Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
    Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    Thanks, but where does it get the time from if it doesn't use the local time of the nas?

I tried the command, but the time displayed by the custom clock applet didn't change. Maybe the time displayed on the applet comes not from the server, but from some place else..
    Is it possible to check somewhere else what the current time is on the LMS server (in the settings or by command line)?
    That's something I don't know. Then you have to ask the developers of LMS the them self.

I only do the startup script, and the way it runs and try to included libraries and programs LMS needs.

Normally LMS gets the time&date with timezone from the used system/server it's runs on. By using the . NOLOCALTIME it won't get it from the system/server.

If you're talking about a exstion, aplet or plugin, ask them who maded/released it.

Send from my mobile Phone
    Last edited by digimaster; 2019-10-23 at 14:35.

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Unable to clean instal of QLMS

Hi All,
    since last Summer I cannot use Spotty with LMS on my Qnap TS-251+, so I have decided to do a clean install of QLogitechMediaServer.
    I have tried several times (last time on Monday night) the instructions for building QLogitechmediaserver "from scratch" as suggested in this thread---removing \SlimServer folder, etc.
    I do not want to retain my settings, on the contrary...
    To my surprise, when rebuilt, the server always find information somewhere -- login informtion for mysqueezebox, installed plugins, and all and all. Strangely, I access LMS running on port 9000 (not 9001 as assumed in the startup line), and there are "strange things" on the "Informations" page of the LMS. Folders mentioned on that page simply do not exist.
    However, when accessing server.log at the above address (I do not know where it is located, /mnt/state/logs/ does not seem to exist), I find information which does not correspond to the QLogitechMediaServer.log in the /share..../.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer folder. Below is the content of the QLogitechMediaServer.log.err file.

I am quite a bit lost, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Regards, Anatoli

Unable to clean instal of QLMS

Quote Originally Posted by ai1 View Post
    Hi All,
    since last Summer I cannot use Spotty with LMS on my Qnap TS-251+, so I have decided to do a clean install of QLogitechMediaServer. I have tried several times (last time on Monday night) the instructions for building QLogitechmediaserver "from scratch" as suggested in this thread---removing \SlimServer folder, etc.
    I do not want to retain my settings, on the contrary...
    To my surprise, when rebuilt, the server always find information somewhere -- login informtion for mysqueezebox, installed plugins, and all and all. Strangely, I access LMS running on port 9000 (not 9001 as assumed in the startup line), and there are "strange things" on the "Informations" page of the LMS. In fact, folders mentioned on that page simply do not exist. However, when accessing server.log at the above address (I do not know where it is located, /mnt/state/logs/ does not seem to exist), I find information which does not correspond to the QLogitechMediaServer.log in the /share..../.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer folder. Below is the content of the QLogitechMediaServer.log.err file.

I am quite a bit lost, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Regards, Anatoli
    And here is QLogitechMediaServer.log.err:
    ------------------------------------------------
    [QNAP info] :
    QNap Model: TS-251+
    QNap Nas-system Platform: x86_64
    System: x86_64-QNAP-linux-gnu
    QTS Version: 441

[The bash shell] : GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (x86_64-QNAP-linux-gnu)
    Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

[The Qnap configuration] :
    [QPKG Share] /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA
    [Packages Root] /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer
    The [/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] is properly Mounted!
    DiscSpace : /dev/mapper/cachedev1 ext4 3.5T 739.4G 2.8T 21% /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA

[The system mounts]:
    /dev/shm on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/.config/LMSROOT/dev/ shm type none (ro,bind)
    /proc on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/.config/LMSROOT/proc ty pe none (ro,bind)
    /tmp on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/.config/LMSROOT/tmp type none (rw,bind)
    /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/.config /LMSROOT/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA type none (rw,bind)
    /mnt/ext/opt/avahi0630/var/run/dbus on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMedia Server/.config/LMSROOT/run/dbus type none (ro,bind)

[Network check] :
    PING ; qnapclub.eu 37.187.75.121 DIG ; qnapclub.eu 37.187.75.121 Avahi ; qnapc lub.eu 37.187.75.121
    DBus Socket ; available

[Perl check] :
    Perl version [5.28.2], supported arch [x86_64-linux-thread-multi]

The options for [QLogitechMediaServer] :
    The LogitechMediaServer will be/was started by [squeezeboxserver] with [/usr/sbi n/chroot] !
    LogitechMediaServer starts with [-c 2 -n 3] ionice value!
    LogitechMediaServer starts with nice value [-10]!
    LMS will be started with user [squeezeboxserver]!
    Using LMS included audio prgs's !
    Gone clean up [Cache/template] before LogitechMediaServer is started!
    Clean up [Memory], after QLogitechMediaServer has been executed!
    Update Website [http://downloads.slimdevices.com/]!
    [7.9.1] is used to find latest Release!
    Use [Logitech Media Server: Unix Tarball (i386, x86_64, i386 FreeBSD, ARM EABI, PowerPC)] to find latest Nightly updated!.
    Auto update official releases [enabled]!
    Nightly Releases Auto Update [enabled]!
    Auto Update will be set on every [12:00] !
    Backup's of Official/Nightly Releases can be found in [/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qp kg/LogitechMediaServer/Backup/] !
    The installed LMS Release [7.9.2] Nightly Version [1571644358]!

[The LogitechMediaServer used options on startup] :
    [--daemon --httpport 9001 --user squeezeboxserver --pidfile /share/CACHEDEV1_DAT A/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Cache/QLogitechMediaServer.pid --priority -10 --charset utf8 --quiet --noupnp]
    [1] Task's found for squeezeboxserver on :
    [13542]

[Network check in chroot] :
    PING ; qnapclub.eu 37.187.75.121 DIG ; qnapclub.eu 37.187.75.121 Avahi ; qnapc lub.eu 37.187.75.121
    Dbus Socket ; available
    grep: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/prefs/*: No suc h file or directory

QLogitechMediaServer version : [2.10.02]

Quote Originally Posted by ai1 View Post
    And here is QLogitechMediaServer.log.err:
    ------------------------------------------------
    [QNAP info] :
    QNap Model: TS-251+
    QNap Nas-system Platform: x86_64
    System: x86_64-QNAP-linux-gnu
    QTS Version: 441

[The bash shell] : GNU bash, version 3.2.57(1)-release (x86_64-QNAP-linux-gnu)
    Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

[The Qnap configuration] :
    [QPKG Share] /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA
    [Packages Root] /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer
    The [/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] is properly Mounted!
    DiscSpace : /dev/mapper/cachedev1 ext4 3.5T 739.4G 2.8T 21% /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA

[The system mounts]:
    /dev/shm on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/.config/LMSROOT/dev/ shm type none (ro,bind)
    /proc on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/.config/LMSROOT/proc ty pe none (ro,bind)
    /tmp on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/.config/LMSROOT/tmp type none (rw,bind)
    /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/.config /LMSROOT/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA type none (rw,bind)
    /mnt/ext/opt/avahi0630/var/run/dbus on /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMedia Server/.config/LMSROOT/run/dbus type none (ro,bind)

[Network check] :
    DBus Socket ; available

[Perl check] :
    Perl version [5.28.2], supported arch [x86_64-linux-thread-multi]

The options for [QLogitechMediaServer] :
    The LogitechMediaServer will be/was started by [squeezeboxserver] with [/usr/sbi n/chroot] !
    LogitechMediaServer starts with [-c 2 -n 3] ionice value!
    LogitechMediaServer starts with nice value [-10]!
    LMS will be started with user [squeezeboxserver]!
    Using LMS included audio prgs's !
    Gone clean up [Cache/template] before LogitechMediaServer is started!
    Clean up [Memory], after QLogitechMediaServer has been executed!
    Update Website [http://downloads.slimdevices.com/]!
    [7.9.1] is used to find latest Release!
    Use [Logitech Media Server: Unix Tarball (i386, x86_64, i386 FreeBSD, ARM EABI, PowerPC)] to find latest Nightly updated!.
    Auto update official releases [enabled]!
    Nightly Releases Auto Update [enabled]!
    Auto Update will be set on every [12:00] !
    Backup's of Official/Nightly Releases can be found in [/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qp kg/LogitechMediaServer/Backup/] !
    The installed LMS Release [7.9.2] Nightly Version [1571644358]!

[The LogitechMediaServer used options on startup] :
    [--daemon --httpport 9001 --user squeezeboxserver --pidfile /share/CACHEDEV1_DAT A/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Cache/QLogitechMediaServer.pid --priority -10 --charset utf8 --quiet --noupnp]
    [1] Task's found for squeezeboxserver on :
    [13542]

[Network check in chroot] :
    Dbus Socket ; available
    grep: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/prefs/*: No suc h file or directory

QLogitechMediaServer version : [2.10.02]
    According to the log, and info would suggest Uninstall, reboot and reinstall. Have a close look, on any other installation off LMS. This because you writing about webgui on 9000.

If there is a QLogitechMediaServer in the directory .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer.log.err it means it's not running. So if you can reach LMS webgui on 9000, another instance is running on the systeem. And that could cause why LMS won't start with QLogitechMediaServer.

Another thing i have noticed, why have you set RELEASE= in the .QLMS.conf file to 7.9.1 ?

A thing you could also try when logon in a ssh shell is,
    [ps | grep slimserver.pl | grep -v grep ]

And tell me the output from it !

Send from my mobile Phone
    Last edited by digimaster; 2019-10-28 at 05:36.

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

QLMS (2.10.02) starts by itself!

Well a QNAP firmware update and for the first time ever, QLMS (2.10.02) re-started without my intervention.
    VERY HAPPY about that!

Hi All - quick update and questions; just got my brand new QNAP HS-453DX NAS and have it up and running with QLMS installed and music library copied over onto it's local drive(s)! All looking good so far - just waiting for the new RAID array rebuild to finish before I start testing initial basic playback with my Squeezebox Touch and start customising LMS (plugins, etc).

In the meantime couple of quick 'knowledge' questions:

1. what permissions are needed on the media file folders/directories (music & playlist libraries) for QLMS to run okay (e.g. do they need public read permissions, or is local admin read/write adequate) - alternately is it just as per usual LMS config? I'm not planning to share media to other 'servers' from this specific NAS as all my music playback will be through LMS and it's external hardware & software players (i.e. squeezebox Touch, Allo USBridge Signature, iPeng software players on iPhones/iPads, etc). Didn't see any direct reference to this when searching.

2. And incidentally @digimaster should the QLMS install have created the appropriate directories for LMS that would be created when a normal LMS install from scratch occurs? It didn't seem to for me FWIW but my NAS as noted is brand new and only had the default public folders/directories present and nothing else.

Many TIA.
    • Hi-Fi 1: VortexBox LMS/SOtM tX-USB; Darbee Cirrus DAC (Oppo BDP-105D), Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000; Focal SM9s.
    • Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch/Focal XS Books.
    • Hi-Fi 3: iPad/iPhones & iPeng, Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
    • HT Extras: Oppo-BDP-203 4K, Apple TV 4K, PS3 w/PlayTV; Focal SM6s (1 Twin6, 2 Solo6, 2 Sub6).
    • Display: Sony 55" 4K KD-55X8500C LED.
    • Accessories: Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul IC; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Power, USB, HDMI & Digital cables; Thor PS10 Power; Aurios & Vibrapods.

Hebrew tags presented in English latters

Before having QNAP I used a local version of LMS for my PC which used to show file tags as they are, whether it's English or Hebrew.
    Since moving to QNAP I'm using the adjusted version of LMS, and having a problem with the Hebrew tags, as they are presented in a weird English translation way.
    Is there any known patch for adding another Language to present with the tags?