Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Volume adjustment for specific streams or favorites

Michael,

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. All my searching returns answers about replay gain and/or the different volumes for local music vs streams.

What I'd like to know is if there is a way to set up volume adjustments for specific streams. In my instance, we have a significant volume difference between two different radio stations we stream and I'd like to be able to set an offset for one or both of them so that when the timer/alarm switches from the quiet one to the loud one we don't have to race to find a volume controller.

I already use replay gain for local files and I am aware of the global offset for streaming. I'm specifically looking to alter specific streams relative to each other. I'm hoping the answer is already implemented and I just couldn't find it in the years worth of other volume discussions. Perhaps a command line switch added to the url?

Thanks - and thanks for the ongoing work to keep squeezebox the best audio solution!

I'd love to have that too (for different internet radio streams). But I'm not aware of any method that currently exists.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.x/4TB>LMS 8.2.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Volume adjustment for specificstreams or favorites

I don't really use automatic volume adjustments. But I believe besides
    local/online streams there's no distinction possible.

--

Michael

Speaking of volume adjustments

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I don't really use automatic volume adjustments. But I believe besides
    local/online streams there's no distinction possible.

--

Michael
    When streaming Spotify along with my local library Spotify plays louder. I think I have all the proper boxes checked under the Spotify and spotty/online integration settings. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Audio View Post
    When streaming Spotify along with my local library Spotify plays louder. I think I have all the proper boxes checked under the Spotify and spotty/online integration settings. Any tips?
    Turn off volume normalisation in Spotty settings and add a default adjustment for remote streams in player settings/audio.
    I use -7

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rmac321 View Post
    What I'd like to know is if there is a way to set up volume adjustments for specific streams. In my instance, we have a significant volume difference between two different radio stations we stream and I'd like to be able to set an offset for one or both of them so that when the timer/alarm switches from the quiet one to the loud one we don't have to race to find a volume controller.
    If the stream can be identified by it's metadata (e.g. name of station in title), one could probably cobble something together using the Event Trigger plugin + some script which adjusts the volume depending on the metadata
    Various SW: Web Interface | TUI | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | DB Optimizer | Image Enhancer | Chiptunes | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Turn off volume normalisation in Spotty settings and add a default adjustment for remote streams in player settings/audio.
    I use -7

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Startibartfast,

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot. I'm always amazed by the knowledge on this site and the people willing to share it. Thanks again.

Kid Audio

coming to this old thread because of i have kind of the same problem. My volume is fixed to 100 percent and no normalization is active. Now a radio stream is playing very quietly.....
    There is a setting in the player settings to modify internet stream volume because "often it is too loud". It's the opposite in my case.
    Can this be fixed" somehow?