Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Transporter clicking on/off with picoreplayer

I have an issue that I'm looking for some advice on. I recently configued an RPi with picoreplayer running LMS. I have a Transporter that I use with this setup. I just did this, so versions are current (picoreplayer is 3.22; I believe that's LMS 7.9.1; and it's an RPi 3).

Everything operates well, except that, when I turn the Transporter off, I can hear and see it click very quickly on and off. This occurs maybe every couple minutes or so. The RPi and picoreplayer are "on" of course. I've not assumed or planned to shutdown the RPi when I'm not using it. I can't think of or find a setting anywhere that might get this behavior to stop.

any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by rlc999 View Post
    I have an issue that I'm looking for some advice on. I recently configued an RPi with picoreplayer running LMS. I have a Transporter that I use with this setup. I just did this, so versions are current (picoreplayer is 3.22; I believe that's LMS 7.9.1; and it's an RPi 3).

Everything operates well, except that, when I turn the Transporter off, I can hear and see it click very quickly on and off. This occurs maybe every couple minutes or so. The RPi and picoreplayer are "on" of course. I've not assumed or planned to shutdown the RPi when I'm not using it. I can't think of or find a setting anywhere that might get this behavior to stop.

any suggestions?
    highly likely its the powersupply issue on the Transporter. Easy simple cheap fix (can you use a screwdriver). See these links. When you buy the new power supply, buy several (parts are way cheaper than the shipping).
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...nsporter/page4
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/archiv.../t-100509.html
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch> Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1>Squeezelite
    Wilderness: PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I suppose the Pi is a DAC.
    Is it possible that the Pi activates the DAC output regularly and the Transporter wakes-up, somehow?

Does the Transporter click when squeezelite is shut down? When piCorePlayer OS is completely stopped? When the Pi is powered off (power physically removed)?
    3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.

Transporter clicking on/off with picoreplayer

thanks for the suggestions. The issue seems to have died down, so I'm not going to worry about it. I was doing some configuration of picoreplayer and LMS when this happened. When I turned off the Transporter, perhaps LMS was running in the background or something, given the configuration changes I had made and synch'g up cache or something, and thus causing this on/off behavior. When it was happening, if I shutdown LMS (using the web interface to picoreplayer), the behavior would stop. So, while I don't really understand it, it's gone away, so I won't worry about it. Thanks again.