Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fnilur
    • Jul 2021

Originally posted by Redrum
    welcome! since this is your first post, you are not able to send a PM to Michael, so, see post #75 of this thread:

Jim
    Thank you Jim.
    I guess that means that i need to email michael att slimdevices.com?

Comment

• Redrum
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Fnilur
      Thank you Jim.
      I guess that means that i need to email michael att slimdevices.com?
      yes, if you had a few more posts (3,5?) then you could private message (PM) him, but until then, email is the way.

Jim

Comment

• Fnilur
        • Jul 2021

yes, if you had a few more posts (3,5?) then you could private message (PM) him, but until then, email is the way.

Jim
        Okey, thank you.
        Emailed him a few minutes ago.

Comment

• Transistor
          • May 2022

Same problem. Bought used Squeezebox Boom

I bought an used Squeezebox Boom and it linked to previous owner.

Comment

• Transistor
            • May 2022

4rhpjf

The owner cannot remember anything and is unable to help

Comment

• garym
              • May 2008

Originally posted by Transistor
              The owner cannot remember anything and is unable to help
              private message @mherger on this forum and provide the MAC address of the Boom. He can switch it to your account.
              Home: Pi4B-8GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
              Cottage: rPi4B-4GB/pCP8.2.x/4TB>LMS 8.5.x>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (Radio WIFI)
              Office: Win11(64)>foobar2000
              The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP7.x/4TB>LMS 8.1.x>hifiberry Dac+Pro (LMS & Squeezelite)
              Controllers: Material Skin, iPhone14Pro & iPadAir5 (iPeng), or CONTROLLER
              Files: Ripping: dBpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes, TuneFusion; Streaming: Spotify

Comment

• Redrum
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by garym
                private message @mherger on this forum and provide the MAC address of the Boom. He can switch it to your account.
                you will need 3 posts to be able to PM, so just post here until you reach three.

Jim

Comment

• pavaroo
                  • Jun 2022

you will need 3 posts to be able to PM, so just post here until you reach three.

Jim
                  I was wondering that there is no PM function.
                  I also got a used box (Smartradio) and can not add it to my account.

Comment

• toby10
                    • Jul 2007

SmartRadio can be added to your account without any assistance from Logitech. Just perform a Factory Reset on the player, after setting up initial network settings the screen will say "this player is already registered, do you want to keep this account?", scroll down to "NO, create a new account", now enter your MySB.com account login info

To factory reset your Squeezebox Radio (I assume this is same for UE SmartRadio), press and hold the Power button until the unit turns off; then touch the Power button to restore power. Immediately press and hold the More button until a “Factory Reset” message appears on the screen. Alternatively, go to Home > Settings > Advanced > Factory Reset > Continue.

Comment

• Paul Webster
                      • Apr 2005

Although you might also have to change the firmware if it is setup to be a UE SmartRadio because that connects to its own portal and cannot use a local LMS (if you wanted to do it).

UE SmartRadio - https://www.uesmartradio.com/user/login

See this old forum post for how to switch the firmware etc
                      Paul Webster
                      Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
                      and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Comment

• robbierocket555
                        • Jul 2022

Squeezebox help....

Hi Michael.

Don't know if you can help me with a squeezebox boom Mac Address: 00:04:20:xx:yy:zz which I purchased recently mainly just for spares as it had 2 blown speakers but it works well otherwise, when I started it up, the previous users account appeared to be set up on the device as it played radio stations clearly used by the previous user, I tried a reset with no difference. I asked the previous owner for him to remove it from his devices on MySb to which he stated he had never connected the boom to MySb, he gave me his log on details which confirmed the unit had never been connected.... The device is connected to something but don't know how to disconnect from its previous user for it to then prompt me to connect with my details, any ideas how I do that without having to contact Logitech which can take quite a while to resolve problems like this...

Any help is greatly appreciated, would be a shame for a useable boom to be scrapped....

Thanks, Rob
                        Last edited by mherger; 2022-10-17, 07:07. Reason: Remove MAC address

Comment

• mherger
                          Babelfish's Best Boy
                          • Apr 2005

Hi Rob,

I removed the player from our database. You should be able to assign it to your account.

Free the Music!
                          Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                          (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

Working...