Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Charger output polarity and voltage

I have a favor to ask of someone. I need a voltage and polarity measurement of the two pins of the charger. Looking at the front of the controller such that the screen is visible, which pin (left or right) is positive? We no longer have the charger base and thus I dont use the controller much any more, mainly because of great apps on Ipad and Android, but we have new security settings on the router and the squeezebox needs to be "re set up". I cannt find an app that does this setting up. If I knew which pin was positive I could hold a DC power supply on the controller pads to give the controller enough power to do its temporary job.

The right one is positive.
    Itĺs 5V and a USB power supply will do. I know because I changed the connector of my charger to spare me the power supply brick and to just plug it into one of my 5V multi-charger outlets
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by pippin View Post
    The right one is positive.
    Itĺs 5V and a USB power supply will do. I know because I changed the connector of my charger to spare me the power supply brick and to just plug it into one of my 5V multi-charger outlets
    Thanks for the quick reply! Holding a 5V supply on the pads is a great activity to do while watching the olympics.

You can also configure the receiver using the Net::UDAP tool. The windows exe that doesn't require you to install Perl separately can be found here
    http://slim2lirc.myown.mailcan.com/udap_shell_1_0_0.exe
    If you need another platform where you will require Perl can be found from here
    http://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.1 Nightly on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.1 Nightly on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave

The correct cradle plug top PSU (PSM11R-050) is listed as +5 Volt DC @ 2 Amp Max.