Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Hybrid View

Touch acting up or rather down

Hi everyone,

I've been having some intermittent problems with what is now my ageing touch. I'm controlling it with Squeeze Commander on my phone. When it's working it is brilliant but recently sqeeze commander sort of fails to control the touch. Squeeze Commander shows my library which is connected to my touch on an external usb hard drive as well as showing spotify and radio radio stations playing through my raspberry pi. It even allows me to play a track and shows the time counting down on the track on my phone but my touch stays silent and shows no sign of being controlled. I can still control the touch and get it working when I use the touch screen on the touch itself.

Has anyone come across this problem and can suggest a fix. Is it something simple that I am missing or is this the sign of an old touch on the way out?

Many thanks,

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyquince View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been having some intermittent problems with what is now my ageing touch. I'm controlling it with Squeeze Commander on my phone. When it's working it is brilliant but recently sqeeze commander sort of fails to control the touch. Squeeze Commander shows my library which is connected to my touch on an external usb hard drive as well as showing spotify and radio radio stations playing through my raspberry pi. It even allows me to play a track and shows the time counting down on the track on my phone but my touch stays silent and shows no sign of being controlled. I can still control the touch and get it working when I use the touch screen on the touch itself.

Has anyone come across this problem and can suggest a fix. Is it something simple that I am missing or is this the sign of an old touch on the way out?

Many thanks,

Robert
    Are you sure Squeeze Commander is actually controlling your Touch, and not some other player?

Squeeze Commander would need to be connected to your Touch's own LMS server, and not LMS running elsewhere.

I don't have Squeeze Commander anymore (it's gone from the playstore), but the screenshot below from Squeeze Ctrl shows two servers, "musicserver" which is LMS running on a Pi, and "Touch (SD)" which is the Touch's inbuilt server. Make sure Squeeze Commander is connected to the same server that your Touch is connected to.

Name:  servers.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  27.8 KB

Name:  pic31-01-2018-13.05.18.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  16.5 KB
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.2 - Pi3B+/pCP 3.5.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite, 25K library and playlists on WDMyCloud, LMS cache on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Pi3B/pCP 3.5.0 > HiFiBerry AMP+/retro radio
    Garage - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 3.5.0 > Edifier R980T
    In car - RPi3B/pCP in AP mode > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's audio (files on a 2TB USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 1xBoom

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    Are you sure Squeeze Commander is actually controlling your Touch, and not some other player?

Squeeze Commander would need to be connected to your Touch's own LMS server, and not LMS running elsewhere.

I don't have Squeeze Commander anymore (it's gone from the playstore), but the screenshot below from Squeeze Ctrl shows two servers, "musicserver" which is LMS running on a Pi, and "Touch (SD)" which is the Touch's inbuilt server. Make sure Squeeze Commander is connected to the same server that your Touch is connected to.

Name:  servers.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  27.8 KB

Name:  pic31-01-2018-13.05.18.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  16.5 KB
    Hi there,

Many thanks for the reply. I can switch between the two options that I have Squeezebox Touch or Spotify (on my RaspPi). On either of these options squeeze commander shows that the song is playing but the touch just doesn't respond.

Have you tried clearing the Squeeze Commander cache?
    Chris :)

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Have you tried clearing the Squeeze Commander cache?
    Sorry - but how do you do that?

On SqueezeCommander, go to Settings/SqueezeCommander Settings/Clear Cache.
    The cache clears and the Smartphone database rebuilds itself.
    Chris :)