Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 772
  1. #751
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Have to look, wait a sec.

    This is partially obsolete (edit: no, it's not), but you could try this.
    I did one year ago, and I guess that led to the mess that sqeezebox server was owner of the music folder and I could't write/add from my PC anymore....?!

  2. #752
    Senior Member dolodobendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by danielvo View Post
    My music is in a normal shared folder (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/mp3)

    Should I use /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/mp3 for scanning in the server prefs or just "/mp3" ?
    Use whatever you see in Settings / Basic Settings when clicking on "Browse". On my system, it's /share/Multimedia/Music

    Quote Originally Posted by danielvo View Post
    I did one year ago, and I guess that led to the mess that sqeezebox server was owner of the music folder and I could't write/add from my PC anymore....?!
    I never wrote about making squeezeboxserver the owner of anything. Playlist files created within squeezebox get the owner of whatever user you specified to run LMS (squeezeboxserver is the default user).

    squeezeboxserver needs RO permission to your music and RW permission to your playlists. And RO permissions to the respective paths leading there.

    And, of course, your Windows user needs RO or RW permissions (depending on what permissions you want to grant) to your music, too, if you want to access it from your PC.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-05-24 at 10:45.
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.20 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

  3. #753
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    38

    Can QLogitechMediaServer run on TS-212P using armv5tel-linux architecture?

    Hello digimaster,

    I am eager to try QLogitechMediaServer (QLMS) on my TS-212P. According to your initial announcement dated 2018-02-11, QLMS can be installed on, among others, systems with arm5te architecture. My TS-212P has armvtel-linux architecture. Does it qualify? ie Is armv5tel-linux a member of the arm5te family or something completely different.


    I am now running LMS Version: 7.7.2 - r33893. It runs fine with occasional connection problems. However, that version has no upgrade path. It was originally downloaded from the QNAP store but it has since been removed.

    I hope QLMS is a solution that works for me. If it does, what flavor of QLMS do I need? TS-ARM-X09 ?

    gc

  4. #754
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    I think you mean ALC for advanced folder permissions.

    Send from my mobile Phone
    Should this plugin (ALC) switched to active when using Advanced Folder Permissions?

  5. #755
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Use whatever you see in Settings / Basic Settings when clicking on "Browse". On my system, it's /share/Multimedia/Music


    squeezeboxserver needs RO permission to your music and RW permission to your playlists. And RO permissions to the respective paths leading there.

    .
    May be that's one reason. I mixed the music and playlist folder, pointing to the same folder.... I'll try to divide this now.

  6. #756
    Senior Member dolodobendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by danielvo View Post
    Should this plugin (ALC) switched to active when using Advanced Folder Permissions?
    Most probably not. Do you have "Support Windows ACL" enabled in your NAS?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielvo View Post
    May be that's one reason. I mixed the music and playlist folder, pointing to the same folder.... I'll try to divide this now.
    I don't think that's the problem here, but it is considered good practice to do so. Example:

    1. /share/Multimedia/Music <- "squeezeboxserver" needs RO permission to the "Music" folder and all subfolders. The owner should be your account (with RW permission).
    2. /share/Multimedia/Playlists <- squeezeboxserver" needs RW permission to the "Playlists" folder. The owner should be your account (with RW permission).

    3. /share/Multimedia <- In QNAP's "Advanced Folder Permissions", "squeezeboxserver" (and your account) needs RW permission to (in this example) the share(!) "Multimedia" (not the subfolders!) The owner is admin.

    Just rewrite ("Apply and replace...") (That's for 1. and 2., use "Add" for 3.) all permissions (Control Panel / Shared folders / Edit Shared Folder Permission) and wait for it to finish. Start with 3(!) !

    Edit: I've edited it the post, now it's possible to start with 1. But it's probably "easier" or "safer" to start with 3.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-05-25 at 12:06. Reason: typo and more precise, I hope
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.20 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

  7. #757
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    21
    Dolodobendan, thank you very much! Works pretty fine so far.

    Vielen Dank nach Braunschweig

  8. #758
    Senior Member dolodobendan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Posts
    1,210
    Quote Originally Posted by danielvo View Post
    Dolodobendan, thank you very much! Works pretty fine so far.

    Vielen Dank nach Braunschweig
    I'm glad to hear that.
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.20 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

  9. #759
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by George_C View Post
    Hello digimaster,

    I am eager to try QLogitechMediaServer (QLMS) on my TS-212P. According to your initial announcement dated 2018-02-11, QLMS can be installed on, among others, systems with arm5te architecture. My TS-212P has armvtel-linux architecture. Does it qualify? ie Is armv5tel-linux a member of the arm5te family or something completely different.


    I am now running LMS Version: 7.7.2 - r33893. It runs fine with occasional connection problems. However, that version has no upgrade path. It was originally downloaded from the QNAP store but it has since been removed.

    I hope QLMS is a solution that works for me. If it does, what flavor of QLMS do I need? TS-ARM-X09 ?

    gc
    You need the Arm-X19 version, which is the one for armv5tel CPUs.

    Send from my mobile Phone

    maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

    Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.


    Thanks for the DONATIONS

  10. #760
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    10

    QLogitecMediaServer stopped working...

    Could someone tell me where to start looking for a solution to an issue please, be it searching site, basics page or whatever. I had QLMS running fine but following either a QNAP update or installing 2.20.00, it ceased to work (February?). I'm an amateur but brave, I'm not sure where to start. Installed via QNAP club, when starting I get "secure connection not supported" (not sure if this is relevant) and going ahead anyway, I get "can't connect to 192....9001". I've been resisting asking since Feb, looked around here a little but... Here I am. Thanks!

    TS-653 Pro
    4.4.2
    4GB ram
    QLogitechMediaServer 2.21.00

    Via Mac, Safari.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •