Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Help!

Help!

Apologies if this has been discussed before but I'm struggling big time. Until today I was able to access radio services on my SB radio and Touches via LMS hosted on my ReadyNas 212. Today I can't, (I get a 'failure to resolve IP address message) and the reason has to be that I've swapped ISP from Sky to PlusNet. The gateway IP is different on the new router and I've configured this on the ReadyNas but without success. Is there a DNS setting anywhere in LMS that I have to change as well (because I can't find it if there is!) ? Also, I am able to stream music from the server to my SB devices with wireless but can't get Ethernet to work.

Any ideas/help would be very greatly appreciated.

Phil

Maybe a hint here:
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...ireless-router

If LMS is reporting the expected server IP address, I'd probably try a hardware reset on my Squeezebox devices:
    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/16372
    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/article/13945
    Last edited by Apesbrain; 2018-03-01 at 08:35.

Phil, I have been a Plusnet user for a few years and have never had a problem.

I have a Qnap NAS which has always transferred without a problem, but have no experience of any ReadyNas stuff.

I have also used several different IP provided routers, as well as ones I have purchased.

When changing router I always first disconnect the old one from the internet and then power everything down correctly.

Swap the router, attach and plug in your computer and configure the new as appropriate (if it's provided by the ISP you will have little to do).

Then switch on each device one by one and check that it is running.

You may just have to be patient for a few hours if things aren't where you expect them

As a temporary measure install an LMS instance on your computer and connect to that from each of your players.

Ronnie

Edit: keep everything Ethernet to start with, if you can, especially the NAS with LMS.
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2018-03-01 at 08:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodeth View Post
    Apologies if this has been discussed before but I'm struggling big time. Until today I was able to access radio services on my SB radio and Touches via LMS hosted on my ReadyNas 212. Today I can't, (I get a 'failure to resolve IP address message) and the reason has to be that I've swapped ISP from Sky to PlusNet. The gateway IP is different on the new router and I've configured this on the ReadyNas but without success. Is there a DNS setting anywhere in LMS that I have to change as well (because I can't find it if there is!) ? Also, I am able to stream music from the server to my SB devices with wireless but can't get Ethernet to work.

Any ideas/help would be very greatly appreciated.

Phil
    LMS will use the DNS servers as specified in ReadyNAS.
    If they currently point to your router try changing to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 (Google's public DNS servers).
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Thanks for all your advice. I've now got the Ethernet connection sorted but I'm still getting 'cannot resolve IP address' error message when attempting to contact the outside world via the server. I've ensured that the ReadyNas has the correct gateway IP address (i.e. the address of the router). I'm wondering whether I should uninstall and reinstall LMS on the NAS as perhaps somewhere in the server it is holding onto the previous gateway IP address.

Before uninstalling anything, try just stopping & restarting only LMS.

I've tried everything I can think of other than to disconnect everything, from the router onwards, and then reconnect. Although there does not appear to be any IP conflicts within the network as far as I can see, I can only assume there is one somewhere. The only other possibility is some sort of conflict between the new router and the ReadyNas as everything was working fine on the previous router.

Will let you know...

So I've stripped back everything and started again. To no avail. I'm now convinced it is some sort of clash between the NAS and the new router. I need to think about my next step...

Failure to resolve IP address error is either

1) no route to your DNS servers
    2) no route to the Internet

It is undoubtedly the network settings on the ReadyNAS that are at fault if other machines on your network work correctly.

I haven't used a ReadyNAs for years but isn't there a "ping" tool in its web GUI ?
    VB2.4 storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

It's sorted. I switched the Ethernet connection from the router to the spare port on the NAS and I'm now back to internet radio! I saw this solution hinted at on a Netgear forum. I'm not sure I could explain the solution technically but I'm just happy it worked. Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond.

Phil