Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    2.09.06 installed OK from QnapClub on my TS470.

MusicIP working?

Hi all,

Reading through this thread and have some questions.
    Can someone confirm if MusicIP is working with latest software together with Sugarcube?
    Anyone running local player plugin with external USB DAC?
    Any recommendations for (Intel) models suitable for LMS, MusicIP, Bliss and Plex?

Best regards,

Magnus

Rights management of music folder after 2.09.06 update

Hi digimaster,
    after sucessful installation of 2.09.06 on my TS-251+ and a music library folder rescan, I discovered all music files and folders are suddenly owned by squeezeboxserver and I can't delete or modify mp3 files from my PC anymore. Before the library rescan everything was fine.
    Any idea?
    mjack

Quote Originally Posted by mjack View Post
    Hi digimaster,
    after sucessful installation of 2.09.06 on my TS-251+ and a music library folder rescan, I discovered all music files and folders are suddenly owned by squeezeboxserver and I can't delete or modify mp3 files from my PC anymore. Before the library rescan everything was fine.
    Any idea?
    mjack
    The only thing I can think of, is the Playlist option. You could disable this in the. QLMS.config file. Normally LMS does nothing on owners or rights.

Send from my mobile Phone

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

How to add the Qnapclub store to the QNap App center

The latest QLogitechMediaServer version!

================== QLogitechMediaServer version 2.09.07 ================================= 08-08-2019

* There was a error on th perl check in the arm-x41/armhf version, fixed in this version !
    * When the PLAYLIST options was set, but not set in LMS it would change
    owner/rights on wrong files/directory's , fixed in this version
    * More fine tuning on the Upgrade function, to do a good and fast check on startup !
    + NEW option in the .QLMS.config TIMER=, which can do a automated check on
    available updates ! You can set it some where between 00:01 and 23:59.
    + NEW cli options for QLogitechMediaServer.sh, timer will set the timer,
    timer stop will end it and timer status will show next time it will
    do the check. If TIMER is set status will also be showen with
    QLogitechMediaServer.sh status.
    If a update is downloaded, will send a messages to the QNap messages
    centre and stop the timer.

( Some more minor fix's and adjustements under the hood, to make it smoother and faster ! )

! IMPORTANT this version is still a BETA, it works great on my QNap ts-453a, but don't know about all the other QNap types !
    Having trouble PLEASE INCLUDED LOG'S, so i can find what's causing it on you're QNap ?
    And keep in mind, making/developing it in my spare time.

More info go to ;
    The git websie for the GoogleMusic plugin!

Questions or trouble regarding LogitechMediaServer itself , go to the SlimDevices forum website.
    http://forums.slimdevices.com

More information on MusicIP, go to https://www.spicefly.com/ or http://forums.slimdevices.com

No need to uninstall any old lms installations, from version 2.00.00, can be installed beside any other lms or perl installations.

How to add the Qnapclub store to the QNap App center

The latest QLogitechMediaServer version!

Having trouble with latest version, you can do a downgraded.
    Download the version you want, from the website.
    And do a Manuel installation through the QNap app center.

Last edited by digimaster; 2019-08-07 at 11:00.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Took a close look, and changed some thing, where i think it could come from.
    Version 2.09.07 should have the fix to prevent this from happing.
    In version 2.09.06, it could happen, if the playlist directory was not set in LMS.

To fix it at you're end, reboot the QNap and go in to ssh shell, and use the chown -R command to set it back !

Hi digimaster,
    Any idea?
    mjack

Installing/using the GoogleMusic plug-in for LMS in QLogitechMediaServer ;

Out off the box, python 2.7 is included and will automatically install Gmusicapi, if it detects that the GoogleMusic plug-in is installed.

For the regular GoogleMusic ; ( GIT version, skip this step )

Go to the Logitech Media Server with your browser.
    Visit the Plugins page and insert the repository URL for this Plug-in at the bottom of the page: http://squeezebox-googlemusic.github.io/squeezebox-googlemusic/repository/repo.xml.
    Save, restart the Logitech Media Server and continue.
    To uses it go the the server settings pages, and install the GoogleMusic plug-in. LMS will ask to restart the services, follow those instructions.

If LMS is running again, and the webgui is back.
    Restart QLogitechMediaServer, to make it aware that GoogleMusic is installed.
    On startup it will check on GmusicApi, where default the version 12.1.0 will be come available.
    Next on the Server Settings page, go to advanced, and choice the GoogleMusic plug-in.
    Here you need to set you’re credentials, and press apply.
    Some times you need to do this a few times, before it says “Google Music plug-in. Listen to you’re Google Music library and Google Music All Access”.
    When it gives you this messages, you can uses GoogleMusic with you LMS installation.

More on logon can be found on https://github.com/squeezebox-googlemusic/squeezebox-googlemusic#usage.
    Also very important the used mobile device ID, needs to be from a device which already has been registered in GoogleMusic.

You could also install the GoogleMusic git version, just set GMUSIC=1 in the .QLMS.conf file.
    This will install GoogleMusic from git the master version.
    If needed you can chance the GmusicApi version, in .QLMS.conf set GVERSION=””to get the latest, or GVERSION=12.1.0 to install version you set there.
    On every started of QLogitechMediaServer, the git version will be updated if needed !

If you install the git version, any install GoogleMusic plug-in from the plug-in page will be removed.
    When you change the line GMUSIC=1 to GMUSIC=0 or #GMUSIC=. It will uninstall the git version and also any settings.

Last edited by digimaster; 2019-08-09 at 11:16.

Rights management of music folder after 2.09.06 update

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    Took a close look, and changed some thing, where i think it could come from.
    Version 2.09.07 should have the fix to prevent this from happing.
    In version 2.09.06, it could happen, if the playlist directory was not set in LMS.

To fix it at you're end, reboot the QNap and go in to ssh shell, and use the chown -R command to set it back !
    Thanks ) My settings were as you descibed. Updated to 2.09.07 and will check it out

Thanks ) My settings were as you descibed. Updated to 2.09.07 and will check it out
    Great then my suspicion was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by magnus001 View Post
    Hi all,

Reading through this thread and have some questions.
    Can someone confirm if MusicIP is working with latest software together with Sugarcube?
    Anyone running local player plugin with external USB DAC?
    Any recommendations for (Intel) models suitable for LMS, MusicIP, Bliss and Plex?

Best regards,

Magnus
    I can confirm LMS working with Musicip and more. Plex and bliss both work to and many more.