Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[SOLVED]Problems with LMS on Freenas 11.1 U1 (FreeBSD11.1/iocage)

I finally get a build of LMS via ports to work (you have to disable the tests in the LMS options), but i still have problems with the server.
    Even when the installation process is much easier than before , its just
    Code:
    LMS
    portsnap fetch extract
    cd /usr/ports/.../logitechmediaserver/
    (tests off)
    make install clean
    echo 'logitechmediaserver_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf
    service logitechmediaserver start
    the server is not completely working as it should: I was only able to connect two of my Squeezeboxes (touch and radio). The second radio was not able to find the server. But via webif i was able to start some spotty play on the radio and i was able to listen. But the display on the radio still tells me i couldn't find any server. Very strange.
    Another thing i found out is: the old installation just has three open ports: 3483, 9000, 9090
    But with the new "ports"-pkg i get 21,22,111,139,445,2049,6000 additionally to the 3483,9000,9090

Anyone who uses the ports version of LMS, too? Whats wrong with the discovery and why are there so many open ports?
    Last edited by mrMuppet; 2018-03-01 at 13:22. Reason: solved

Ok. I reset the radio, and was able to overtake it from mysqueezebox to my local server. But now it is in a kind of meta stadium: I can send songs to it from my servers ui and they are played on the radio, but the radio itself doesn't recognize it: when I go to "my music" it shows me I should download the server software and when I press the homebutton to show the actually played song I get the error "pling".

Anyone who knows what to do now?

Edit: In the logfile there is one line: "Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [13:48:01.2257] dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [repositories]"

Quote Originally Posted by mrMuppet View Post

Edit: In the logfile there is one line: "Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [13:48:01.2257] dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [repositories]"
    This most likely means that the platform detection has an issue, and/or that there are no defaults for this platform. Check which platform LMS thinks it's running on (see Slim/Utils/OSDetect.pm and Slim/Utils/OS/*.pm)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland0 View Post
    This most likely means that the platform detection has an issue, and/or that there are no defaults for this platform. Check which platform LMS thinks it's running on (see Slim/Utils/OSDetect.pm and Slim/Utils/OS/*.pm)
    Thanks for your advice. Now I've looked in these files but don't know how to find out the system. In the setup page its detected as
    Code:
    Betriebssystem: FreeBSD - DE - utf8
    Plattformarchitektur: amd64-freebsd
    Perl-Version: 5.24.3 - amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
    suspicious seems to be the LMS Server Version:
    Code:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - TRUNK @ UNKNOWN
    If if compare it to the info my old LMS-install in a warden-jail (no iocage-jail), there a some little differences:

(old, working) warden:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1499900819 @ Mon Jul 24 04:09:37 UTC 2017
    Hostname: LMS_v4
    IP-Adresse des Servers: 192.168.178.156
    Server-HTTP-Portnummer: 9000
    Betriebssystem: freebsd - DE - UTF-8
    Perl-Version: 5.24.2 - amd64-freebsd-thread-multi

(new, not working) iocage:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - TRUNK @ UNKNOWN
    Hostname: lms_v2
    IP-Adresse des Servers: 192.168.178.168
    Server-HTTP-Portnummer: 9000
    Betriebssystem: FreeBSD - DE - utf8
    Perl-Version: 5.24.3 - amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
    Last edited by mrMuppet; 2018-02-01 at 06:52.

Thanks for your advice. Now I've looked in these files but don't know how to find out the system.
    Compare the Slim/Utils/OS/ directories of both versions. Any differences?

Edit OSDetect.pm line 134
    Code:
     $isLinux   = $os->get('os') eq 'Linux';
    # add this
    print STDOUT "OS: " .  $os->get('os') . " / OSname: " . $os->get('osName') . "\n";
    and check the output when starting LMS

Compare the Slim/Utils/OS/ directories of both versions. Any differences?
    There is a "Custom.pm" in the iocage but not in the warden one. Without the file, LMS doesn't start Error: "mkdir /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/Logs: Permission denied at /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/Slim/Utils/Log.pm".
    Alle other files have the same filesize. i think they are identic.

The Custom.pm is here

Quote Originally Posted by Roland
    Edit OSDetect.pm line 134
    Code:
     $isLinux   = $os->get('os') eq 'Linux';
    # add this
    print STDOUT "OS: " .  $os->get('os') . " / OSname: " . $os->get('osName') . "\n";
    and check the output when starting LMS
    Output is: OS: FreeBSD / OSname: FreeBSD

BTW. one of my tries that didn't lead to anything...: in the logfile i found:
    Code:
    [18-02-01 18:49:05.1592] Slim::Utils::Misc::addFindBinPaths (161) not adding /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/Bin/amd64-freebsd-thread-multi - does not exist
    [18-02-01 18:49:05.1594] Slim::Utils::Misc::addFindBinPaths (161) not adding /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/Bin/freebsd - does not exist
    I copied the dir "i386-freebsd-64int" that is at exacly this position from warden to iocage (and renamed them). Leads to
    Code:
    [18-02-01 18:54:50.5752] Slim::Utils::Misc::addFindBinPaths (155) adding /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/Bin/amd64-freebsd-thread-multi
    [18-02-01 18:54:50.5753] Slim::Utils::Misc::addFindBinPaths (155) adding /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/Bin/freebsd
    Last edited by mrMuppet; 2018-02-01 at 11:53. Reason: Added custom.pm

i found out that the both starting scripts in etc/rc.d (don't know the right term) are very diffrent:

warden

iocage with ports

don't know if it has something to do with it...

There is a "Custom.pm" in the iocage but not in the warden one. Without the file, LMS doesn't start Error: "mkdir /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/Logs: Permission denied at /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/Slim/Utils/Log.pm".
    Alle other files have the same filesize. i think they are identic.
    The Custom.pm is here
    change Custom.pm line 42 from
    Code:
    } elsif ($dir eq 'strings' || $dir eq 'revision') {
    to
    Code:
    } elsif ($dir =~ /^(?:strings|revision|repositories)$/) {

change Custom.pm line 42 from
    Code:
    } elsif ($dir eq 'strings' || $dir eq 'revision') {
    to
    Code:
    } elsif ($dir =~ /^(?:strings|revision|repositories)$/) {
    Thank you very much for your help, Roland0 . Now the last error Message is gone. But i still can't get connect to my server in the normal way. The only thing i can do is to connect the device (radio) to mysqueezebox.com and the i can take it from there to my server: But then i can only control it by the webif. The Radio itself doesn't display anything correct. It shows a cover last played on the mysqueezebox.com and if i chose to open "my music" it tells me i should download the serversoftware and install a server. I think it still doesn't discover the server.

When i did this taking over of the radio to my local server (via mysqueezebox.com) there appeared a new error msg:
    Code:
    [18-02-01 21:08:16.2716] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [21:08:16.1171] prepare_cached(SELECT value FROM metainformation WHERE name = 'isScanning') statement handle DBI::st=HASH(0x80a271420) still Active at /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 679.
    Do you have any idea what i can do?

Edit: New msg
    Code:
    [18-02-01 21:18:31.4250] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) 00:04:20:29:6a:0f: request not dispatchable!
    00:04:20:29:6a:0f is the radio
    Last edited by mrMuppet; 2018-02-01 at 13:33. Reason: new msg

I remember that i had problems with autodiscovery with my logitech (!) Harmony system in connection with this iocage thing. Maybe this has something to do with it?