Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Have to look, wait a sec.

This is partially obsolete (edit: no, it's not), but you could try this.
    I did one year ago, and I guess that led to the mess that sqeezebox server was owner of the music folder and I could't write/add from my PC anymore....?!

Quote Originally Posted by danielvo View Post
    My music is in a normal shared folder (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/mp3)

Should I use /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/mp3 for scanning in the server prefs or just "/mp3" ?
    Use whatever you see in Settings / Basic Settings when clicking on "Browse". On my system, it's /share/Multimedia/Music

I did one year ago, and I guess that led to the mess that sqeezebox server was owner of the music folder and I could't write/add from my PC anymore....?!
    I never wrote about making squeezeboxserver the owner of anything. Playlist files created within squeezebox get the owner of whatever user you specified to run LMS (squeezeboxserver is the default user).

squeezeboxserver needs RO permission to your music and RW permission to your playlists. And RO permissions to the respective paths leading there.

And, of course, your Windows user needs RO or RW permissions (depending on what permissions you want to grant) to your music, too, if you want to access it from your PC.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-05-24 at 10:45.
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.20 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.30.1 / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Can QLogitechMediaServer run on TS-212P using armv5tel-linux architecture?

Hello digimaster,

I am eager to try QLogitechMediaServer (QLMS) on my TS-212P. According to your initial announcement dated 2018-02-11, QLMS can be installed on, among others, systems with arm5te architecture. My TS-212P has armvtel-linux architecture. Does it qualify? ie Is armv5tel-linux a member of the arm5te family or something completely different.

I am now running LMS Version: 7.7.2 - r33893. It runs fine with occasional connection problems. However, that version has no upgrade path. It was originally downloaded from the QNAP store but it has since been removed.

I hope QLMS is a solution that works for me. If it does, what flavor of QLMS do I need? TS-ARM-X09 ?

gc

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    I think you mean ALC for advanced folder permissions.

Send from my mobile Phone
    Should this plugin (ALC) switched to active when using Advanced Folder Permissions?

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Use whatever you see in Settings / Basic Settings when clicking on "Browse". On my system, it's /share/Multimedia/Music

squeezeboxserver needs RO permission to your music and RW permission to your playlists. And RO permissions to the respective paths leading there.

May be that's one reason. I mixed the music and playlist folder, pointing to the same folder.... I'll try to divide this now.

Should this plugin (ALC) switched to active when using Advanced Folder Permissions?
    Most probably not. Do you have "Support Windows ACL" enabled in your NAS?

May be that's one reason. I mixed the music and playlist folder, pointing to the same folder.... I'll try to divide this now.
    I don't think that's the problem here, but it is considered good practice to do so. Example:

1. /share/Multimedia/Music <- "squeezeboxserver" needs RO permission to the "Music" folder and all subfolders. The owner should be your account (with RW permission).
    2. /share/Multimedia/Playlists <- squeezeboxserver" needs RW permission to the "Playlists" folder. The owner should be your account (with RW permission).

3. /share/Multimedia <- In QNAP's "Advanced Folder Permissions", "squeezeboxserver" (and your account) needs RW permission to (in this example) the share(!) "Multimedia" (not the subfolders!) The owner is admin.

Just rewrite ("Apply and replace...") (That's for 1. and 2., use "Add" for 3.) all permissions (Control Panel / Shared folders / Edit Shared Folder Permission) and wait for it to finish. Start with 3(!) !

Edit: I've edited it the post, now it's possible to start with 1. But it's probably "easier" or "safer" to start with 3.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-05-25 at 12:06. Reason: typo and more precise, I hope

Dolodobendan, thank you very much! Works pretty fine so far.

Vielen Dank nach Braunschweig

Dolodobendan, thank you very much! Works pretty fine so far.

Vielen Dank nach Braunschweig
    I'm glad to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by George_C View Post
    Hello digimaster,

I am eager to try QLogitechMediaServer (QLMS) on my TS-212P. According to your initial announcement dated 2018-02-11, QLMS can be installed on, among others, systems with arm5te architecture. My TS-212P has armvtel-linux architecture. Does it qualify? ie Is armv5tel-linux a member of the arm5te family or something completely different.

I am now running LMS Version: 7.7.2 - r33893. It runs fine with occasional connection problems. However, that version has no upgrade path. It was originally downloaded from the QNAP store but it has since been removed.

I hope QLMS is a solution that works for me. If it does, what flavor of QLMS do I need? TS-ARM-X09 ?

gc
    You need the Arm-X19 version, which is the one for armv5tel CPUs.

Send from my mobile Phone

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

QLogitecMediaServer stopped working...

Could someone tell me where to start looking for a solution to an issue please, be it searching site, basics page or whatever. I had QLMS running fine but following either a QNAP update or installing 2.20.00, it ceased to work (February?). I'm an amateur but brave, I'm not sure where to start. Installed via QNAP club, when starting I get "secure connection not supported" (not sure if this is relevant) and going ahead anyway, I get "can't connect to 192....9001". I've been resisting asking since Feb, looked around here a little but... Here I am. Thanks!

TS-653 Pro
    4GB ram
    QLogitechMediaServer 2.21.00

Via Mac, Safari.