Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

wake/sleep issues with LMS 7.9.1 on Mac OS 10.13

I have recently updated to Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.3) and installed LMS 7.9.1 but I am experiencing issues with WOL. My SB devices can wake up my iMac from sleep, but after a minute or so Mac OS goes back into "maintenance sleep" and streaming is interrupted. However if I wake the iMac manually e.g. from the keyboard, LMS seems to keep it awake, presumably via the Prevent System Standby plugin? So it seems the plugin works when the Mac wakes "normally" but not when it experiences a "dark wake"

My system power settings are:

standby 1
    Sleep On Power Button 1
    womp 1
    halfdim 1
    hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
    powernap 1
    gpuswitch 2
    autorestart 0
    networkoversleep 0
    disksleep 0
    sleep 0 (sleep prevented by caffeinate)
    autopoweroffdelay 28800
    hibernatemode 0
    autopoweroff 0
    ttyskeepawake 1
    displaysleep 15
    standbydelay 10800

I'm still on 10.12 but I think I had a similar problem long ago.
    Do you have a Kernel flag darkwake=0 in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist?
    I set this flag and I use a customized background script (the app Narcolepsy gave me the idea) to handle sleep on my mac.

Thanks for your helpful suggestions.
    I will try adding the darkwake=0 flag to com.apple.Boot.plist, although this is a bit of a pain these days as this file is protected by System Integrity Protection.
    Narcolepsy is a rather dated app but hopefully it won't be too difficult to handle sleep on the Mac afterwards.

Ok, I thought I'd post this just for future reference or if I forget it myself
    [macOS 10.12 at present]

The contents of my /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist (yours may have more entries)

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
    	<string>darkwake=0</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    I'll PM you the modified Narcolepsy script. It may save you some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    Thanks for your helpful suggestions.
    I will try adding the darkwake=0 flag to com.apple.Boot.plist, although this is a bit of a pain these days as this file is protected by System Integrity Protection.
    Narcolepsy is a rather dated app but hopefully it won't be too difficult to handle sleep on the Mac afterwards.
    Did darkwake=0 work for you over the long term?