Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dolodobendan View Post
    It worked before.

Good point, I'll try that next time! For now, I'm back to 2.04. Last question for now:

Do I get it right that if I'd set "CHARSET="" to CHARSET="utf8 --cachedir /DIR/WHERE/IT/SHOULD/SET/CACHE" it would still relocate the cache directory?
    No that won't work, could make LMS crash.

Send from my mobile Phone

maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    No that won't work, could make LMS crash.
    Yup, already tried that. But why did it crash? --cachedir is a regular startup parameter, is it not?
    QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

Yup, already tried that. But why did it crash? --cachedir is a regular startup parameter, is it not?
    Yep but it more how the script makes the needed startup line. There are checks in the script checking the different options and values.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.2 Nightly ( with spotty, youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
    Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by digimaster View Post
    Yep but it more how the script makes the needed startup line. There are checks in the script checking the different options and values.
    Feared as much. Thank you!
    QLMS 7.9.2@2.04 x64 (digimaster) with perl 5.28 dedicated to me. :D / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4

QTS 4.4.1 and QLogitechMediaServer for Qnap with QTS 4.2 or higher

Hello!
    Got the possibility to upgrade QTS 4.3.6 to 4.4.1.
    Any known cockups yet or should I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Hello!
    Got the possibility to upgrade QTS 4.3.6 to 4.4.1.
    Any known cockups yet or should I wait?
    Seems to be working fine for me. QLMS is now at 2.09.08 and QTS @ 4.4.1.1064
    Chris

================== QLogitechMediaServer version 2.10.01 ================================= 05-10-2019

+ Added a new option USER in .QLMS.conf. When set and exist on you're QTS, LMS will be started through that user !
    ( If you set it to the same user, as the one that writes the audio files, there should not be a issue on scanning the music-files. )
    ( Keep in mind the risk, if you choice a user with admin rights, it could break you're system or lose music files )
    ( The best way would be to make a group for example MUSIC, and make squeezeboxserver and the upload user part of it )
    ( And please don't set squeezeboxserver user, as owner on file through the webgui from QTS. That could case corrupting/losing you're music-files ! )
    + In the chroot file-system, now also TMPDIR is set!
    ( If TMPDIR was set in the host, some plugin's like spotty did not play properly )
    - Removed the User's admin/root in the chroot file-system !
    ( Did it for security reasons. If a hacker/virus would try intruded, only the running user can be used )
    + On startup there will be a messages about fixing owner/right's. Means that the files in the SlimServer/ will be set !
    ! After the big QTS update to 4.4.1, everything still works as aspect ed !
    * Some minor adjustments under the hood.
    ! 2.010.01 Minor adjustmented on /temp and rights, 2.10.00 user could not write in the /temp dir. Fixed

Want to get the new option, remove .QLMS.conf from .qpkg/LogitechMediaserver directory, and restart QLogitechMediaServer.
    A new file will be writen, with all the new default setting !

Last edited by digimaster; 2019-10-04 at 13:31.

New option, should fix you're scanning isue !

+ Added a new option USER in .QLMS.conf. When set and exist on you're QTS, LMS will be started through that user !
    ( If you set it to the same user, as the one that writes the audio files, there should not be a issue on scanning the music-files. )
    ( Keep in mind the risk, if you choice a user with admin rights, it could break you're system or lose music files )
    ( The best way would be to make a group for example MUSIC, and make squeezeboxserver and the upload user part of it )
    ( And please don't set squeezeboxserver user, as owner on file through the webgui from QTS. That could case corrupting/losing you're music-files ! )

Feared as much. Thank you!

2.10.01 crashes on my NAS

Hi Digimaster,

just wanted to inform you, that 2.10.01 unfortunately crashes on my NAS. I did a complete fresh installation of QLMS. I went back to 2.09.08 and everything is fine again.

QLMS could not be started. The error is:

Name:  lms_crash.PNG
Views: 69
Size:  7.7 KB

Seems to be the changes in chroot.
    Last edited by blackbite; 2019-10-05 at 06:17.
    NAS: QNAP TS-451 QTS 4.4.1.1064 (4x 4TB, RAID5)
    Services: QLogitechMediaServer 2.09.08

Quote Originally Posted by blackbite View Post
    Hi Digimaster,

just wanted to inform you, that 2.10.01 unfortunately crashes on my NAS. I did a complete fresh installation of QLMS. I went back to 2.09.08 and everything is fine again.

QLMS could not be started. The error is:

Name:  lms_crash.PNG
Views: 69
Size:  7.7 KB

Seems to be the changes in chroot.
    Hmmm oke, I see bonjour/avahi is causing it. Hmmmm have to have a look on it. Strang as it works fine in version 2.09.08 Thanks for informing me.