Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Issue: authentication is required to access logitech media server

Everything was working fine, then the other day I went to use the LMS control panel and it wanted me to login. Pup-up box said 'Authentication is required to access logitech media server". It's never asked for that before. Tried windows login username and pass but that wasn't it. Also, rebooted pc, and installed a newer version (7.9.1-1519287262) but neither set things right.

Server is still running and I can play music from the SB interface, just can't get to things on pc or iPeng on iPad and iPhone. They all ask me for username and password.

I'd guess there is a method to do a clean install or is there a settings file I can delete to reset things?

Thanks!

Name:  squeeze-issue.PNG
Views: 258
Size:  99.5 KB

Someone locked your LMS? Is it open to the internet by any chance..?

You can remove the password from the Prefs file but do be aware that teenies are sweeping the net looking for LMS instances to play with so don't leave it out there.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post

You can remove the password from the Prefs file but do be aware that teenies are sweeping the net looking for LMS instances to play with so don't leave it out there.

I didn't set up anything for internet access; just did a standard install a few months back on this pc. Unless it does so by default, I'd think this is another issue. Thanks for the quick suggestions!

Issue: authentication is requiredto access logitech media server

> Everything was working fine, then the other day I went to use the LMS
    > control panel and it wanted me to login. Pup-up box said
    > 'Authentication is required to access logitech media server". It's
    > never asked for that before. Tried windows login username and pass but
    > that wasn't it. Also, rebooted pc, and installed a newer version
    > (7.9.1-1519287262) but neither set things right.

Could you please check your network configuration on that computer? What
    would "ipconfig" tell us?

--

Michael

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post

I removed the lines Username and Authorize from server.prefs and restarted LMS and was able to get in. Then added a new username and password to protect from unauthorized access, since I was unaware that's a thing. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidson View Post
    I didn't set up anything for internet access; just did a standard install a few months back on this pc. Unless it does so by default, I'd think this is another issue. Thanks for the quick suggestions!
    Well someone set a password so if it wasn't someone outside your network it must have been someone inside it..

--
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..