Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 115159606162 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    Nice that the latest version works.
    The trouble was the root/admin user. Some Qnap systems need it, to run lms in chroot.

As I already earlier wrote, the error has nothing to do with the update off QTS.
    The only error why 2.10.02 won't start, could be the dbus, from this version checks if there really is a dbus socket avaible, if not will give a error.

But what still surprise me, that nobody checks any logs. So please on trouble, read and check the several logs.

Send from my mobile Phone
    Sorry for not posting any logs, just didn't know where to look for them, regarding the installation of the qpkg. I'm not too advanced in using qnap software and QLMS yet, but I'm willing to learn.

Anyway, maybe someone could help me understand how to manually install plugins (the .pm files)?

Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    Sorry for not posting any logs, just didn't know where to look for them, regarding the installation of the qpkg. I'm not too advanced in using qnap software and QLMS yet, but I'm willing to learn.

Anyway, maybe someone could help me understand how to manually install plugins (the .pm files)?
    The logs and config files, can be found in .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/directory.

You need to Logon by ssh shell, with a program like putty. Then you do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/]. Do ls to see the content of the directory, it should show .QLogitechMediaServer.log a.m.

If so you're in the right directory.

Regarding installing plugins, should be done in the webgui, server setting, plugins.

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

The logs and config files, can be found in .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/directory.

You need to Logon by ssh shell, with a program like putty. Then you do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/]. Do ls to see the content of the directory, it should show .QLogitechMediaServer.log a.m.

If so you're in the right directory.

Regarding installing plugins, should be done in the webgui, server setting, plugins.

Thanks, I think also for manual installation of plugin files, the /qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer/Plugins folder can be used.

Just one more question, if you don't mind. Can we set the current timezone or time manually in QLMS?

I'm asking because I'm using the custom clock plugin applet to display various info in the controller's screen, but it displays GMT+0 time and I would like to change that to my timezone. But I understand that the displayed time might come from somewhere else than QLMS.

Upgrade question.

I currently have the following installed and running well .. overall (on a TVS-471).

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1570959002 @ Sun Oct 13 11:52:42 CEST 2019
    Hostname: #########
    Server IP Address: 192.168.42.193
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9001
    Operating system: QLMS 2.X (QNAP TurboStation) - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.28.2 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
    Audio::Scan: 1.02
    IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
    Total Players Recognized: 3

Should my install auto-upgrade when new code is available? Should I be able to upgrade to the current code without losing settings, apps, extras, favorites, etc?

Is there a reason to upgrade and stay current?

Thanks for any guidance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FlaParrotHead View Post
    Upgrade question.

I currently have the following installed and running well .. overall (on a TVS-471).

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1570959002 @ Sun Oct 13 11:52:42 CEST 2019

Should my install auto-upgrade when new code is available? Should I be able to upgrade to the current code without losing settings, apps, extras, favorites, etc?

Thanks for any guidance.

Similar issue on my NAS.
    I have the following message in my event notifications but the QLMS is already running and the version in the app store is the same as one I have installed on my NAS???
    [QLogitechMediaServer] There is a Update for LMS, do QLogitechMediaServer start/restart to upgraded !
    2019/10/17 03:39

Quote Originally Posted by spile View Post
    Similar issue on my NAS.
    I have the following message in my event notifications but the QLMS is already running and the version in the app store is the same as one I have installed on my NAS???
    [QLogitechMediaServer] There is a Update for LMS, do QLogitechMediaServer start/restart to upgraded !
    2019/10/17 03:39
    That means there is a update for LMS available. Not QLogitechMediaServer but LMS itself.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaParrotHead View Post
    Upgrade question.

Thanks for any guidance.

Upgrade for LMS depends on what you want. Sometimes a upgraded is need, for Bugfixes or fixes for plugins like spotty.
    But if everything works, it's not always needed.

If you don't want it to do the automatic upgrades. Change the settings in .QLMS.conf file, UPDATE, NIGHTLY and NOUPDATE.

Last edited by digimaster; 2019-10-17 at 18:19.

Can anyone confirm if QLMS has a separate initial setup after install, that is different than the settings page afterwards? And if it does, do we have to select the timezone in the initial setup?

I want to change the current time in QLMS, but can't find such setting. And I think I vaguely remember the initial settings page where the language and timezone could have been selected and if that was the case, I guess I might have not bothered to change the timezone. But I'm not certain that this initial setup I remember was really for QLMS and not some other app.. Anyway, if the timezone really can only be selected right after installation of QLMS and not later, I'd reinstall QLMS, but I want to make sure this is really possible, before uninstalling and going through all the settings again.

EDIT: searched a bit more and found this post, would this command help:

Logon by ssh, then go to the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory. And then do [ touch .LOCALTIME ]. Then restart lms with ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart

EDIT2: the command didn't change anything.
    Last edited by mnd; 2019-10-22 at 02:50.

Quote Originally Posted by mnd View Post
    Can anyone confirm if QLMS has a separate initial setup after install, that is different than the settings page afterwards? And if it does, do we have to select the timezone in the initial setup?

I want to change the current time in QLMS, but can't find such setting. And I think I vaguely remember the initial settings page where the language and timezone could have been selected and if that was the case, I guess I might have not bothered to change the timezone. But I'm not certain that this initial setup I remember was really for QLMS and not some other app.. Anyway, if the timezone really can only be selected right after installation of QLMS and not later, I'd reinstall QLMS, but I want to make sure this is really possible, before uninstalling and going through all the settings again.

EDIT: searched a bit more and found this post, would this command help:

Logon by ssh, then go to the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory. And then do [ touch .LOCALTIME ]. Then restart lms with ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart

EDIT2: the command didn't change anything.
    If you don't want LMS, to uses the local time.

Go in ssh, go to the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory. Now do touch .NOLOCALTIME and restart QLogitechMediaServer.

Now it won't take the time from the used server.

Last edited by digimaster; 2019-10-23 at 03:09.

If you don't want LMS, to uses the local time.

Go in ssh, go to the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory. Now do touch .NOLOCALTIME and restart QLogitechMediaServer.

Now it won't take the time from the used server.

Thanks, but where does it get the time from if it doesn't use the local time of the nas?

I tried the command, but the time displayed by the custom clock applet didn't change. Maybe the time displayed on the applet comes not from the server, but from some place else..
    Is it possible to check somewhere else what the current time is on the LMS server (in the settings or by command line)?
    Last edited by mnd; 2019-10-23 at 09:59.