guess you have to lever open the top to access the wifi card?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSix View Post
    I have not taken the receiver apart yet, I guess you have to lever open the top to access the wifi card?
    No - peel back rubber foot at corners carefully and then unscrew

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03D_RtV7u90

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    No - peel back rubber foot at corners carefully and then unscrew

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03D_RtV7u90
    Thanks, I will give it a try at the weekend