Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 82 of 83 FirstFirst ... 327280818283 LastLast

Upgrade done

Thanks dolodobendan and digimaster for the advice

help with install on qnap

Sorry i'm completely new on lms and squeezebox.
    just tried to install the qpkg on qts 4.5.1.
    Installation ok, webui ok, but cannot access and browse music folders on my shares.... i only view the shares names but they are all empty..
    Any suggestion?
    Thank you

Confused by differing version

I'm running version 2.04.00_x86_64 on my TS-251+. I installed it mid 2019 after my earlier question here in this thread from 2019-06-26. At least I thought so until a moment ago. QTS (v 4.5.1.1540 (2021/01/07)) still shows the app named as QLogitechMediaServer 2.04.00

Today I noticed the library scan does not find all my playlists. I re-ran the scans twice, but it did not help. 3 out of 88 .m3u and .m3u8 playlists are not found.

So I thought I should look for an update. But looking up the "Information" tab in QLogitechMediaServer settings I found it is Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.4 - 1603273368 @ Thu Oct 22 04:21:27 CEST 2020.

Am I crazy? Or are there different "external" and "internal" version numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by wus View Post
    I'm running version 2.04.00_x86_64 on my TS-251+. I installed it mid 2019 after my earlier question here in this thread from 2019-06-26. At least I thought so until a moment ago. QTS (v 4.5.1.1540 (2021/01/07)) still shows the app named as QLogitechMediaServer 2.04.00

Today I noticed the library scan does not find all my playlists. I re-ran the scans twice, but it did not help. 3 out of 88 .m3u and .m3u8 playlists are not found.

So I thought I should look for an update. But looking up the "Information" tab in QLogitechMediaServer settings I found it is Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.4 - 1603273368 @ Thu Oct 22 04:21:27 CEST 2020.

Am I crazy? Or are there different "external" and "internal" version numbers?
    QLogitechMediaServer is a framework that has all the stuff needed to install and run the Logitech Media Server on a QNAP nas.

The Logitech Media Server is installed and runs inside this framework and may update itself separately without updating the QLogitechMediaServer (the framework).

So, the version of QLogitechMediaServer and the version of the Logitech Media Server, which runs inside it, are different and independent from each other.

Thank yo so much for clarifying this. Particularly this information...

Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    The Logitech Media Server is installed and runs inside this framework and may update itself separately without updating the QLogitechMediaServer (the framework).
    ... sounded very interesting. I found a link inside the LMS: "A new version of Logitech Media Server is available (8.1.0). Click here to download."

When I click the link, I can choose from versions for a variety of operating systems. But QNAP resp. QTS is not among them.

Where can I find it?

Quote Originally Posted by wus View Post
    Thank yo so much for clarifying this. Particularly this information...

... sounded very interesting. I found a link inside the LMS: "A new version of Logitech Media Server is available (8.1.0). Click here to download."

When I click the link, I can choose from versions for a variety of operating systems. But QNAP resp. QTS is not among them.

Where can I find it?
    The updates for LMS are handled by editing a configuration file. I think you must use SSH to edit it.
    Search this thread a bit, I have seen several posts about different update options. Also there is a readme file in your NAS's .qpkg directory.

Digital Signature

For the last several months the QNAP admin app display has complained that QLogitechMediaServer has no Digital Signature. It works great for me but I was just curious if I have a setting wrong somewhere?

Running version 2.21.00.
    Chris

I have a problem with my song playback I normally read up to between 10 sec and 1mm

Hello

I have a problem with my song playback I normally read up to between 10 sec and 1mm from the end it goes directly to the next one I do not know if squeezebox 8.1.1 or squeezeplay 8.0.1 is the problem
    my music is locally on a nas
    and it makes me feel like it with most albums
    can you help me

and with the same file its working nickel with another player

thank
    Last edited by liorega; 2021-01-19 at 08:54.

LMS on QNAP TS-230

Quote Originally Posted by athelney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by athelney View Post
    Hello,

I have just bought a QNAP TS-230 to replace an 'out of support' QNAP NAS and stupidly failed to check whether I could still run LMS on the new box. QLogitechMediaServer sounds like it could save me a whole lot of heartbreak and effort so I would really like to give it a try.

Well, I did an in initial set up of the new NAS and followed instructions to get the QNAP Club respository loaded but when I added the repo no packages at all were shown in the App Center. So I then joined the club and retried adding the repository with login details but got the same outcome. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how to fix or work around it ? Or can I circumvent it for now by downloading the QPKG from somewhere else ? If so where ?

The TS-230 is running QTS 4.5.1.1480, in case that's relevant.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jon

Don't bother responding, I figured it out for myself.

Jon
    I am new to this board and just bought a QNAP TS-230. Could you please share how you were able to get LMS running on your TS-230 NAS. I have tried several things with QNAP Apps and also Docker, but could not get LMS running on my NAS.

BR
    Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by The_Schrek View Post
    I am new to this board and just bought a QNAP TS-230. Could you please share how you were able to get LMS running on your TS-230 NAS. I have tried several things with QNAP Apps and also Docker, but could not get LMS running on my NAS.

BR
    Andreas
    If you hadn't already, you should add the Qnapclub repository to your NAS's app center, there is a link in the first post on how to do it. Then do a search for Logitech Media Server in the Qnapclub apps section and see if you find it. If you don't - this is where my expertise ends good luck

https://www.qnapclub.eu/en/howto/1