Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HB64 View Post
    The webgui is working and in the mmm.ini file api must be set to 1 so all that looks good, on the LMS side I can set filters in both Sugarcubu and MusicIP nothing wrong it seems but still the message that the API is not working.But now I realize that I have experienced this before on another machine, I just do not know how this was solved at the time.
    OkÚ that's more in the setup off Musicip, maybe there other users here how could help you.

Send from my mobile Phone

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

You need to have MIP create the default.m3lib cache file by adding music. Is your Default.m3lib file created in the .musicip directory? The path that you specify to do this must be exactly the same as in LMS. Not /share/music. In both, it has to be /share/cachedev1_data/music. Add the music in the webgui and go out. Mine takes about 1minute Per 1000 tracks. When finished, the web gui will show how many tracks are in the cache file. If tracks need to be Analyzer, See my other post re fingerprinting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally had the time to go from 1.05b3 to 1.07.3. 1.05b3 was running fine. I followed all the directions for a clean install and had no errors. I had to add '-R' to the 'prefs' copy back. However, it appears LMS did not recognize my copied Cache and prefs. I had to set up everything again which was easy since I only have one player right now. Is running now OK. I had import 'Favorites' from the backed up 'prefs' folder.
    Last edited by earthbased; 2018-03-09 at 15:09.

Since upgrading to 1.07.3, QLMS icon doesn't show in MyApps under 3rd Party anymore. I have to click on QnapClubEU then click my apps again which is pain. Why this change?

I did the 'touch .update' and it executed with no errors. I then stopped QLMS from the QnapClub My Apps icon. I then started QLMS again to force check for LMS update. Icon indicated running but command line said not running. Here are the command I had to do to get LMS running:

Code:
    [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # touch .UPDATE
    [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh* status
    LogitechMediaServer is not running, do ./LogitechMediaServer.sh start to start services !
    [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh* start 
    LogitechMediaServer is disabled in the appstore, or is not installed !
    [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh* stop  
    LogitechMediaServer was already stopped !
    LogitechMediaServer is already running on [7686] !
    [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] #
    And my LMS was still at 'Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1519287262 @ Thu Feb 22 09:27:46 CET 2018' so it didn't update.

So questions are:

Must QLMS be stopped and started only from the command line? If so, what is the MyApps Icon stop/start do?

Why didn't my LMS version update when I executed the 'touch .update' command and restarted LMS?

Thanks!
    Last edited by earthbased; 2018-03-11 at 17:15.

Quote Originally Posted by earthbased View Post
    I did the 'touch .update' and it executed with no errors. I then stopped QLMS from the QnapClub My Apps icon. I then started QLMS again to force check for LMS update. Icon indicated running but command line said not running. Here are the command I had to do to get LMS running:

Code:
    [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # touch .UPDATE
    [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh* status
    LogitechMediaServer is not running, do ./LogitechMediaServer.sh start to start services !
    [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh* stop  
    LogitechMediaServer was already stopped !
    LogitechMediaServer is already running on [7686] !
    And my LMS was still at 'Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1519287262 @ Thu Feb 22 09:27:46 CET 2018' so it didn't update.

So questions are:

Must QLMS be stopped and started only from the command? If so, what the Icon stop/start do?

Why didn't my LMS version update when I executed the 'touch .update' command and restarted LMS?

Thanks!
    Out of the box auto update is enabled.
    The version you got, is the latest.
    Normally by disable and enable through the appstore it will do the check.
    Or when you restart the Qnap.
    On cmdline in a ssh shell, the best is to do ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart.

When done through the AppCenter, first disable, and wait for it do handle this.
    When it's disable, and shows grey enable it and wait until it says started in the AppCenter.

If disabled in the .QLMS.config file #UPDATE=0, #NIGHTLY=0, the correct command in the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory is
    touch UPDATE or touch NIGHTLY. Which will set auto update or auto update NIGHTLY.

To look if you got the latest version, check the website Nightly Builds for LMS

Last edited by digimaster; 2018-03-11 at 03:03.

Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    Out of the box auto update is enabled.
    The version you got, is the latest.
    Normally by disable and enable through the appstore it will do the check.
    Or when you restart the Qnap.
    On cmdline in a ssh shell, the best is to do ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart.

When done through the AppCenter, first disable, and wait for it do handle this.
    When it's disable, and shows grey enable it and wait until it says started in the AppCenter.

If disabled in the .QLMS.config file #UPDATE=0, #NIGHTLY=0, the correct command in the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory is
    touch UPDATE or touch NIGHTLY. Which will set auto update or auto update NIGHTLY.

To look if you got the latest version, check the website Nightly Builds for LMS

So why didn't my QLMS update LMS to March 11th 2018? I am still on Feb 22nd 2018.

So why didn't my QLMS update LMS to March 11th 2018? I am still on Feb 22nd 2018.
    No problems here: Disabling and re-enabling QLMS triggered the update on my NAS.

There was no event notification for it, though.
    QLMS 7.9.2@1.09b (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Logon to the Qnap by ssh shell, go to the LogitehMediaServer/ directory and then ./LogitehMediaServer.sh restart. If it works would do the upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    Logon to the Qnap by ssh shell, go to the LogitehMediaServer/ directory and then ./LogitehMediaServer.sh restart. If it works would do the upgraded.

Code:
    [~] # cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/
    [/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer] # ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart      
    Stopping LogitechMediaServer [7686] in the Background.
    /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/LogitechMediaSer 100%[==============================================================================>] 179.65M  8.57MB/s   in 16s    
    Upgrading LogitechMediaServer to 7.9.1-1521035372, please wait !
    Starting LogitechMediaServer in Background.
    That worked, now on LMS March 14th Release. And QLMS auto-updated to V1.07.4. Thanks!
    Last edited by earthbased; 2018-03-14 at 09:24.