Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Wifi hardware failure?

Lovely Squeezebox Touch suddenly acts as if there just isn't WiFi hardware capability. Works fine over Ethernet.

Several factory resets.

Without Ethernet, I can look at Wireless Info--fields are blank. Choosing other menu options like Advanced > Diagnostics > Networking or Advanced > Networking > Choose Network gets no response: interface stays on the same screen.

With Ethernet, life is good.

I wonder if there's some way to better diagnose over ssh? Or a more thorough reset?

Or do we know enough already, to know that the Wifi chip is kaput and consider it now a piece of Ethernet-only hardware?

Viva Squeezebox, open source and the Slimdevices Forums!

I know this is an old thread, but I've just had exactly the same symptoms.

Does anyone on here know if this is likely to be a hardware failure? Would be nice to know before taking any drastic measures...

Quote Originally Posted by GB_Joe View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I've just had exactly the same symptoms.

Does anyone on here know if this is likely to be a hardware failure? Would be nice to know before taking any drastic measures...
    I recently had a complete network failure out of the blue - the touch even didn't find a network interface after restarting (wifi and ethernet).
    Resetting to factory defaults via the menu didn't help.
    However a complete factory reset (Press reset button very long while connecting to power - you will see a message on the screen when it was successful) did help.
    Some work to reinstall and setting everything up, but I am happy that my touch still works. This was the first time in 7 years of usage that this happened.

I had the Wifi functionality of a SB Boom die over 2.5 years ago. For me, the easiest solution was to buy an Iogear Ethernet 2 Wifi adapter. It's worked well and has been trouble-free ever since.