Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 12 of 63 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Duplicate Albums

I am running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 on a QNAP TS-251 and have issues with scanning in that my albums have are appearing multiple times.
    For example, if I navigate to Home > Artists > ACDC I get...
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    All songs

The server logs is showing...
    [18-08-31 15:06:54.3898] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1533559127, Mon Aug 6 15:19:31 CEST 2018) perl 5.024000 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    [18-08-31 15:06:56.0700] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper:ostConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-08-31 15:06:56.1654] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-08-31 15:06:57.0529] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper:ostConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-08-31 15:06:57.1423] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-08-31 15:06:57.4145] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
    [18-08-31 15:07:03.8972] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper:ostConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-08-31 15:07:04.0324] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-08-31 20:15:05.9569] Slim::Utils::Misc::findAndScanDirectoryTree (1032) Error: Couldn't find a topLevelObj!

The scan log is showing a number of errors...
    [18-09-01 13:57:50.5737] Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE:arse (473) Error: Couldn't find referenced FILE:

My installation was working fine a few weeks ago. I've even reinstalled the QLMS but the issue remains. Any ideas?

I've it worked fine, i would suggest to ask some where else in the forum.
    Has nothing to do with the devolpment from QLogitechMediaServer for QNap on it self.

Quote Originally Posted by spile View Post
    I am running Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 on a QNAP TS-251 and have issues with scanning in that my albums have are appearing multiple times.
    For example, if I navigate to Home > Artists > ACDC I get...
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    Black Ice
    All songs

The server logs is showing...
    [18-08-31 15:06:54.3898] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1533559127, Mon Aug 6 15:19:31 CEST 2018) perl 5.024000 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    [18-08-31 15:06:56.0700] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper:ostConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-08-31 15:06:56.1654] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-08-31 15:06:57.0529] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper:ostConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-08-31 15:06:57.1423] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-08-31 15:06:57.4145] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
    [18-08-31 15:07:03.8972] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper:ostConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
    [18-08-31 15:07:04.0324] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
    [18-08-31 20:15:05.9569] Slim::Utils::Misc::findAndScanDirectoryTree (1032) Error: Couldn't find a topLevelObj!

The scan log is showing a number of errors...
    [18-09-01 13:57:50.5737] Slim::Formats::Playlists::CUE:arse (473) Error: Couldn't find referenced FILE:

My installation was working fine a few weeks ago. I've even reinstalled the QLMS but the issue remains. Any ideas?

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    After a lot off testing looking and investigations, found the trouble.
    Its a missing file in you're /lib, which is causing this error.
    On some older QNap system the Glibc libary is not compleet.

Working on a solution, so hopefully have a new version which will fix it soon.
    OkÚ working on a complet new version of QLogitechMediaServer. Completely redesign it. And will on a new other way, so it will also work on older Qnap systems. But as I am very far, still needs a lot of testing, before I will release it.

Will have a new name Qlms, so it will be clear that the aproces it on a bother level.

So give me some time to round it up.
    And keep checking here, for it's release.

Send from my mobile Phone

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

That great, could you supply me with following information ?

Any input would be great, need info on what systems it runs or not.

Please included you┬ĺre QTS version, the output off uname -m.
    Also where ld-linux.so.2 and ld-linux-86_64.so.2 are located ?

Need this info to determine, how make a correct working qpkg file.
    So it will install proper, on new and older QNap nas-systems.

So this input would be very helpfully, for further development.
    First of all; digimaster, thank you for the great work.

I installed QLMS 1.9e from scratch a few days ago on QNAP TS-653pro with QTS version 4.3.4.0675

/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 is available and is a symbolic link to /lib/ld-2.21.so

uname -m shows: x86_64

So far Logitech Media Server works great; mediascan of my music collection of 16000+ songs runs without any problems.

The only problem is that after a while (a couple of hours, i think) the slimserver.pl process suddenly generates al lot of IO; even when I'm not using the Logitech Media Server or listening music at all.

In "top" my QNAP gets an average load of 9+; CPU or MEM usage is not the problem; "iotop" shows that the slimserver.pl process is constantely reading and writing to disk.

When I stop QLMS, the average load drops back to 1-

I've no idea what the problem could be or where to look...

New beta for QLogitechMediaServer, 1.09.e

======================== QLMS 1.09.e ==========================
    Changed Name to QLMS, so one can install it beside QLogitechMediaServer for testing purposes.
    To run it, QLogitechMediaServer, must be disabled through the Qnap app center. ( don't uninstall it )
    It will copy existing setting, if QLogitechMediaServer is installed.
    Install it manual in the QNap APP center.

Due to the fact, that there was trouble with some older QNap nas systems.
    Completely re disgned the installation and startup script.
    The release will have separated files, for the different arch's.
    Also done this, to later add ARM support.

The 1.09.e x86_64,
    has perl 5.24.4 for x86_64 and several i*86 CPU's. ( 64 & 32 [ 64 bits aware ] intel/amd CPU's )

The 1.09.e x86,
    has perl 5.16 for i*86/x86 CPU's. ( 32 bits intel/amd CPU's )
    ( This because LMS has no support anymore for perl 5.20 and higher on 32bits. )

Both have support for Spotty, YouTube, Radio Paradise, SqueezeSonic and ShairTunes.

Furthermore tried to improve some functions.
    On a x86_64 one can change, between to different perl version.
    Got trouble go to .qpkg/QLMS directory and do [/bin/ls -a]. ( shut show .ELF32 of .ELF64 )
    Then do rm .ELF??, and then touch .ELF??. ( depends what is there, you can choice between .ELF64 of .ELF32 )
    Still trouble, try installing the x86 version, which also will work on a x86_64 system.

Keep in mind, this is a really beta version.
    So keep you're QLogitechMediaServer installed.

And input would be great, need info on what systems it runs or not.

Please included youĺre QTS version, the output off uname -m.
    Also where ld-linux.so.2 and ld-linux-86_64.so.2 are located ?

Need this info to determine, how make a correct working qpkg file.
    So it will install proper, on new and older QNap nas-systems.

So this input would be very helpfully, for further development.

I installed QLMS 1.9e from scratch a few days ago on QNAP TS-653pro with QTS version 4.3.4.0675

/lib/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 is available and is a symbolic link to /lib/ld-2.21.so

So far Logitech Media Server works great; mediascan of my music collection of 16000+ songs runs without any problems.

The only problem is that after a while (a couple of hours, i think) the slimserver.pl process suddenly generates al lot of IO; even when I'm not using the Logitech Media Server or listening music at all.

In "top" my QNAP gets an average load of 9+; CPU or MEM usage is not the problem; "iotop" shows that the slimserver.pl process is constantely reading and writing to disk.

Quote Originally Posted by dkorbee View Post

Strange behavior, at the moment can't give you a clue. But keep in mind is a beta.

At the moment, working on a new release. And trying several options, to let work on all the different Qnap systems and configuration.

But that's a lot to find out. So it's gone take some more. As I'm developing it beside work and a studie.

I've it worked fine, i would suggest to ask some where else in the forum.
    Has nothing to do with the devolpment from QLogitechMediaServer for QNap on it self.
    I've gone back to using the Container method for running LMS and the duplicate albums issue has been sorted. Sadly though I have no Youtube plugin. I will retry QLMS when the new version is released.

Hi there
    www qnapclub eu/nl/qpkg/545 only points me to the old version 1.08 (or older) but none of the updated 1.09x
    Am I missing something?
    /Thomas

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tschu View Post
    Hi there
    www qnapclub eu/nl/qpkg/545 only points me to the old version 1.08 (or older) but none of the updated 1.09x
    Am I missing something?
    /Thomas

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
    Sorry redraw test version 1.09.
    Because on some older Qnap nassystem, there was a problem with missing libaries.

At the moment working on a new releases, where those will be included. But it needs a lot off investigation, reading and testing.

Hope to releases it, in a few weeks.

LMS on TS-419P+ End of my wisdom

I have a QNAP NAS TS-419P+ on which unfortunately the LMS has not been running for a long time. I have the QNAP version 4.3.3.0663 but can't get it installed on port 9099 anymore. Slowly I don't know which last working version I can use.
    And now SSOTS makes me even more mistakes when uninstalling.
    Can anyone maybe help me, please? Maybe even a German guy with Teamviewer that would even be beneficial.
    I am at the end of my wisdom! :-(((
    Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by Rudi2605; 2018-09-18 at 16:11.