Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

QLogitechMediaServer for Qnap with QTS 4.2 or higher with x86/i*86/x86_64 support !

QLogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86/i*86/x86_64 architecture with qts 4.2 or higher
    Here you can always find the latest version of LogitechMediaServer for Qnap x86/i*86/x86_64 and mixed X86-64 systems with QTS4.2 or higher.
    At the moment only support for x86_64/i686/x86. Before installing do login with ssh shell and do uname -m, it should then say x86/i*86/x86_64.
    It will install the LogitechMediaServer source on the Qnap, as can de found on the Nightly build website.
    It will support Spotty, YouTube and Radio paradise out off the box.
    ( Perl 5.24.0 64bit/32bit, Mozilla-CA-20160104, Net-SSLeay-1.82 ( build with openssl-1.0.2m ), IO-Socket-SSL-2.052, JSON-2.90 and from version v1.07.3 MusicIP [1.8] )
    Questions or trouble regarding LogitechMediaServer, go to the SlimDevices forum.
    For more information regarding MusicIP go to SpiceFly

The only thing i supply is a proper way to install LogitechMediaServer and a init-script so it will startup correctly.
    It`s a standalone version, which does not need extra software like a Optware/Entware. ( But by installing you can add extra functions ( Lame support ), or better audio support )

I would advise, to install it through the AppCenter of QNap!
    Here the instructions, how to add QnapClub appstore, to QNap's AppCenter
    QLogitechMediaServer in the QnapClub appstore, here there is always the latest version !

New release of QLogitechMediaServer V1.09.b for Qnap QTS 4.1 or higher with x86/i*86/x86_64 ( 20-05-2018 )
    MDS5 check [ d7321e2b4917af803e75a6231bbe26c9 LogitechMediaServer_1.09.b.qpkg ]

QLogitechMediaServer_V1.09.b for Qnap x86/i386/i686/x86_64 with QTS 4.2 or higher !

================ QLogitechMediaServer version 1.09.b =============== 20-05-2018
    - In version 1.09.a some got a Glibc error/wrong version error.
    The problem is some older nas-sytems, have a very old Glibc library.
    + recompiled Perl 5.24.4, to work with Glibc from 2.6.1 and higher.
    + This should solve the Glibc error on older Qnap nas-systems.
    + Added a extra option on startup, -d to debug startup.
    * Next step will be to look, if we can also add support for arm-hf CPUs

QLogitechMediaServer_V1.09.b for Qnap x86/i386/i686/x86_64 with QTS 4.2 or higher !

================ QLogitechMediaServer version 1.09.a =============== 07-05-2018
    + Changed to Perl 5.24.4, build from original source. ( ELF32/ELF64 )
    + Perl includes all original Modules from source.
    ( For better support with several functions of LMS )
    + Add Crypt-Openssl-Bignum ( for support Shairtunes2 )
    + Add Crypt-Openssl-Random ( for support Shairtunes2 )
    + Add Crypt-Openssl-RSA ( for support Shairtunes2 )
    + Integrated extra Modules in Perl cpan.
    + Plugins Spotty, YouTube, Radio Paradise, SqueezeSubsonic and Shairtunes2, will work on this version. ( tested on ts-453a )

================= QLogitechMediaServer version 1.08 ================ 09-04-2018
    + Optimized the script's a bit more.
    + Add some extra commands to QMusicIP.sh.
    .MusicIP/QMusicIP.sh count, will display the amount off files analyzed and fingerprinted.
    .MusicIP/QMusicIP.sh analyzed, will display the files which are analyzed.
    .MusicIP/QMusicIP.sh fingerprint, will display the files which are fingerprinted
    + Found a mistake in setting a httpport, this fixed in this version.

================= QLogitechMediaSever version 1.07.4 ================ 14-03-2018
    + Minor adjustment in the script, ./LogitechMediaServer.sh status was not always giving correct status. (Fixed)
    + Init-script adjusted when LMS crashed on start up, will do a chown and chown and try a second start of LMS. ( To solve any owner and rights issues, after restore of old settings )
    + Optimized the init-script a bit more.
    + Adjusted the .QLMS.conf, further more to meet MusicIP and other settings.
    + MusicIPServer did not start, if it was missing ELF32 library files. ( Happened on mixed x86_64 systems with QTS 4.3 and higher. Needed QOptware-NG to run ). Fixed can now also run without a Optware Solution like QOptware-NG. ( But QOptware-NG give you more like lame/wma support )

================= QLogitechMediaSever version 1.07.3 ================ 02-03-2018
    +Minor adjustment for Nas systems running on QTS 4.2 or lower, to handle several commands correctly. Fix for the ┬“Check you┬’re configuration error┬” at startup.
    + Checked script with this info, and made some minor changes on other commands, so they will work proper even on QTS 4.2 and lower.
    + If exist renice will been done, at the start of the init-script.
    + Changed messages ┬“Building from scratch┬”,┬”Upgrading┬” from warning to info.
    + Add the service MusicIP (1.8), for those who love this services. (Can be activated through the .QLMS.config file, or by doing [ touch MUSICIP ] in the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/ directory.) ( More info on how to use it, visited https://www.spicefly.com/) (I only supply away to install and run the services ) ( UPDATE QOptware-NG must be installed and actieve, to let MusicIPServer work )
    + MusicIP is integrated in message┬’s and logs for QLogitechMediaServer.
    + When MusicIP is enabled and running, can be found in the resourcemonitor from QNap. (QmusicIPServer)

=================== QLogitechMediaSever version 1.07.2 ========================

+ Fix on some older QNap nas systems, it would start twice after reboot.
    + Fix for check that services is running after reboot. ( was not correct
    found, due to some older nas systems do not handle some commands on
    reboot ) ( Many thanks to JASELL, to let me uses his QNap to find those two
    errors )
    + Fix for PlayListDirectory's, when there is a space in the name . ( Thanks
    to TobbeLino )

=================== QLogitechMediaSever version 1.07 ===================

+ From this version, included in the appstore off QNapClub!
    + Add support for x86/i386/i686 and mixed x86_64 nas systems.
    ( there must be ld-linux.so.2 and or ld-linux_x86_64.so.2 available )
    ( The i686 Perl is made by Qnapfan, many thanks for his support and hard work )
    + Fixed the auto update function, now nightly and update can separably set.
    + Change some minor things in the installation script, for better error check !
    + Change some minor thing in the init-script, so it will check errors on startup.
    + Now user of V1.05, can use this version to.
    + Change ownership on SlimServer/, now it will also set the group everyone.
    ( Please don┬’t do anything on the SlimServer/ regarding ownership. )
    + Move the clean template directory, earlier in startup.
    ( fix for blank webgui )
    (PLEASE check if you're Qnap is supported, it relays on the file /lib/ld-linux.so.2 or ld-linux-x86-64.so.2. One or both must be on you're QNap system
    And also do uname -m to check if the right architecture is available !.
    The installation will do, and if it wont meet the requirements will stop the installation ! )

================================================== =======================

Many thanks for making a donation :

Frank Eckardt, Jan Modig

------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Through this feels like my work is appreciated ! -
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by digimaster; 2018-05-21 at 04:57.

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

I am getting a lot off question regarding how to upgraded earlier QLogitechMediaServer installations before V1.07.
    So here will try to explain how you could make it upgraded through the AppCenter from Qnap.

There are two ways you could try, the first is to get a nice clean installation. ( Which i suggest to do )
    With the second you keep you're already installed QLogitechMediaServer, and after adjusting qpkg.conf will be part of the myapps from QnapClub myapps.

[ The First solution, recommend so you get a nice and clean installation, with you're old settings !]

Logon to you're Qnap nas system by a ssh shell.
    Do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/SlimServer ]
    then [ cp -R Cache /share/Multimedia/Cache ] ( will take awhile to get ready ), [ cp -R prefs /share/Multimedia/prefs ].
    Now go to the AppCenter from Qnap, and uninstall QlogitechMediaServer, then reboot you're Qnap. ( just to be sure nothing is interfering )
    No if you don't have the QnapClub appstore, look on the site https://www.qnapclub.eu how to add it.
    Then go in the Appcenter, and QNap Club appstore, and look for qlogitechmediaserver, should be under the entertainment section.
    Install it from there, and when installed and running, do following.
    Logon to you're QNap nas system again by ssh shell, do [ cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/ ], [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh stop ].
    Then [ cp -R /share/Multimedia/Cache SlimServer/Cache/ ] , [ cp /share/Multimedia/prefs SlimServer/prefs ].
    Now do [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ], which should give something like QLogitechMediaServer was already stopped.
    Also there will come a message "Starting LogitechMediaServer in Background", then its started running again.
    Be aware depending on how many plugins there are installed, can take a time, before you can access the webgui, some times several minutes.
    On a error messages do [ /bin/chown -R squeezeboxserver:everyone SlimServer/ ] and [ /bin/chmod -R 0775 SlimServer/ ]
    once again do [ ./LogitechMediaServer.sh restart ]

Don't forget to do [ rm -r /share/Multimedia/Cache ] and [ rm -r /share/Multimedia/prefs ] after its running again.

Now you got a clean installation, which will get the upgraded through the appstore from QnapClub.
    So next time, can simply be upgraded through the web-interface from the Qnap AppCenter.

[ The second way, where you leave the QLogitechMediaServer config as it is ]

Make sure you got QnapClub appstore setup correctly in the Qnap AppCenter.
    https://www.qnapclub.eu
    Logon to you're QNap nas system by ssh shell, do [ cd /etc/config ]
    First do [ cp qpkg.conf qpkg.conf.org ], to make a back if something went wrong !
    Open qpkg.conf with you're favorite editor like vi/joe/jed/nano, and find the section under [LogitechMediaServer].
    Then under the line Enable = TRUE, insert the line store = b23c4c609ac7b04f6b6595e9f6bec8c4.
    Now save the file, and go to the AppCenter from QNap, look under QnapClub myapps.
    There it should show-up, and can be upgraded through the webgui.

After this upgrading goes through the webgui off Qnaps AppCenter, so no need to do some like this anymore.
    Keep in mind from now on, all the releases go through qnapclub.eu website and there appstore.
    Because for me its better to manage, and users easier to upgrade if a newer version is available.
    You could always download the latest version from there website, and do the Manuel installation.
    I will even keep using the forums to inform when a newer version is available with a link to the file.

And on any error while installing or startup, please read PLEASE-READ-FIRST.txt first and look at the log-files and you're system setup.
    Most startup errors come from old installations from ssots/ssods or perl/optware-perl setups. ( Most of you tried strange thing, to get spotty to work )
    Also if you copied back old Cache/prefs directories, and then startup give a error a corrupted plug-in.
    Always tested it first before copying old settings back.
    A advise is maybe use QOptware-NG as optware solution, i uses this now for a long time beside QLogitechMediaServer.

Hope you will enjoy LogitechMediaServer, like i do on my Qnap again.
    And remember i tried to make a LogitechMediaServer installation, which completely depends on the QNap QTS.
    So it will survey a update/upgraded.
    LogitechMediaServer will be updated by the slimdevices website.

Last edited by digimaster; 2018-02-17 at 08:20.

Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

I tried going the upgrade route by changing the qpkg.conf file (against your good advice).
    It did indeed pick it up and show on the apps menu with an upgrade option, but on trying to upgrade it still comes back with the error that the 'the internal name of QLogitechMediaServer has been registered by QLogitechMediaServer.

So I followed your preferred route and did a remove followed by a clean install, and that's probably best for others too, since (hopefully) it is the only time it has to be done now.

Quote Originally Posted by yeomanspc View Post
    I tried going the upgrade route by changing the qpkg.conf file (against your good advice).
    It did indeed pick it up and show on the apps menu with an upgrade option, but on trying to upgrade it still comes back with the error that the 'the internal name of QLogitechMediaServer has been registered by QLogitechMediaServer.

So I followed your preferred route and did a remove followed by a clean install, and that's probably best for others too, since (hopefully) it is the only time it has to be done now.
    It's the best way, but copy Cache and prefs directory. So you can put it back later, and by that way save you're old settings.

Send from my mobile Phone

Here a tip for the advanced users.

Install Qoptware-NG v2.05, then follow the instructions on how to un install and reinstall QLogitechMediaServer with backup off youĺre settings. Also look in the QnapClub appstore and install sortmyQPKGs.

Now LMS is running on a 32ELF/32 bits perl. Which will uses around 100MB less memory.
    The other benefited 32ELF/32 bits commands/programs which look for a special file in the /lib, will find it again and work as they did on QTS 4.2 or lower.

SortmyQPKGs will start any helping QPKG/app first on boot, so QPKG/apps which relay on this can find and uses them.

And then another tip off the day, for the advanced user.
    In stead off editing the .QLMS.conf file, there is for a lot off commands a other way to set them.

If you're in the .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer directory, you can do touch UPDATE or NIGHTLY.
    Which will set it to do a check on startup for a new nightly/officieel update.

This trick can also be done for, QUIET, FAILSAFE, DIAG, STDIO, NOUPNP, NODEBUGLOG,NOINFOLOG, NOSTATISTICS, NOTRANSCODING, NOIMAGE, NOVIDEO, NOMYSQUEEZEBOX, NOBROWSECACHE, PERFMON, PERFWARN, CHECKSTRING, LOCALFILE.

Just for those in .qpkg/LogitechMediaServer/ directory do, touch .{cmd}. ( example touch .QUIET )
    This way you do not need to edit the config file, and by rm {cmd} will set it back to default. ( example rm .QUIET or rm UPDATE )

Hi Digimaster,

With 1.07.2 I can no longer get QLMS to work. 1.07 and 1.07.1 did fine. I did a fresh install (like always). It installs ok but it doesn┤t start the LMS. Something went wrong...
    But the Error-File shows no error. It just states that many modules were loaded at first and second try. A start with failsafe was ok.
    I returned to Version 1.07 now and everything is fine again. Seems as older NAS are running now, but the newer ones were damaged with 1.07.2.
    Last edited by blackbite; 2018-02-24 at 12:27.
    NAS: QNAP TS-451 QTS 4.3.4 (3x 4TB, RAID5)
    Services: QLogitechMediaServer 1.07

Quote Originally Posted by blackbite View Post
    Hi Digimaster,

With 1.07.2 I can no longer get QLMS to work. 1.07 and 1.07.1 did fine. I did a fresh install (like always). It installs ok but it doesn┤t start the LMS. Something went wrong...
    But the Error-File shows no error. It just states that many modules were loaded at first and second try. A start with failsafe was ok.
    I returned to Version 1.07 now and everything is fine again. Seems as older NAS are running now, but the newer ones were damaged with 1.07.2.
    That's a odd problem, as there is not mutch changed in 1.07.2.
    And more that failsafe works fine.
    The only thing could be the owner right settings on the directory.
    And i think its something in the Cache directory.
    Another thing i read, you do a fresh install, so makes it stranger.

Last edited by digimaster; 2018-02-25 at 01:51.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    That's a odd problem, as there is not mutch changed in 1.07.2.
    And more that failsafe works fine.
    The only thing could be the owner right settings on the directory.
    And i think its something in the Cache directory.
    Another thing i read, you do a fresh install, so makes it stranger.

Hi Digimaster,

the problem ist the use of /bin/pidof in the LogitechMediaServer.sh. /bin/pidof ist symlinked to busybox (not only) on my NAS. Or there is a typo in the else, where you do "ARGS=$(_PGREP ${QPKG_NAME}/SlimServer)". Please have a look.
    Here┤s the actual code for the start / restart section of version 1.07.2

Code:
    # Start LogitechMediaServer, QTS 4.3 and higher with sudo and renice, for faster and more secure preformance.

[[ -e /usr/bin/sudo ]] && (( SUDO )) && /usr/bin/sudo -Ebu ${USER} ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) 2>> ${LOGFILE} 1>/dev/null || ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) 2>> ${LOGFILE} 1>/dev/null && wait $!

# Check if Services is running and set prio if set, otherwise show error and exit !

ARGS=$(/bin/pidof slimserver.pl)
                      if (( ARGS )) ;then
                         [[ -f ${LOGFILE}.err ]] && /bin/rm ${LOGFILE}.err
                         [[ -e /bin/renice ]] && (( RENICE )) && /bin/renice $RENICE -p ${ARGS} &>/dev/null
                      else
                         ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) -d_startup &>${LOGFILE}.err && wait $!
                         _LOG 9 "CMDLINE "$(_CONFIG)
                         ARGS=$(_PGREP ${QPKG_NAME}/SlimServer) && /bin/kill -9 ${ARGS} &>/dev/null && wait $!
                         _RMPERL
                         _EXIT 1 "Something went wrong, check the ${LOGFILE}.err and you're configuration! You could Try $0 failsafe, or reinstall QPKG! "
                      fi
    And here┤s the working version of 1.07 (with the use of _PGREP):
    Code:
    # Start LogitechMediaServer, QTS 4.3 and higher with sudo and renice, for faster and more secure preformance.

[[ -x /usr/bin/sudo ]] && (( SUDO )) && /usr/bin/sudo -Ebu ${USER} ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) 2>> ${LOGFILE} 1>/dev/null || \
                      ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) 2>> ${LOGFILE} 1>/dev/null && wait $!

# Check if Services is running and set prio if set, otherwise show error and exit !

ARGS=$(_PGREP slimserver.pl)
                      if (( ARGS )) ;then
                         [[ -x /bin/renice ]] && (( RENICE )) && /bin/renice $RENICE -p ${ARGS} &>/dev/null
                      else
                         ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) -d_startup &>${LOGFILE}.err && wait $!
                         ARGS=$(_PGREP ${QPKG_NAME}/SlimServer) && /bin/kill -9 ${ARGS} &>/dev/null && wait $!
                         _RMPERL
                         _EXIT 1 "Something went wrong, check the ${LOGFILE}.err and you're configuration! You could Try $0 failsafe, or reinstall QPKG! "
                      fi
    So, if is install 1.07.2 and replace the LogitechMediaServer.sh with the one from 1.07 everything is fine.
    For further troubleshooting I have tried a complete fresh install of 1.07.2 for at least ten times. After the successfull install, i directly stopped LMS and tried to restart it, and the error came back. So with the naked install (without my restored Cache / prefs), I could force this behaviour.
    NAS: QNAP TS-451 QTS 4.3.4 (3x 4TB, RAID5)
    Services: QLogitechMediaServer 1.07

Very strange that pidof, not working correctly on you're QNap.
    Especially as at startup, the script does a check, if all needed commands are available.
    Should cause a completely other error, that a command is missing.

But through you're input, adjust the script, to check on both ways.
    Will be included in next release.

So thanks for pointing it out to me. ( was changed in v1.07.2, because older QNap systems )
    Next release will be out soon, working on to included the options for MusicIPServer.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbite View Post
    Hi Digimaster,

the problem ist the use of /bin/pidof in the LogitechMediaServer.sh. /bin/pidof ist symlinked to busybox (not only) on my NAS. Or there is a typo in the else, where you do "ARGS=$(_PGREP ${QPKG_NAME}/SlimServer)". Please have a look.
    Here┤s the actual code for the start / restart section of version 1.07.2

Code:

[[ -e /usr/bin/sudo ]] && (( SUDO )) && /usr/bin/sudo -Ebu ${USER} ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) 2>> ${LOGFILE} 1>/dev/null || ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) 2>> ${LOGFILE} 1>/dev/null && wait $!

ARGS=$(/bin/pidof slimserver.pl)
                      if (( ARGS )) ;then
                         [[ -e /bin/renice ]] && (( RENICE )) && /bin/renice $RENICE -p ${ARGS} &>/dev/null
                      else
                         _RMPERL
                      fi
    And here┤s the working version of 1.07 (with the use of _PGREP):
    Code:

[[ -x /usr/bin/sudo ]] && (( SUDO )) && /usr/bin/sudo -Ebu ${USER} ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) 2>> ${LOGFILE} 1>/dev/null || \
                      ${QPKG_ROOT}/SlimServer/slimserver.pl $(_CONFIG) 2>> ${LOGFILE} 1>/dev/null && wait $!

ARGS=$(_PGREP slimserver.pl)
                      if (( ARGS )) ;then
                         [[ -x /bin/renice ]] && (( RENICE )) && /bin/renice $RENICE -p ${ARGS} &>/dev/null
                      else
                         _RMPERL
                      fi
    So, if is install 1.07.2 and replace the LogitechMediaServer.sh with the one from 1.07 everything is fine.
    For further troubleshooting I have tried a complete fresh install of 1.07.2 for at least ten times. After the successfull install, i directly stopped LMS and tried to restart it, and the error came back. So with the naked install (without my restored Cache / prefs), I could force this behaviour.