Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    118

    Lame

    Wonderful, thank you. All working well now.
    Rock 64, 1Gb DRAM, Open Media Vault (OMV)/Debian 4.1.19-1 (Arrakis), Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1571644358

    Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,631
    Seeing a post on another thread I thought to try this today, referencing post #2 from drmatt and post #1 from mrw, certainly went along quickly on a rpi4b Rasppberry PI OS Desktop
    Code:
    login as: pi
    pi@192.168.1.112's password:
    Linux raspberrypi 5.4.51-v7+ #1333 SMP Mon Aug 10 16:45:19 BST 2020 armv7l
    
    The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
    the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
    individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
    
    Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
    permitted by applicable law.
    Last login: Wed Oct 14 17:37:41 2020
    
    SSH is enabled and the default password for the 'pi' user has not been changed.
    This is a security risk - please login as the 'pi' user and type 'passwd' to set                                                                                                              a new password.
    
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ apt -v
    apt 1.8.2.1 (armhf)
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt update
    Hit:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
    Hit:2 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    All packages are up to date.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/1e096f0d207f20f824180c1b2017aaa28a7905b0/logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb                                --2020-10-14 17:39:32--  http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/1e096f0d207f20f824180c1b2017aaa28a7905b0/logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb
    Resolving downloads.slimdevices.com (downloads.slimdevices.com)... 99.86.249.135, 99.86.249.7, 99.86.249.26, ...
    Connecting to downloads.slimdevices.com (downloads.slimdevices.com)|99.86.249.135|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 49441808 (47M)
    Saving to: 'logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb'
    
    logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb    100%[====================================================================================================>]  47.15M  4.11MB/s    in 11s
    
    2020-10-14 17:39:43 (4.32 MB/s) - 'logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb' saved [49441808/49441808]
    
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install ./logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb.dpkg                                                                                                      Reading package lists... Done
    E: Unsupported file ./logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb.dpkg given on commandline
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install ./logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Note, selecting 'logitechmediaserver' instead of './logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb'
    The following additional packages will be installed:
      libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-libidn-perl libnet-ssleay-perl perl-openssl-defaults
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-libidn-perl libnet-ssleay-perl logitechmediaserver perl-openssl-defaults
    0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 518 kB/50.0 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 167 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
    Get:1 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf perl-openssl-defaults armhf 3 [6,782 B]
    Get:2 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libnet-ssleay-perl armhf 1.85-2+b1 [286 kB]
    Get:3 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libio-socket-ssl-perl all 2.060-3 [207 kB]
    Get:4 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libnet-libidn-perl armhf 0.12.ds-3+b1 [17.5 kB]
    Get:5 /home/pi/logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb logitechmediaserver all 7.9.4~1601565762 [49.4 MB]
    Fetched 518 kB in 5s (107 kB/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package perl-openssl-defaults:armhf.
    (Reading database ... 93806 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../perl-openssl-defaults_3_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking perl-openssl-defaults:armhf (3) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libnet-ssleay-perl.
    Preparing to unpack .../libnet-ssleay-perl_1.85-2+b1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libnet-ssleay-perl (1.85-2+b1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libio-socket-ssl-perl.
    Preparing to unpack .../libio-socket-ssl-perl_2.060-3_all.deb ...
    Unpacking libio-socket-ssl-perl (2.060-3) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libnet-libidn-perl.
    Preparing to unpack .../libnet-libidn-perl_0.12.ds-3+b1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libnet-libidn-perl (0.12.ds-3+b1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package logitechmediaserver.
    Preparing to unpack .../logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb ...
    Unpacking logitechmediaserver (7.9.4~1601565762) ...
    Setting up perl-openssl-defaults:armhf (3) ...
    Setting up libnet-libidn-perl (0.12.ds-3+b1) ...
    Setting up libnet-ssleay-perl (1.85-2+b1) ...
    Setting up libio-socket-ssl-perl (2.060-3) ...
    Setting up logitechmediaserver (7.9.4~1601565762) ...
    Adding system user `squeezeboxserver' (UID 110) ...
    Adding new user `squeezeboxserver' (UID 110) with group `nogroup' ...
    Not creating home directory `/usr/share/squeezeboxserver'.
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
    Processing triggers for systemd (241-7~deb10u4+rpi1) ...
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install lame
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Suggested packages:
      lame-doc
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      lame
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 277 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 344 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf lame armhf 3.100-2+b1 [277 kB]
    Fetched 277 kB in 0s (648 kB/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package lame.
    (Reading database ... 98017 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../lame_3.100-2+b1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking lame (3.100-2+b1) ...
    Setting up lame (3.100-2+b1) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,631
    I still had to add libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl for philippe_44 ShairTune Plugin

    [QUOTE][404 Not Found: plugins/Extensions/settings/plugins/ShairTunes2W/settings/basic.html /QUOTE]

    So not so much of a time saving

    Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt update
    Hit:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
    Hit:2 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    All packages are up to date.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl -y
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    The following additional packages will be installed:
      libcrypt-openssl-bignum-perl libcrypt-openssl-random-perl
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      libcrypt-openssl-bignum-perl libcrypt-openssl-random-perl
      libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl
    0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 59.0 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 212 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libcrypt-openssl                                                                                                             -bignum-perl armhf 0.09-1+b1 [24.0 kB]
    Get:2 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libcrypt-openssl                                                                                                             -random-perl armhf 0.15-1+b1 [10.8 kB]
    Get:3 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libcrypt-openssl                                                                                                             -rsa-perl armhf 0.31-1+b1 [24.2 kB]
    Fetched 59.0 kB in 0s (135 kB/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package libcrypt-openssl-bignum-perl.
    (Reading database ... 98024 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../libcrypt-openssl-bignum-perl_0.09-1+b1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libcrypt-openssl-bignum-perl (0.09-1+b1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libcrypt-openssl-random-perl.
    Preparing to unpack .../libcrypt-openssl-random-perl_0.15-1+b1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libcrypt-openssl-random-perl (0.15-1+b1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl.
    Preparing to unpack .../libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl_0.31-1+b1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl (0.31-1+b1) ...
    Setting up libcrypt-openssl-bignum-perl (0.09-1+b1) ...
    Setting up libcrypt-openssl-random-perl (0.15-1+b1) ...
    Setting up libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl (0.31-1+b1) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo reboot

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    5,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Seeing a post on another thread I thought to try this today, referencing post #2 from drmatt and post #1 from mrw, certainly went along quickly on a rpi4b Rasppberry PI OS Desktop
    Code:
    login as: pi
    pi@192.168.1.112's password:
    Linux raspberrypi 5.4.51-v7+ #1333 SMP Mon Aug 10 16:45:19 BST 2020 armv7l
    
    The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
    the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
    individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.
    
    Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
    permitted by applicable law.
    Last login: Wed Oct 14 17:37:41 2020
    
    SSH is enabled and the default password for the 'pi' user has not been changed.
    This is a security risk - please login as the 'pi' user and type 'passwd' to set                                                                                                              a new password.
    
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ apt -v
    apt 1.8.2.1 (armhf)
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt update
    Hit:1 http://archive.raspberrypi.org/debian buster InRelease
    Hit:2 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster InRelease
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    All packages are up to date.
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ cd
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ wget http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/1e096f0d207f20f824180c1b2017aaa28a7905b0/logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb                                --2020-10-14 17:39:32--  http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/1e096f0d207f20f824180c1b2017aaa28a7905b0/logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb
    Resolving downloads.slimdevices.com (downloads.slimdevices.com)... 99.86.249.135, 99.86.249.7, 99.86.249.26, ...
    Connecting to downloads.slimdevices.com (downloads.slimdevices.com)|99.86.249.135|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 49441808 (47M)
    Saving to: 'logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb'
    
    logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb    100%[====================================================================================================>]  47.15M  4.11MB/s    in 11s
    
    2020-10-14 17:39:43 (4.32 MB/s) - 'logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb' saved [49441808/49441808]
    
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install ./logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb.dpkg                                                                                                      Reading package lists... Done
    E: Unsupported file ./logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb.dpkg given on commandline
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install ./logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Note, selecting 'logitechmediaserver' instead of './logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb'
    The following additional packages will be installed:
      libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-libidn-perl libnet-ssleay-perl perl-openssl-defaults
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      libio-socket-ssl-perl libnet-libidn-perl libnet-ssleay-perl logitechmediaserver perl-openssl-defaults
    0 upgraded, 5 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 518 kB/50.0 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 167 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Y
    Get:1 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf perl-openssl-defaults armhf 3 [6,782 B]
    Get:2 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libnet-ssleay-perl armhf 1.85-2+b1 [286 kB]
    Get:3 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libio-socket-ssl-perl all 2.060-3 [207 kB]
    Get:4 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libnet-libidn-perl armhf 0.12.ds-3+b1 [17.5 kB]
    Get:5 /home/pi/logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb logitechmediaserver all 7.9.4~1601565762 [49.4 MB]
    Fetched 518 kB in 5s (107 kB/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package perl-openssl-defaults:armhf.
    (Reading database ... 93806 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../perl-openssl-defaults_3_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking perl-openssl-defaults:armhf (3) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libnet-ssleay-perl.
    Preparing to unpack .../libnet-ssleay-perl_1.85-2+b1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libnet-ssleay-perl (1.85-2+b1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libio-socket-ssl-perl.
    Preparing to unpack .../libio-socket-ssl-perl_2.060-3_all.deb ...
    Unpacking libio-socket-ssl-perl (2.060-3) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package libnet-libidn-perl.
    Preparing to unpack .../libnet-libidn-perl_0.12.ds-3+b1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking libnet-libidn-perl (0.12.ds-3+b1) ...
    Selecting previously unselected package logitechmediaserver.
    Preparing to unpack .../logitechmediaserver_7.9.4~1601565762_arm.deb ...
    Unpacking logitechmediaserver (7.9.4~1601565762) ...
    Setting up perl-openssl-defaults:armhf (3) ...
    Setting up libnet-libidn-perl (0.12.ds-3+b1) ...
    Setting up libnet-ssleay-perl (1.85-2+b1) ...
    Setting up libio-socket-ssl-perl (2.060-3) ...
    Setting up logitechmediaserver (7.9.4~1601565762) ...
    Adding system user `squeezeboxserver' (UID 110) ...
    Adding new user `squeezeboxserver' (UID 110) with group `nogroup' ...
    Not creating home directory `/usr/share/squeezeboxserver'.
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
    Processing triggers for systemd (241-7~deb10u4+rpi1) ...
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt install lame
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Suggested packages:
      lame-doc
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      lame
    0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 277 kB of archives.
    After this operation, 344 kB of additional disk space will be used.
    Get:1 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf lame armhf 3.100-2+b1 [277 kB]
    Fetched 277 kB in 0s (648 kB/s)
    Selecting previously unselected package lame.
    (Reading database ... 98017 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to unpack .../lame_3.100-2+b1_armhf.deb ...
    Unpacking lame (3.100-2+b1) ...
    Setting up lame (3.100-2+b1) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $
    How did you install LMS when you first installed it on the Pi4? I can't remember what I did but I also can't remember any issues.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    I still had to add libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl for philippe_44 ShairTune Plugin
    It's not actually a dependency of LMS, which is why it never went into the dependency list. And I wasn't using the ShairTune plugin at the time.

    Maybe there's a case for adding the dependency anyway...

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    How did you install LMS when you first installed it on the Pi4? I can't remember what I did but I also can't remember any issues.

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk


    Different ways, it's changed with time, first Squeezeplug which morphed into Max2Play, then using using Gerrelt's way for headless rpi

    http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wo...layer-for-bbq/

    Then, using the instructions from the wiki, or pCP as it matured

    I have mostly now settled on Raspberry PI OS Desktop (without the extras) but sometimes downloading and installing through the Desktop, but I have always had to install the dependencies for philippe_44's plugins

    And a lot of the time just a wget, apt and apt install -f

    It's just for a change

    ronnie

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    It's not actually a dependency of LMS, which is why it never went into the dependency list. And I wasn't using the ShairTune plugin at the time.

    Maybe there's a case for adding the dependency anyway...
    Thanks for the info, I hope you don't think I was offering a critique, the post was only meant as feedback

    ronnie

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •