Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

my first post

I have just got hold of a Boom and a Classic which are both logged into some one else's Mysqueezebox account and so I am here finding out what can be done to allow them to be used with my account

Post again to gain extra rights ... then PM mherger with the MAC address and other supporting info.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Having bought a few used devices, all you have to do is get to the step where the UI says "this device is registered to xxx@xx.com, then (i forget the exact option) if you choose "continue" it will remain registered to xxx.xx.com, if you choose "register" (or ?) it will allow you to enter your account credentials and change the registration to your account.
    <edit - I just tried it on a radio, the option is to "register" on the "squeezebox account" page, which occurs right after network connection>

<edit - start from a factory reset and go through the setup>

I think it's only for mysb.com issues we need to "ask Michael"

Jim
    Last edited by Redrum; 2021-04-02 at 04:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Having bought a few used devices, all you have to do is get to the step where the UI says "this device is registered to xxx@xx.com, then (i forget the exact option) if you choose "continue" it will remain registered to xxx.xx.com, if you choose "register" (or ?) it will allow you to enter your account credentials and change the registration to your account.

<edit - start from a factory reset and go through the setup>

I think it's only for mysb.com issues we need to "ask Michael"

Jim
    Doesn't that only work for Radio and Touch?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

don't know. I do have 2 booms, but not at my current location. I did buy both booms used, and assume I changed them to my account, but can't verify

sorry if I gave wrong info, thought it was "universal"

Jim

<edit - I just remembered I have a boom in storage here (I might have an addiction). I went through the setup, and correct slarti, it does not prompt to register, just choose which LMS Library. However, I did go through settings->mysb.com-> account, and it has my mysb.com account. Since it was bought used, I must have changed it somehow. Perhaps the OP can go through setup and see if once it connects to his LMS, what does the mysb.com setting say? Perhaps it's obtained through LMS?>
    Last edited by Redrum; 2021-04-02 at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post

Correct, this only works for Radio and Touch.

For anyone with a Boom, SB3, Transporter, one must either have the prior owner login to mysqueezebox.com and remove the player from the account OR someone at logitech has to remove it from account. Once removed from old account, it can be added to the current owner's mysqueezebox.com account.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Correct, this only works for Radio and Touch.

For anyone with a Boom, SB3, Transporter, one must either have the prior owner login to mysqueezebox.com and remove the player from the account OR someone at logitech has to remove it from account. Once removed from old account, it can be added to the current owner's mysqueezebox.com account.
    ...also works for receivers/duets.

Sorry for my previous bad advice. However, I have purchased 2 used booms and never had to "remove it from the old account". Perhaps it still is registered to another account, or the reseller removed their account before shipping it to me (?), but I can confirm I can access my mysb.com account through the booms. Just checked one this AM.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    ...also works for receivers/duets.

Sorry for my previous bad advice. However, I have purchased 2 used booms and never had to "remove it from the old account". Perhaps it still is registered to another account, or the reseller removed their account before shipping it to me (?), but I can confirm I can access my mysb.com account through the booms. Just checked one this AM.

Jim
    Yep, a thoughtful seller would remove the player before selling. But of course some people weren't major users of these players, stuck them in the closet, and then later sold/gave them away with no knowledge that anything needed to be done.
    Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, Material Skin, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify