Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbite View Post
    Mine doesn┤t update to 8.0 either. No matter what settings i chose for the .QLMS.conf. Then I found the info somewhere here to put a

NIGHTLY=8.0.0 instead of "1" into the .QLMS.conf.

Then it did update to 8.0.0 - 1580340675 successfully.
    System still shows correct
    Perl-Version: 5.28.2 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060

It┤s running a full scan now. This will last for a while. We will see what happens then...
    Okay... Thank you for also confirming that it does run Perl 5.28.

Edit: NIGHTLY=8.0.0 actually did force the update, thank you! This time, LMS uses the correct Perl and Audio::Scan version. Whatever happened there before.
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-01-31 at 07:15.
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.10.06 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    Okay... Thank you for also confirming that it does run Perl 5.28.

Edit: NIGHTLY=8.0.0 actually did force the update, thank you! This time, LMS uses the correct Perl and Audio::Scan version. Whatever happened there before.
    Hmmm the most strangest thing is, there is no official release for 7.93. So why is there a 8.0 nighty?

Send from my mobile Phone

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    Hmmm the most strangest thing is, there is no official release for 7.93. So why is there a 8.0 nighty?

7.9.3 is bug fixes for 7.9.2. 8.0.0 has new features.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

V8 started here https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ce-Integration and it also have a tread in dev section
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 0026.1567524015 @ Wed Sep 4 12:28:40 CEST 2019
    Castbridge with 2 x Harman Kardon Citation One, setup as a stereo pair
    Squeeze Ctrl
    Squeeze Player
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    7.9.3 is bug fixes for 7.9.2. 8.0.0 has new features.

OkÚ if I understand correctly, 7.9.3 will also have nightly releases?

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

OkÚ if I understand correctly, 7.9.3 will also have nightly releases?

From the 7.9.2 release thread

"I've created a 7.9.3 branch, which might see the random bug fix and nightly builds. But I plan to concentrate on a version 8. Let's see what that gives :-)"

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    From the 7.9.2 release thread

"I've created a 7.9.3 branch, which might see the random bug fix and nightly builds. But I plan to concentrate on a version 8. Let's see what that gives :-)"

OkÚ clear, but as I wrote 7.9.3 is still in a nightly build. Gone have a look why it won't do the update to 8.0.0. Normally it should, if the URLs are set correctly.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

================== QLogitechMediaServer version 2.10.05 ================================= 21-02-2020

+ Bug-fix for the 8.0.0 nightly release
    + New options NOMAJOR added in .QLMS.conf, if set/added MAJOR=1 to .QLMS.conf the NIGHTLY update check won't update from 7.9 to 8.0 !
    IMPORTANT 8.0 is a totally new release, running on beta environment. ( Keep in mind not all plugin's are support 8.0.0 )
    Want to go back 7.9.3 or stay on 7.9 Nightly updates, change #NOMAJER=0 to NOMAJOR=1 in .QLMS.conf and restart QLogitechMediaServer.
    ( Can also be done, by doning [ touch .NOMAJOR in the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory ! )
    + If update does a major update, if there is no backup file for it. Will make one after upgraded ! ( example update from 7.9 to 8.0 )
    Downgraded a major release ( 8.0 to 7.9 ), restore settings by ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restore
    * When in .QLMS.conf the USER= was empty, it could crashes LMS on startup ! FIXED
    + When a user is set in .QLMS.conf, it will check is it exist, otherwise uses default user.
    ! Back to the user setup as in 2.04 and lower, there will be no group with the same name !
    This way it work like before, but still the GoogleMusic will work, and one can still set another system user in the config file !
    + There will be a messages in the log file, if it needs to change user in the chroot file-system !
    + In the .QLMS.conf you can included more extra LMS options on the startup cli for LMS.
    + Also in .QLMS.conf now added PREFSDIR=, LOGDIR= and CACHEDIR=, so one can set those to another directory if needed !.
    Uses existing directory, on startup will check if given directory exist. If not uses default !
    + If running and the directory /opt exist, you can easily access the QLogitechMediaServer directory in /opt !
    + Added running/used user info in the output of config !
    + In the config output, now also shows the used startup line when running.
    + In the timer mode, will do a memory cleanup to reclaim unused memory/buffers !

===========================IMPORTANT PLEASE READ IF YOU UPGRADED a existing QLogitechMediaServer installation ! ============================

VERY IMPORTANT on existing installations, the .QLMS.conf will be replaced by default new one. ( Existing/old one, will be renamed to .QLMS.config.old)
    After installation there will not be a update done, so please edit the .QLMS.conf to you're needs.
    After a restart will act normally again, and if set will auto check UPDATE/NIGHTLY again.
    And when NOMAJOR=0 or #NOMAJOR and NIGHTLY=1 in .QLMS.conf, will upgraded to 8.0

================================================== ================================================== ===============================

The link to QLogitechMediaServer 2.10.05

Last edited by digimaster; 2020-02-20 at 07:20.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

================== QLogitechMediaServer version 2.10.05 ================================= 21-02-2020
    No problems here, thank you!

Edit: Oh, wait:

Code:
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9001
    Operating system: QLMS 2.X (QNAP TurboStation) Based on Debian 9 stretch! - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.24.4 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    I saw this when upgrading to 2.10.02, too. I thought maybe I did something wrong back then and reinstalled everything from scratch. That helped. But this QLMS update downgraded Audio::Scan and Perl again.

Two more things:

Could you add an info message when QLMS is downloading a new version? I thought that the latest QLMS crashed today because I didn't expect a new nightly (but then the "installing" info popped up).

What's the difference between stopping and restarting QLMS and restarting LMS using the WebUI (for example when there's a new version for a plugin). I ask because the "Plugin-Update-LMS-Restart" gives me these under certain circumstances (SLX):

Code:
    [20-02-16 20:01:18.6725] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v8.0.0, 1581782928, Sat Feb 15 17:24:24 CET 2020) perl 5.028002 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    [20-02-16 20:01:37.8604] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Error: request should set useIxHashes in Slim::Control::Request->new()
    [20-02-16 20:01:37.8611] Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (2233) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 2233)
       frame 1: Slim::Control::Request::renderAsArray (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Plugin/CLI/Plugin.pm line 697)
       frame 2: Slim::Plugin::CLI::Plugin::cli_request_write (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Plugin/CLI/Plugin.pm line 1010)
       frame 3: Slim::Plugin::CLI::Plugin::cli_subscribe_notification (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 2058)
       frame 4: (eval) (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 2058)
       frame 5: Slim::Control::Request::notify (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 859)
       frame 6: Slim::Control::Request::checkNotifications (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl line 708)
       frame 7: main::idle (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl line 677)
       frame 8: main::main (/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/slimserver.pl line 1210)
    Could that have to do with the Perl version? I think I do not see that with 5.24 but I'll have to investigate further.

Do you use some CLI?
    Last edited by dolodobendan; 2020-02-20 at 16:13. Reason: This and that
    QLMS 8.0.0@2.10.06 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Code:
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9001
    Operating system: QLMS 2.X (QNAP TurboStation) Based on Debian 9 stretch! - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.24.4 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 0.95
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    The perl thing i noticed also, and has to do with na small bug in QLMS.
    Will be solved in next version.

For now if it happens, there is a work around.
    Logon to youre QNap by sh, using for example putty.
    Then change to the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory.
    Then do following command [ rm -r .config/LMSROOT/usr/local/Perl-5.24/ ]. ( If it gives a error, that was not the problem )
    Now restart QLogitechMediaServer. and it will uses perl 5.28 again.
    Last edited by digimaster; 2020-02-21 at 02:14.

Thanks for the DONATIONS