Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485

QNAP Whitelist Feature Request

I created a feature request with QNAP to have Whitelist for Digital Signature checking.

I would suggest logon to you' re QNap through ssh shell.
    Then do ( cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ), now do ( ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restart )
    Now look at the screen on any messages, could be that its on a other port.
    9001 is the default, but if its already in use will do 9001+1 ( 9002 ) and up.

Something which you can also find in the messages on the dashboard of you' re QNap dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by royabc View Post
    After my Synology 216J totally 'banged' LMS, I bought a QNAP TS230 and thinking of using QLMS instead. Couldn't add Qnapclub to App Store, so I manually installed latest QLMS package downloaded from Qnapclub without any issues. Problem is now when I click 'QLogitechMediaServer' icon in order to start it, a new screen opens and says 'Safari cannot connect to the server'. I then tried Chrome and it's the same 'no connection'.

The new window shows an address of 'x.x.x.x:9001' so I checked my router and switch that 9001 port is not blocked or anything. And I can confirm that nothing was blocking it and no firewall was turned on.

Anyone had similar experience?

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

Yes there is, logon by ssh shell.
    Do ( cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ), now do ( ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh backup ).
    A backup will be mad eof the current settings and plugins, which can be found in /share/*//Public/.
    Here you will see QLMS_BCKUP_*.*tgz file, download them to a usb stick, or you' re laptop/desktop.

Now if you reset and reinstalled everything on you're QNap, place them back in the same directory.
    Now again logon you' re QNap, place the files back in share/*//Public/.
    Do ( cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ), now do ( ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restore ) and ( ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restart )

If everything went good, its back with the old settings and plugings.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by George_C View Post
    Hello DigiMaster,

My copy of QLMS installed a year ago works just fine but I need to reinstall it and would appreciate some advice and instructions,....

I first need to explain what compels me to need to reinstall it when it already works just fine…. Two or so weeks ago QNAP users were hit by the Qlocker ransomware. Luckily, I was not affected. However in the process of securing my NAS to mitigate possible future infections, I installed Malware Remover (MR) and ran it. MR detected unidentified “high risk malware”, instructed the use on steps to secure the NAS (which I followed) and claimed to have removed the Malware, then instructed the user to restart the NAS. Rerunning the MR without restarting the NAS finds no malware, but running it after restarting repeats the sequence of finding the high risk malware, instructing the user on securing the device, claiming once again to have removed the malware, and instructing the user to restart.

So with unidentified malware still potentially infecting the device (even though showing no symptoms), I opened a ticket with QNAP seeking assistance as to how to proceed. The response was that my device being old (TS-212P ) , the only advice to ensure that I get rid of the malware was to backup all the content, reformat the drives and “reinitialize” the device.

Now back to QLMS. My preference is to be able to restore QLMS after reinitialization to its current settings. Is there a one step way to backup the current installation with all its settings, followed by another one-step way to use the backup to reinstall it? [Alright, it doesn’t have to be one-step, but really, what is the simplest route to accomplish that objective?]

Alternatively is there any advantage to forgoing the objective of restoring all the current settings and creating a fully new installation?

Your help is very much appreciated.

gc
    Last edited by digimaster; 2021-05-07 at 15:07.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Thanks for the DONATIONS

This is a thing with i think ACL, try installing the ACL plugin.

Look good in the several thread, there should be more information on how to fix this.
    Has not thing to do with QLMS, more regarding the way you have setup management rights on you' re QNap

On my own QNap, the files in my MultiMedia have 0755 rights, and done nothing regarding the user squeezeboxserver.
    I would never suggested to let the user squeezeboxserver own those files, squeezeboxserver is just a systeem user.

Search on this forum, and check if you have ACL enabled on you' re QNap.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelccc42 View Post
    Hi Digimaster
    I contacted you last week regarding this but not sure if you received the message.

I installed the app and all went ok, until i tried to select the source of the music files, when i select /share/Multimedia it will not expand any further to show sub folders, so i cannot select the folder containing the files.
    The Qnap is a TS-253, running 4.5.3 firmware, i installed the 86_64 version of the app, I enabled the user it creates and gave the user full access to the folder.
    Any help you can give will be most appreciated.
    Best Regards
    Nigel

Thanks for the DONATIONS

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    Yes there is, logon by ssh shell.
    Do ( cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ), now do ( ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh backup ).
    A backup will be mad eof the current settings and plugins, which can be found in /share/*//Public/.
    Here you will see QLMS_BCKUP_*.*tgz file, download them to a usb stick, or you' re laptop/desktop.

Now if you reset and reinstalled everything on you're QNap, place them back in the same directory.
    Now again logon you' re QNap, place the files back in share/*//Public/.
    Do ( cd /share/*/.qpkg/LogitechMediaServer ), now do ( ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restore ) and ( ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh restart )

If everything went good, its back with the old settings and plugings.

Good luck.
    Thank you digimaster....

I followed your instructions and a backup file was created. However, the command:
    ./QLogitechMediaServer.sh backup
    generated errors. See link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I don't know if these errors are critical... Can you advise? Either errors can be ignored, or how to avoid them?

Thank you again

gc
    Last edited by George_C; 2021-05-12 at 20:46.

Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    This is a thing with i think ACL, try installing the ACL plugin.

Look good in the several thread, there should be more information on how to fix this.
    Has not thing to do with QLMS, more regarding the way you have setup management rights on you' re QNap

On my own QNap, the files in my MultiMedia have 0755 rights, and done nothing regarding the user squeezeboxserver.
    I would never suggested to let the user squeezeboxserver own those files, squeezeboxserver is just a systeem user.

Search on this forum, and check if you have ACL enabled on you' re QNap.
    Hi Digimaster, many thanks, all working great now.