Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

QNAP Firmware update has stopped QLMS from working

Another QNAP firmware upgrade and the QLogicMediaServer 2.10.01 app is running but will not open into the LMS.
    In the past, stopping and starting QLMS has worked but not this time.

Hi, can it be that after a qnap firmware update, the installation of QLMS doesn't end successfully anymore? (similar like in the the previous post, where the server doesn't open)

I have been running QLMS for almost a year on a qnap TS-231P nas, and it has been a great solution for music streaming. But I messed up my nas and had to do a factory reset.

Now QLMS does not install from the qnapclub repository. And that's real sad.. It gets stuck on 80% and I have seen a message, that LMS could not be started in the background.

I may be wrong, but I think the first time I installed QLMS, I had to install some other app first, for it to work. If that was the case, the other app would have been mentioned in the description of QLMS on qnapclub repository/page at the time I installed it first, but of course i don't remember what app that could have been..

Maybe installing QOptware-NG first would help? Edit - it didn't.
    Last edited by mnd; 2019-10-08 at 10:03.

QLogitechMediaServer for Qnap with QTS 4.2 or higher and x86_64/I686/X86 support !

IHeartRadio?

Anyone have a way to install, or at least access, IHeartRadio stations via the QMS? Using the TuneIn Radio app to load the stations return the error: “Authorization Required”

Radios are Logitech Squeezeboxes.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by spile View Post
    Another QNAP firmware upgrade and the QLogicMediaServer 2.10.01 app is running but will not open into the LMS.
    In the past, stopping and starting QLMS has worked but not this time.
    The QNAP firmware update appears to have completely killed QLMS. A complete uninstall and reinstall and LMS still refuses to run. I am thinking it is time to go back to another solution such as container station or even give up on trying to run LMS on my QNAP NAS and build a Raspberry Pj server. Thoughts welcome.

The QNAP firmware update appears to have completely killed QLMS. A complete uninstall and reinstall and LMS still refuses to run. I am thinking it is time to go back to another solution such as container station or even give up on trying to run LMS on my QNAP NAS and build a Raspberry Pj server. Thoughts welcome.
    Bummer.
    While not being able to install QLMS, I am also considering using Raspberry Pi as a nas. But even if I could get rid of the qnap at an acceptable loss of money, I still can't decide what to do with the HDD's - is it worth trying to use the current 3.5 inch drives with the Raspberry Pi, or it would be much simpler to just get new external usb drives. What other hardware are you thinking about with the Raspberry Pi?

EDIT: Version 2.10.02 of QLMS installed successfully on a TS-231P nas. This makes me vary happy and I hope I can keep enjoying Logitech Media Server without investing into new hardware for a considerable amount of time.

Thanks alot, digimaster !
    Last edited by mnd; 2019-10-11 at 08:09.

Try Version 2.10.02, otherwise go back to 2.04.00
    But according to the latest, the last version should work.

Send from my mobile Phone

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    Bummer.
    While not being able to install QLMS, I am also considering using Raspberry Pi as a nas. But even if I could get rid of the qnap at an acceptable loss of money, I still can't decide what to do with the HDD's - is it worth trying to use the current 3.5 inch drives with the Raspberry Pi, or it would be much simpler to just get new external usb drives. What other hardware are you thinking about with the Raspberry Pi?

EDIT: Version 2.10.02 of QLMS installed successfully on a TS-231P nas. This makes me vary happy and I hope I can keep enjoying Logitech Media Server without investing into new hardware for a considerable amount of time.

Thanks alot, digimaster !
    Nice that the latest version works.
    The trouble was the root/admin user. Some Qnap systems need it, to run lms in chroot.

As I already earlier wrote, the error has nothing to do with the update off QTS.
    The only error why 2.10.02 won't start, could be the dbus, from this version checks if there really is a dbus socket avaible, if not will give a error.

But what still surprise me, that nobody checks any logs. So please on trouble, read and check the several logs.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    Nice that the latest version works.
    The trouble was the root/admin user. Some Qnap systems need it, to run lms in chroot.

As I already earlier wrote, the error has nothing to do with the update off QTS.
    The only error why 2.10.02 won't start, could be the dbus, from this version checks if there really is a dbus socket avaible, if not will give a error.

But what still surprise me, that nobody checks any logs. So please on trouble, read and check the several logs.

Thanks a lot for your update to 2.10.02. The NAS works now perfect on my TS-453mini (again) w/o any ".ADMIN patch" and on the latest FW version.

B rds
    Steffen

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenG View Post
    Thanks a lot for your update to 2.10.02. The NAS works now perfect on my TS-453mini (again) w/o any ".ADMIN patch" and on the latest FW version.

B rds
    Steffen
    Thanks for informing me. Great that's work. Nice that you took the time to inform me.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    Thanks for informing me. Great that's work. Nice that you took the time to inform me.

That update worked - thank you it is appreciated.
    I just have to re-enable all my settings :-(